+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

adeboyeadejobi

Dec 6, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
15-07-2017
Hello Everyone.

I am in a state of confusion suddenly, lawyer actually mailed my file on September 7th, then the below dates have been generated.
can you please help me undertand, which of the below dates will me my point of reference to count 20 or 21 month ?
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 13, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 12, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 12, 2017
You will be 21months by tomorrow.

Reactions: lackofusername00

mkm221

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Hello Everyone

I've been waiting for my PR for almost 31 months now!! could someone please let me know if they're in the same situation? I've tried every possible solution to know why my application is taking this long but i always get the generic response from CIC with no clear explanation!! Even the MP of my area have been in contact with them for over a year now and they still give her no clear answer... And my GCMS notes give no clue about anything wrong with my application. In March 2019, CIC told me that I passed all the steps of the process even the background check and they asked me to do a second medical exam and i passed that too, and now 3 months later am still waiting for a final decision which is making me very frustrated because my post-graduation work permit expired by the end of May and I applied to renew it 10 days before it expired just to be able to stay in Canada while waiting for DM. So if someone is in a similar situation with a very very long waiting time please let me know so i don't keep having the feeling that something is wrong with my application because i know a lot of people who applied way after me getting their DMs a long time ago!

Here's a little summary about my application and timeline:

Application Type: In-Land (Applied from Canada)
Application Stream: Quebec Skilled Workers
CSQ Stream: PEQ - Quebec Graduate
Nationality: Lebanese
Visa Office: Ottawa, ON
Status When Applied: Post Graduation work permit
Number of People on Application: 2 (My wife and myself)

Nov 25, 2016: Application Received
Feb 23, 2017: Application opened and a number was assigned (AOR)
Mar 31, 2017: Medical Request (but it was done before submitting the application)
Jan 25, 2018: Request Letter to fill a time gap in my Schedule A form, and for a new police certificate for my wife from Lebanon after she came to Canada on a Work permit
Feb 12, 2018: Request Letter for my CV and to fill a supplementary sheet
Feb 13, 2018: Had my application status changed to "Your Action is Required" when i didn't receive any request for additional documents, i called CIC and the agent told me that am not required to do any action at the moment and they will send me a request letter when they need me to do something
Feb 13, 2018: Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services
Feb 25, 2019: Sent a Request for GCMS Notes, and found out that my status was changed to "Your Action is Required" the year before because i had some supporting documents (Schedule A, CV, Police Certificate) that i needed to be updated before Feb 15, 2018 by going to "View submitted application or upload documents" that is written above application status and applicant information sections!! so i updated them even though it says somewhere that they're not mandatory and only optional. Afterwards, my application status changed back to "submitted"
Mar 01, 2019: CIC told me that i passed the backgroung check and then I received a second request for Medical Exam. I did the Exam on Mar 5 and my application status indicated that i passed it on Mar 16

3 months have passed and there's nothing yet :(
maybe ur application processing time got delayed after adding ur wife to your application

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....
Did anyone tried to call cic customer service and got automated message related to the application status?? Since last week I tried to get information on automated status of my application. It says they are unable to find my application it seems. Also the application no starts with two letters and 8digit for Federal but now they are asking for 9digit. Has anyone got this kind a problem?? Didn’t get any representative on line today when I called them. :mad: All maintenance and no work for results :oops:

Positively cynical

Jun 7, 2019
Did anyone tried to call cic customer service and got automated message related to the application status?? Since last week I tried to get information on automated status of my application. It says they are unable to find my application it seems. Also the application no starts with two letters and 8digit for Federal but now they are asking for 9digit. Has anyone got this kind a problem?? Didn’t get any representative on line today when I called them. :mad: All maintenance and no work for results :oops:
Hey Veena, there’s a message on the phone line stating they are having issues with their phone system and it’s impossible for it to find applications at the moment. Try choosing the option to talk to a representative (and be patient they are not very helpful in my experience). All the best

