+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ronky0525

Jan 22, 2019
Hi all,
This is my final post on my timeline of my Application process.

CSQ Received - June 2016
Federal App. Received - Aug 2, 2016
AOR - Nov 28, 2016
Processing of App. - Dec 21, 2016
Background check processing - Aug 25, 2017
Additional Information - 15 Nov, 2018
Update of additional information in my GCKey Account Done - 5 Dec, 2018
Medical and RPRF request, PCC, Schedule A - Feb 15, 2019
Pre-arrival service - Feb 16, 2019
Medical Done - Mar 4, 2019
Medical Passed - Mar 7, 2019
PPR - Apr 17, 2019
Submitted passports thru VAC - Apr 24, 2019.
Visa Issued on - June 6, 2019
Passports received on June 11, 2019

Outland, VO - Accra

To everyone still yet to get their DM and PPR on this forum, I wish each and everyone the very best. It's a long journey for us all that I learnt patience is very key
Cheers to all.

Patience17

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Hi all,

CSQ Received - June 2016
AOR - Nov 28, 2016
PPR - Apr 17, 2019

Outland, VO - Accra

To everyone still yet to get their DM and PPR on this forum, I wish each and everyone the very best. It's a long journey for us all that I learnt patience is very key
Cheers to all.
WOW! This is really a long journey! Congratulation and all the best!

Reactions: ronky0525

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Hi @ShannonT - when can we expect medicals? Looks like many people have got DM post 3rd June
Hi all,

CSQ Received - June 2016
AOR - Nov 28, 2016
PPR - Apr 17, 2019

Outland, VO - Accra

Cheers to all.
Congratulations. Good luck ahead.

Patience17

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Hello,

To all those who have received DM recently, I have a question for those whose medical have already expired and have not been requested to do re-medical.

How long was the landing visa valid for? I understood that it is normally in line with the medical results 1yr validity. However, if the medical has expired and you were not asked to re-do medical, what is the visa validity in that case?

Thank you

adeboyeadejobi

Dec 6, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
15-07-2017
Hello,

To all those who have received DM recently, I have a question for those whose medical have already expired and have not been requested to do re-medical.

How long was the landing visa valid for? I understood that it is normally in line with the medical results 1yr validity. However, if the medical has expired and you were not asked to re-do medical, what is the visa validity in that case?

Thank you
Valid Question.

Nice One Patience.

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Hello,

Thank you
Even I have been looking for an answer to this question! Thanks.

MH91

Apr 12, 2019
Hello Everyone

I've been waiting for my PR for almost 31 months now!! could someone please let me know if they're in the same situation? I've tried every possible solution to know why my application is taking this long but i always get the generic response from CIC with no clear explanation!! Even the MP of my area have been in contact with them for over a year now and they still give her no clear answer... And my GCMS notes give no clue about anything wrong with my application. In March 2019, CIC told me that I passed all the steps of the process even the background check and they asked me to do a second medical exam and i passed that too, and now 3 months later am still waiting for a final decision which is making me very frustrated because my post-graduation work permit expired by the end of May and I applied to renew it 10 days before it expired just to be able to stay in Canada while waiting for DM. So if someone is in a similar situation with a very very long waiting time please let me know so i don't keep having the feeling that something is wrong with my application because i know a lot of people who applied way after me getting their DMs a long time ago!

Here's a little summary about my application and timeline:

Application Type: In-Land (Applied from Canada)
Application Stream: Quebec Skilled Workers
CSQ Stream: PEQ - Quebec Graduate
Nationality: Lebanese
Visa Office: Ottawa, ON
Status When Applied: Post Graduation work permit
Number of People on Application: 2 (My wife and myself)
Same Nationality and applied for me and my wife as well, but my processing time is 20 months till now

Nov 25, 2016: Application Received
Feb 23, 2017: Application opened and a number was assigned (AOR)
Mar 31, 2017: Medical Request (but it was done before submitting the application)
Jan 25, 2018: Request Letter to fill a time gap in my Schedule A form, and for a new police certificate for my wife from Lebanon after she came to Canada on a Work permit
Feb 12, 2018: Request Letter for my CV and to fill a supplementary sheet
Feb 13, 2018: Had my application status changed to "Your Action is Required" when i didn't receive any request for additional documents, i called CIC and the agent told me that am not required to do any action at the moment and they will send me a request letter when they need me to do something
Feb 13, 2018: Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services
Feb 25, 2019: Sent a Request for GCMS Notes, and found out that my status was changed to "Your Action is Required" the year before because i had some supporting documents (Schedule A, CV, Police Certificate) that i needed to be updated before Feb 15, 2018 by going to "View submitted application or upload documents" that is written above application status and applicant information sections!! so i updated them even though it says somewhere that they're not mandatory and only optional. Afterwards, my application status changed back to "submitted"
Mar 01, 2019: CIC told me that i passed the backgroung check and then I received a second request for Medical Exam. I did the Exam on Mar 5 and my application status indicated that i passed it on Mar 16

3 months have passed and there's nothing yet :(

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Thank you
I know for inland's , it is of 1 year validity even though Medical is expired while processing. It should be the same for outland applicants.

ShannonT

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hi @ShannonT - when can we expect medicals? Looks like many people have got DM post 3rd June

Congratulations. Good luck ahead.
They are all above 21 months. My friend did her medicals in February and till now nothing has changed for her. Ronky0525 has the best case of getting PR weeks after his medicals but he applied in 2016 :( . By the trends my best estimate is Medical request before End of this year but for PPR, it is your quote, only God knows.

ShannonT

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hello,

Thank you
Valid Question.

Nice One Patience.
Even I have been looking for an answer to this question! Thanks.
Indeed,it is mandatory to have a valid medical result. I still Remember the rush my aunt had a decade ago when they got their PR 2 months before medicals expiry date. Well , some info in page below , apparently they can extend the validity o_O

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/“ready-for-visa”-received-but-medicals-expired.564215/

Patience17

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Indeed,it is mandatory to have a valid medical result. I still Remember the rush my aunt had a decade ago when they got their PR 2 months before medicals expiry date. Well , some info in page below , apparently they can extend the validity o_O

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/“ready-for-visa”-received-but-medicals-expired.564215/
Thanks alot. Indeed from the thread it looks like they still give you 1year which would be great...atleast not a last minute rush! hope it is still same.
Only those who recently got their visa can confirm same.

Thanks once again.

ravs0727

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hi all,

CSQ Received - June 2016
AOR - Nov 28, 2016
PPR - Apr 17, 2019

Outland, VO - Accra

Cheers to all.
Congratulations. It has been a long wait for you, and time now to celebrate!!!