+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ShannonT

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
my AOR is january 2018 and it`s still in process too.
We’ll get through mate
#Repost since nobody replied :). No Offences.

Somehow feeling a little low today. Hence for staying motivated, need your inputs on when can we expect the next round of medical requests. Its been 8 months since my Federal File Received Date, and my ECAS still shows 'Application Received'.

On the other hand, I wonder whether or not it would make sense for me to get medical request now, considering the total processing timeline is 21 months, and I am still 13 months away from the finish line. Even if I get Medical Request now, chances are high that it would expire in the next 12 months, when I would still be shown another 2-4 months of the pending timeline(assuming CIC further raises the timelines). I don't want to be unnecessarily negative, but at least that's what I have seen with most of the cases getting DM after 25 months when their processing timeline was 20 months.

I will really appreciate if people in this group can share their inputs based upon their anticipations/past experiences.

Thanks in advance!!
sorry if I did not replied buddy, my case is no secret to you and I thought others would reply.
You remember that thing on 2019 quota and the rest queued for 2020? Wished we could know when their quota has been reached so that we are fixed on whether we can start something or live in Pause ...

Last edited:

eeeee

Jun 22, 2019
We’ll get through mate. Off to pay yet an

sorry if I did not replied buddy, my case is no secret to you and I thought others would reply.
You remember that thing on 2019 quota and the rest queued for 2020? Wished we could know when their quota has been reached so that we are fixed on whether we can start something or live in Pause ...
Hello everybody about the issue of QUOTA my federal application received on Sep 2017, now more than 21 month passed, I have a problem that I have 3 children in school, I don't know will I be able to land this year, I'd like to decide if I'll submit my children in local national education of 2019-2020 or not, It's Cairo office, I paied landing fees on 11 May 2018, We passed medical exam on 5 July 2018
If any body have an idea, Iam waiting to

ShannonT

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hello everybody about the issue of QUOTA my federal application received on Sep 2017, now more than 21 month passed, I have a problem that I have 3 children in school, I don't know will I be able to land this year, I'd like to decide if I'll submit my children in local national education of 2019-2020 or not, It's Cairo office, I paied landing fees on 11 May 2018, We passed medical exam on 5 July 2018
If any body have an idea, Iam waiting to
Since it is above 21 months, raise a web form to get the details. From there, maybe you can take a decision.

Reactions: Calinda

Canadadreams...

Jun 15, 2019
We’ll get through mate

I seriously don't understand the anticipation of the Quota system ..if someone had completed 21 months by June 2019, as it was anticipated above that 2019 Quota is over and the next Quota will open in 2020, then this person will have to wait another six months as 2019 Quota is finished, is it so ? Or he's going to receive PPR according to the processing time?

megalomax

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Philippines
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
7/07/2012
Doc's Request.
21/07/2014
AOR Received.
23/03/2018
Med's Request
16/07/2018
Med's Done....
14/08/2018
We’ll get through mate

where can we find info on this quota? didn't know this one...

ShannonT

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
where can we find info on this quota? didn't know this one...
From previous posts , there are links and explanations. Maybe a couple of pages back.

I seriously don't understand the anticipation of the Quota system ..if someone had completed 21 months by June 2019, as it was anticipated above that 2019 Quota is over and the next Quota will open in 2020, then this person will have to wait another six months as 2019 Quota is finished, is it so ? Or he's going to receive PPR according to the processing time?
My opinion is that is the whole point of bill 9. CSQ were issued rightfully with no limitation regardless if for example, all 50k invited applied at the same time. How can they keep issuing csq while they already know they need to cater for 50k immigrants at once? CSQ is their program so they can control it now. Despite PR is at federal, they can still cap , that is what they did. Yes we rightfully applied, yes they said 21 months, it was 12 when I applied and I am in my 16th month with no medical request yet. I know it’s hard to make an opinion based on speculations but seriously, the way things are going, the best you can hope is PR in December and for outlands, might be very harsh to go during the extreme winter.

@ertarun your opinion?

ShannonT

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
https://www.ledevoir.com/politique/quebec/548692/immigration-une-promesse-irrealiste#

The CAQ government has asked the federal government to accept only 24,300 in 2019.

This means that 16,900 people who were in the final stage of the process will have to wait at least until 2020 before obtaining permanent residence.

okay understood but they are hanging applicant's applied in September 2017 and giving decisions on December 2017 applicants ??
Seriously does tF is going on? i cannot imagine what's going through all those 18000 applicants whose files just disappeared overnight. I am so sorry!!

My work permit expiring in January are they going to make me go through all the hassle of apply work permit make additional payment ? Can anything be done against it really ?
According to Canada Quebec accord, the Quebec govt must inform Feds each year about the intake quotas. If the CAQ govt has informed the Feds that they need only X intake in 2019, that number will be present in Canada Quebec accord.

We will have to get this exact number out of their asses somehow. I think if we file Access To Information Act, asking the Fed about this particular X number in 2019, it will clear the confusion and will bring out what the CAQ idiots been upto.

Below is some data of Quebec PRs from the Annual Immigration Reports. Now if we can get the latest intake quota by filing Access To Information, we can get conclusive information.

Permanent Residents Admitted in 2017
Skilled Workers: 24,862
Total: 52,388 (all categories)

Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2018/permanent-residents-admitted-destination.html

Permanent Residents Admitted in 2016
Skilled Workers: 25,858
Total: 53,238 (all categories)

Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2017.html#section3

Permanent Residents Admitted in 2015
Skilled Workers: 23,370
Total: 48,962 (all categories)

Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2016.html#s3

Relevant parts of Canada Quebec accord :

https://lop.parl.ca/sites/PublicWebsite/default/en_CA/ResearchPublications/201189E

Canada remains responsible for establishing levels of immigration annually, taking into account Quebec's advice on the number of immigrants that it wants to receive. For the first time, a formal timetable for consultation was set out in the Accord whereby Canada informs Quebec by 30 April of each year of the options being considered with respect to future immigration levels, broken down into the various immigration classes.6 Quebec, in turn, informs Canada before 30 June of the number of immigrants it wishes to receive in the coming year or years, also broken down into classes.7 Following this process, the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires the federal minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship to table an annual report in each House of Parliament by 1 November of each year, if Parliament is then sitting, or otherwise within 30 days of the resumption of sitting by either House. This report contains details of immigration levels for the coming year.

@megalomax here you go friend, pages 1376-78

ShannonT

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
This is supposed to the timeline for the applicant who haven't applied the PR yet:)
Who haven't applied from which month and year ?
It’s bias. When that said people applies, he/she will afterwards have to select « I already applied » and be confronted with 21 months. In any case, that person’s application on GC key will be application date + 21 months :D

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Nothing is clear to understand here. Its all in the air. My best wishes!

Canadadreams...

Jun 15, 2019
It’s bias. When that said people applies, he/she will afterwards have to select « I already applied » and be confronted with 21 months. In any case, that person’s application on GC key will be application date + 21 months :D
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1185&top=3
The link above says about the change of process times from July 2018 , now whoever applied before July 2018 it's 21 months and after July 2018 it's 17 months.... isn't it?

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
From previous posts , there are links and explanations. Maybe a couple of pages back.

My opinion is that is the whole point of bill 9. CSQ were issued rightfully with no limitation regardless if for example, all 50k invited applied at the same time. How can they keep issuing csq while they already know they need to cater for 50k immigrants at once? CSQ is their program so they can control it now. Despite PR is at federal, they can still cap , that is what they did. Yes we rightfully applied, yes they said 21 months, it was 12 when I applied and I am in my 16th month with no medical request yet. I know it’s hard to make an opinion based on speculations but seriously, the way things are going, the best you can hope is PR in December and for outlands, might be very harsh to go during the extreme winter.

@ertarun your opinion?
Yep, I agree. Its all speculations in the air and hard to really reach near the estimates. I still somehow feel that they may clear some cases in Oct-Nov window, looking at their trends(which I feel that they work once in a 3-month window). So nobody knows what will happen next. Just keep your fingers crossed.