+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Positively cynical

Jun 7, 2019
Hi hi!

Hope you all doing well. I got Decision made in my ecas, I call IRCC and agent confirm my application is approuved since august 09. Thanks God!

So now I have to wait for Ready for Visa email, right?

Sep 2017: File received
July 2019: Request for NEW: PC, PPT copie, IMM 0008, IMM 5462, IMM 5562, IMM 5669, Schedule A and 1st medical exam.
August 2019: DM
Hey, congrats! When in July did you get all these documents requested and when in August was the decision made? Thanks

Reactions: paras_123

ghapama

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
By the way, in case no one has noticed, on GCKey they keep sneakily changing the date by which they need to have processed the application. Last month it was November 2019 now it is January 2020. Talk about moving the goalposts...

Quebecdreams...

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Getting early medical doesn't means that you application will be proceeded faster. You risk to re-do medical if the criminality and back ground check are not finished within 1 year. I did medical in January and I'm stuck on Background check, 21 months already today. Medicals and RPRF are relatively fast step to pass.
Yea , my correspondent also told me same thing . She said I can do RPRF and medicals once they make DM and send COPR , after which they will give us two months time to do medicals and RPRF and then you'll receive Visa.

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
Yea , my correspondent also told me same thing . She said I can do RPRF and medicals once they make DM and send COPR , after which they will give us two months time to do medicals and RPRF and then you'll receive Visa.
Are they serious, they cant give you if your medicals and RPRF are not yet cleared and processed. RPRF can be paid even before lodging your papers to Federal, but Medicals cant be delayed if they already asked you to do so. Medicals should be cleared first before giving you a DM or PPR.

Quebecdreams...

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Are they serious, they cant give you if your medicals and RPRF are not yet cleared and processed. RPRF can be paid even before lodging your papers to Federal, but Medicals cant be delayed if they already asked you to do so. Medicals should be cleared first before giving you a DM or PPR.
No I haven't received medical request yet , they told me before DM CIC will mail us for Immigration Medical exam and ask RPRF paid , after which I'll receive PPR it seems. Is it correct?

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Not yet. By the way my medicals were expired in May, but I did not hear from them yet. First, I expect from them re-medicals or extension of medicals. Is it right? I am on 23rd month.
Expect a re-medical, unless you are an inland applicant, for whom they are mostly willing to extend the validity of medicals.

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Hello,

Anybody can share how long it took to get DM after medical extended/ remedical, for outland applicant?
It absolutely depends. Based on what I have seen, there is no available trend. It all depends on how close you are to the finish line (finish line = 22nd month).

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Dear forum fellows,

I am on the 22d month of my PR process and I just passed remedicals. I currently live in Gatineau-QC and have no intention to leave the province. I am currently in a minimum wage job out of my field - a survival job - but I was offered a job at UOttawa to start in September. If I apply for a new work permit for Ontario, would it jeopardize my PR process in Québec? Even though I will keep my residence here in Gatineau? I keep applying for jobs in Québec but my career is in science and government-related and all job postings in my field are in Ottawa. It is a very delicate situation. I don't know what to do. Who knows how much more I will have to still wait for the PR?
Yes, I am sorry if I gave misleading info. Those were just my ideas on how to melt down the backlog. Numbers were also imaginary.

Total Nos of applications being processed in Federal can't match or is not obligated to the quota decided by QC.
You are right. There are no quota obligations for Quebec. But here is the thing;
  • If Quebec increases its intake quota, Federal should increase its processing rate. (It seems they did not do this in recent years)Why would Federal invest more (which is needed to increase processing rate) just to match Quebec's intake? Absolutely no interconnection, unless Quebec Govt. requests Federal for a quicker processing and a formal alignment is obtained.
  • Quebec should balance its quota, simply by giving less CSQs otherwise it causes applicants to wait more in Federal (IRCC) phase. And this way is fairer because at least this will give applicants a clear picture of the timeline before applying to Quebec (MIDI). Again do bear in mind that Quebec may never want the same number of people in a single year, as is the number of CSQs they are issuing or have issued so far. Issuing CSQs and Federal processing PR are two processes which have their own defined timelines for processing.
They may seem to be overlapping, yet in my opinion, both work independently up to a fair level.
No offences, but I don't agree.

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
No offences, but its common sense that you will get DM only if you clear your medical tests. Not sure how the consultant is trying to convince you here.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
No offences, but I don't agree.
Why would Federal invest more (which is needed to increase processing rate) just to match Quebec's intake? Absolutely no interconnection, unless Quebec Govt. requests Federal for a quicker processing and a formal alignment is obtained.
They are absolutely connected and bound to each other.
If you don't have CSQ you cant apply to Federal phase. Can you?
If Federal does not approve you, you can't get PR even though you have CSQ. Can you?
You can not separate these two processes. Because you need both of them to obtain PR. They are like key & lock.

Secondly, you asked why would invest Federal more on this? Because Quebec is in Canada and it is connected to Ottawa. Simple as is.
They are not an independent country, they tried twice but could not achieve. The federal government has responsibilities against every citizen, does not matter where they live, which is constituted by law. Furthermore, Quebec transfers billions of dollars tax payments to Federal each year, which makes Federal totally responsible for this case as well.

almost_pr

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Someone tampered with the spreadsheet. I took the spreadsheet offline to fix it. It will take some time until it is accessible again. I may not make the sheet public again. You may have to sign in with your gmail account. I'm sick of people tampering with the sheet. It destroys the functionality of the backend scripts.

Quebecdreams...

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
No offences, but its common sense that you will get DM only if you clear your medical tests. Not sure how the consultant is trying to convince you here.
So , they ask for medicals first once we reach the end of process and RPRF can be paid during that time , Followed by DM is issued , is that so ?