+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Ooo!! It's a very long journey
Applied for csq in 2014
Got csq in 2016
Federal application on 2017 but file lost
Again reapplied in 2018 Jan
AOR on march 2018
1stMedical done on August 2018
Remedical done on August 2019
Got decision made on ECAS on yesterday but no PPR mail yet...
Don't know how long it will take for PPR email now??
Congrats my friend. Wish you the best!

As I noticed from all 2017 and early 2018 applicants (first 8 months), even the file is complicated they got their medicals within 4-5 months after AOR.
But late 2018 and all 2019 applicants did not get medicals within this time period.
Do you have any ideas about why this is changed? Why this period is extended? or any other comments on medicals?

Reactions: ballak1984

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
Because my passport was going to expire in a few months I have applied for new one, Now I am going to inform cic about that. What term is better to use, I have updated or renewed my passport?

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017

As I noticed from all 2017 and early 2018 applicants (first 8 months), even the file is complicated they got their medicals within 4-5 months after AOR.
But late 2018 and all 2019 applicants did not get medicals within this time period.
Do you have any ideas about why this is changed? Why this period is extended? or any other comments on medicals?
For simple reason of early medicals means- remedicals if expired! The sooner the medical doesn’t really matters and its better than remedicals which is both physically and financially draining!

Reactions: paras_123

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Sorry but I can’t go that soon it will be less then 2 months how someone can leave everything and go in two months no way
Do a soft landing. Go there for a week. Apply for PR card and return. Wind up everything upon your return to the home country. The one who receives your PR cards in Quebec can courier you the same using DHL or FedEx. Use those cards to fly back to Quebec when you are ready.

That's the only alternative.

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Applied for csq in 2014
Got csq in 2016
AOR on march 2018
Congratulations.

Reactions: arc6016

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016

LoL. As you already know about my case, I have been into that bucket of Late 2018 applicants. (Oct'18). I guess they should be hopefully sending medical requests in October-Dec window, looking at many people received Medical Requests in Oct 2018.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
LoL. As you already know about my case, I have been into that bucket of Late 2018 applicants. (Oct'18). I guess they should be hopefully sending medical requests in October-Dec window, looking at many people received Medical Requests in Oct 2018.
Buddy, you will get your medical request most probably within a month ;)
I am sure this will boost your patience again to wait a little bit more.
But I want to understand, why this procedure changed? It is clearly a big shift in medical requests timings. I don't know why this has happened.

For simple reason of early medicals means- remedicals if expired! The sooner the medical doesn’t really matters and its better than remedicals which is both physically and financially draining!
It is better for whom? To my understanding, early medicals are much better for the applicant and it pushes IRCC officers to take on-time or hasty decisions without passing the applicant's medical expiration deadline.
This also can be seen from the applicants who get re-medicals, they get DM within a month.

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
Buddy, you will get your medical request most probably within a month ;)
I am sure this will boost your patience again to wait a little bit more.
But I want to understand, why this procedure changed? It is clearly a big shift in medical requests timings. I don't know why this has happened.

It is better for whom? To my understanding, early medicals are much better for the applicant and it pushes IRCC officers to take on-time or hasty decisions without passing the applicant's medical expiration deadline.
This also can be seen from the applicants who get re-medicals, they get DM within a month.
So do you mean its okay for you to do remedicals and pay again?? Fyi, those who had late medicals also got PPR within a month so it doesnt really matter if your MR is late. Also, before the average processing time for QSW is less than 17 months so majority also get MR earlier, currently its 22 months, logic wise, Medicals will just expire if they will follow the previous trend!

Basing on your previous posts, some of them do not make sense even the recent- “IRCC officers to take on time or hasty decisions without passing the applicant’s medical expiration deadline” - because if you are reading the posts in here, majority of those of who had early medicals paid for another remedical! And of course its a disadvantage! Besides medical is just easy to pass, as a matter of fact, it can be the last before the decision. IRCC focuses on other long checks, example- SECURITY, Don’t you know that?

Last edited:

shappa

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Applied for csq in 2014
Got csq in 2016
AOR on march 2018
Exactly which date your remedial passed. Because I also did remediclas on aug 2019' which passed on 28th. And still I am waiting updates. I am sept 2017 applicant.

pinkkk_blueee

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Applied for csq in 2014
Got csq in 2016
AOR on march 2018
congrats. Where are you originally from?
Inland or outland?

paras_123

Aug 15, 2019
Applied for csq in 2014
Got csq in 2016
AOR on march 2018
Congrats Buddy! Good Luck..

andienzen

Jan 15, 2019
I just received PPR. You'll find my timeline below (Inland PEQ applicant):

APP 2018-06-29
AOR 2018-08-22
MR 2018-11-21
Pre-arrival 2018-11-22
PPR & DM 2019-09-09

I would like to do the landing as soon as I receive CoPR. Preferably directly at the Montreal IRCC office (1025 St Jacques) without going to the border (would save me the hassle of renting a car, driving down there, flagpoling, etc.).

Has anyone done inland landing recently? How long is the waiting time for an appointment? If I do book an appointment but then decide to go to the border after all, will there be any issue landing at the border?

I've read that some people landed at the Montreal IRCC office without an appointment (walk-in based, https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/inland-landing-interview-question.589786/#post-7728442) in early 2019. Has anyone done this recently?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Emad85

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi Guys.
How i got Passport request for Visa.
My concern is how many days to return my passport back with the Copr ?
Best regards