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
They are all above 21 months. My friend did her medicals in February and till now nothing has changed for her. Ronky0525 has the best case of getting PR weeks after his medicals but he applied in 2016 :( . By the trends my best estimate is Medical request before End of this year but for PPR, it is your quote, only God knows.
I agree. However, looking at the past trend, my Gut feeling says CIC can release Medical Requests in July-2019. I don't know why, but that's my inner self telling me. :D:D

essam2000

Sep 18, 2015
Hello Everyone

I've been waiting for my PR for almost 31 months now!! could someone please let me know if they're in the same situation? I've tried every possible solution to know why my application is taking this long but i always get the generic response from CIC with no clear explanation!! Even the MP of my area have been in contact with them for over a year now and they still give her no clear answer... And my GCMS notes give no clue about anything wrong with my application. In March 2019, CIC told me that I passed all the steps of the process even the background check and they asked me to do a second medical exam and i passed that too, and now 3 months later am still waiting for a final decision which is making me very frustrated because my post-graduation work permit expired by the end of May and I applied to renew it 10 days before it expired just to be able to stay in Canada while waiting for DM. So if someone is in a similar situation with a very very long waiting time please let me know so i don't keep having the feeling that something is wrong with my application because i know a lot of people who applied way after me getting their DMs a long time ago!

Here's a little summary about my application and timeline:

Application Type: In-Land (Applied from Canada)
Application Stream: Quebec Skilled Workers
CSQ Stream: PEQ - Quebec Graduate
Nationality: Lebanese
Visa Office: Ottawa, ON
Status When Applied: Post Graduation work permit
Number of People on Application: 2 (My wife and myself)

Nov 25, 2016: Application Received
Feb 23, 2017: Application opened and a number was assigned (AOR)
Mar 31, 2017: Medical Request (but it was done before submitting the application)
Jan 25, 2018: Request Letter to fill a time gap in my Schedule A form, and for a new police certificate for my wife from Lebanon after she came to Canada on a Work permit
Feb 12, 2018: Request Letter for my CV and to fill a supplementary sheet
Feb 13, 2018: Had my application status changed to "Your Action is Required" when i didn't receive any request for additional documents, i called CIC and the agent told me that am not required to do any action at the moment and they will send me a request letter when they need me to do something
Feb 13, 2018: Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services
Feb 25, 2019: Sent a Request for GCMS Notes, and found out that my status was changed to "Your Action is Required" the year before because i had some supporting documents (Schedule A, CV, Police Certificate) that i needed to be updated before Feb 15, 2018 by going to "View submitted application or upload documents" that is written above application status and applicant information sections!! so i updated them even though it says somewhere that they're not mandatory and only optional. Afterwards, my application status changed back to "submitted"
Mar 01, 2019: CIC told me that i passed the backgroung check and then I received a second request for Medical Exam. I did the Exam on Mar 5 and my application status indicated that i passed it on Mar 16

3 months have passed and there's nothing yet :(
-----------
my friend; try to fill the web form : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
good luck

Krups19

Jul 23, 2015
Hi Shannon and everybody,

I applied in september 2017, and still not receive Med Request. I got my GCMS notes this week and nothing started not even eligibility after 20 months.

And my file current location is Inventory-TC, anybody in this case? I'm inland applicant.

Hi,
I am having the same scenario. Limits same time line.
Nov 2017 - received date
Feb 2018-AOR
May-2018 - RPRF
Medical -waiting
Many web form and emails send but stand answers received as applicant is on timeline.
GCMS note says nothing started yet..

Don’t know what to do.. !

Patience17

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Hi,
Nov 2017 - received date
Feb 2018-AOR
May-2018 - RPRF
Medical -waiting
Many web form and emails send but stand answers received as applicant is on timeline.

What the hell! This is crazy guys!

pinkkk_blueee

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Hi,
Nov 2017 - received date
Feb 2018-AOR
May-2018 - RPRF
Medical -waiting

I have pretty much the same timeline, except for the MR.
The security screening is the longest stage, which has not been started for me either. so you are not the only one.

Reactions: Krups19

MH91

Apr 12, 2019
Hi Guys,
Does anyone know how long does the security check take? I contacted cic today, they told me that last week your security check started. thanks for your help!

Reactions: lackofusername00