+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Positively cynical

Jun 7, 2019
Inland applicant- Sydney
PEQ Program
APP Oct 2, 2017
AOR Jan 4, 2018
MR Apr 24, 2018
Medical passed May 15, 2018
Security check in progress
DM still waiting
Great, I called yesterday and my Security check has not started yet, I have a pretty similar timeline, APP Oct 13 2017, Medical passed early May 2018... they keep telling me that just because the security check status in the system appears as "not started" does not mean that it actually hasn't which I think it's a total bullshit.. Very annoyed at this point

eirrehcil

May 2, 2019
Hi guys,

I saw a thing changed in my account. It used to be " Medical Passed", but now it says " You do not need a medical" just as same as bio-metrics. Is it normal?
Although it changes, I still don't see any updates or anything. It is now my 21 months.

Wish everyone a good luck.

arc6016

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Category........
QSW
Hi guys,

I saw a thing changed in my account. It used to be " Medical Passed", but now it says " You do not need a medical" just as same as bio-metrics. Is it normal?
Although it changes, I still don't see any updates or anything. It is now my 21 months.

When was your medical done?
Is it still valid??

Zod91

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hi guys,

Same thing for me. Before it used to be medicals have passed and now it changed to " You do not need a medical" . My medicals were also done last year in May and updated to passed on May 18, 2018. Inland applicant. applied in October 2017.

Zod91

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Did you apply in October 2017? Yesterday, the representative told me my application has been deemed as "ready for security check" (aka last step) since June 2018! wtf
Yup October 04, 2017. Last time I called them, which was just around 12 days ago, the representative said that security is clear but the background hasnt started yet.

mkm221

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Were you able to speak with any rep on the phone after you have received this notes? What did they say about your security then?

Either ways keep trying to call them again and give the this reference of GCMS notes if they say your security check haven’t started yet.
Yes I did. However I did not ask about security.
Anyway every time i call i keep getting different info

rickdecakrd

Feb 26, 2018
Hi,
Does anyone know if your passport has be valid for at least 6 months to re-enter Canada? I'm on a closed work permit and traveling to the USA for a weekend, but my passport is valid for 4 more months. I have a closed work permit an everything, but I read online about the 6-months rule and now I'm wondering if it could be a problem?
Thanks

eirrehcil

May 2, 2019
When was your medical done?
Is it still valid??
Are you inland applicant? Did they ever request a medical since you submitted?

If I were you i would call and ask which stage of processing they are at? Good you don’t need medical but you should know if you have passed rest of the steps. If they have started your background and security checking?

Then the next thing what I would do is request a GCMS not.. keep them CIC work
Same thing for me. Before it used to be medicals have passed and now it changed to " You do not need a medical" . My medicals were also done last year in May and updated to passed on May 18, 2018. Inland applicant. applied in October 2017.
I had my medical in April 2018 in Montreal and the result was received and passed in May. They are not requesting another one for now. I was just wondering if that was normal. I guess it is normal then. A lot of applications (September- October 2017) were delayed:(