+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Canadadreams...

Jun 15, 2019
Yep, I agree. Its all speculations in the air and hard to really reach near the estimates. I still somehow feel that they may clear some cases in Oct-Nov window, looking at their trends(which I feel that they work once in a 3-month window). So nobody knows what will happen next. Just keep your fingers crossed.
Hoping for them to open their Oct- Nov window.

Canadadreams...

Jun 15, 2019
That's what I thought as well since I applied in October 2018. But unfortunately, my GC key account too shows 21 months. And this is really weird.
That's what I thought as well since I applied in October 2018. But unfortunately, my GC key account too shows 21 months. And this is really weird.
And you haven't applied before June 2018 right ?
Then obviously you should choose the option of " I haven't applied "

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
And you haven't applied before June 2018 right ?
Then obviously you should choose the option of " I haven't applied "
If you choose the option " I haven't applied " it'll show you 17 months.
That's what I said, when I was about to send my application in October 2018, I fell under the category 0f "I am yet to apply - 15-17 months'. So ideally my processing should be done in 17 months. But my GC Key shows 21 months only.

Reactions: ShannonT

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
It's a situation that immigration lawyer Guillaume Cliche-Rivard calls "dramatic and devastating."

"These people are selected by Quebec. This means they answer all the qualifications of the Quebec government," said Cliche-Rivard, president of an association of immigration lawyers, known by its French acronym AQAADI. "They were told green light."

"To put those families into that distress, it's inhumane and a lack of compassion," he said. "Some of them are waiting for spouses, separated from their kids."

I think after canceling that 18k application backlog at CSQ stage, they may think to melt down the files which are waiting at the Federal stage, as a favor or show off.

But most probably, to the best of my knowledge and belief, Ottowa (Federal Govt.) never takes these kinds of actions because Quebec Skilled Workers are the least significant crowd of applicants for them.

I am not comparing our cases with Express Entry at all, but we are the least desirable candidates, even less than refugees.
Sad but true.

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Same stuff which we already know. I would reiterate that everything is in the air till the time we don't have visibility into what number of applications have been already processed and the percentage of quota that's still available. All I know is to be patient till 21-24 months from the day I applied for Federal. Cheers!

Mohan Prathipati

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
It's a situation that immigration lawyer Guillaume Cliche-Rivard calls "dramatic and devastating."

"These people are selected by Quebec. This means they answer all the qualifications of the Quebec government," said Cliche-Rivard, president of an association of immigration lawyers, known by its French acronym AQAADI. "They were told green light."

"To put those families into that distress, it's inhumane and a lack of compassion," he said. "Some of them are waiting for spouses, separated from their kids."

I think after canceling that 18k application backlog at CSQ stage, they may think to melt down the files which are waiting at the Federal stage, as a favor or show off.

But most probably, to the best of my knowledge and belief, Ottowa (Federal Govt.) never takes these kinds of actions because Quebec Skilled Workers are the least significant crowd of applicants for them.

I am not comparing our cases with Express Entry at all, but we are the least desirable candidates, even less than refugees.
Sad but true.
I was told that it's the Quebec government which tells the federal government how many files to be processed at federal stage in a month or Quarter or yearly.

Positively cynical

Jun 7, 2019
Do you guys think this is a generalized situation? We are only a few active people in this blog, do you guys think that this may be happening to only a few of us? I know two people who applied after me (I applied in October 2017) that became permanent residents this month already. Any comments on your experiences would be appreciated. Thanks and all the best for each of your cases.

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....
Do you guys think this is a generalized situation? We are only a few active people in this blog, do you guys think that this may be happening to only a few of us? I know two people who applied after me (I applied in October 2017) that became permanent residents this month already. Any comments on your experiences would be appreciated. Thanks and all the best for each of your cases.
I am waiting since August 2017. Into my 23rd month :oops: