+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

eirrehcil

May 2, 2019
Hi guys,

How can I know who's my MP and how can I talk to him/her?

It's just my first time knowing that this is a method to know the updates... I appreciate if someone can give me some clues!

Also: still no DM after long weekend. I checked every day:(

ShannonT

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
@ShannonT @QSWINland2017 - I guess the best bet would be either raising a web form and asking them if they need any additional documents, and second which you have already done - reaching out to local MP. I have seen in a few posts where the local MPs were really helpful and fetched some decent updates which actually moved the application to the next stage.
What’s an MP? I think that having lived in west Africa is the cause of the delay... you did issue a police criminality from there too? From what I read, they will look In depth during background checks and if they see something not declared on your application, they might investigate on it .

QSWINland2017

Jan 30, 2019
@ShannonT @QSWINland2017 - I guess the best bet would be either raising a web form and asking them if they need any additional documents, and second which you have already done - reaching out to local MP. I have seen in a few posts where the local MPs were really helpful and fetched some decent updates which actually moved the application to the next stage.
I raised my third web form last week! and from their generic response ( everything is great under the sun ). Still waiting for MP's office, she said it would take on week, but it's already 2 weeks.

QSWINland2017

Jan 30, 2019
What’s an MP? I think that having lived in west Africa is the cause of the delay... you did issue a police criminality from there too? From what I read, they will look In depth during background checks and if they see something not declared on your application, they might investigate on it .
I give them all! home country Police clearance ( no criminal history) same as Canadian GRC and Biometric print ( even if they didn't ask for it )

It's seems that they didn't even start background. GCKeys always show : we are doing your background checks since march 2018 when I logged in. But GCMS notes show nothing start. they did criminality check 2 times (No trace ) both times but still no further move in my file.

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
Surprising!
In my account yesterday it was telling that 4 days remain to get DM, suddenly today it disappeared, and waiting bar is completed despite a few days remain. Does it mean that it is done? should I expect DM soon?

a_pritesh

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
ShannonT said:
[

@mgazi @a_pritesh @EVA RAO @ertarun any idea guys ?

@ShannonT I think above advise is fine.

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
It is not telling anything, they just removed the note 3 days remain and bar is completely blue even for 3 days ahead.

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
Documents' Update November 2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Processing: 14-03-2016 / Pre-Arrival Letter: 27/11/17
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
ما شاء الله لا قوة الا بالله
Hello dear ShannonT,

Am sorry you're still waiting
When they took too much time and crossed the processing time, I have been advised to go legal " writ on mandamus" have considered this?
But still I choose to go with the webform option and just give it the time it needs, it will come on the right time
Praying for you my dear

ShannonT

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hello dear ShannonT,

Am sorry you're still waiting
When they took too much time and crossed the processing time, I have been advised to go legal " writ on mandamus" have considered this?
But still I choose to go with the webform option and just give it the time it needs, it will come on the right time
Praying for you my dear
ShannonT said:
[

@mgazi @a_pritesh @EVA RAO @ertarun any idea guys ?

@ShannonT I think above advise is fine.
Thanks a lot for your help guys!

@QSWINland2017 here are your answers :)

ShannonT

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hello Everyone,

I have found this 3 months old article that came out in cbc news, which kind of make sense, based on my waiting on DM, i will highlight the key points. i am very confused if people are getting DM on time or its longer than usual for everyone!! is there any way to know the Quota for Quebec PR ?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/immigration-quebec-ottawa-1.5035880

Already stuck in a backlog for final federal approval of their residency permits, thousands of aspiring immigrants will have to wait longer as Quebec squeezes its annual intake.

These applicants are separate from the 18,000 people whose applications for a Quebec selection certificate (CSQ) are in limbo as lawyers and politicians spar over an attempt to scrap them.

Quebec tells the federal government how many permanent residency files to approve each year, the final step after a CSQ is granted. The Coalition Avenir Québec government has lowered that quota, meaning many waiting for that final step will wait even longer.

It's a situation that immigration lawyer Guillaume Cliche-Rivard calls "dramatic and devastating."

"These people are selected by Quebec. This means they answer all the qualifications of the Quebec government," said Cliche-Rivard, president of an association of immigration lawyers, known by its French acronym AQAADI. "They were told green light."

"To put those families into that distress, it's inhumane and a lack of compassion," he said. "Some of them are waiting for spouses, separated from their kids."

This group of applicants, numbering 41,200, have received their CSQs.

Since 2015, Quebec's requested intake has been around 25,000, but annual CSQ approvals have consistently outnumbered that quota, drawing out the wait for some.

The CAQ lowered the quota to 19,500 this year, meaning even more of those 41,200 files won't be processed until 2020 at the earliest, and some will wait two years.

On Wednesday, Premier François Legault attributed the issue to the previous Liberal government, saying they had "mismanaged" the demand.

"It doesn't make sense to not be able to give answers in a reasonable time" to applicants, Legault said.

If the province maintains their 19,500 target, a skilled worker candidate who has already obtained a CSQ could therefore wait more than two years to obtain permanent residence.

It's also possible that applicants through Quebec's new system, still being debated in the National Assembly, will have to wait even longer. Ottawa currently deals with the files in the order they arrive, up to the threshold defined by Quebec.

"For the sake of fairness to claimants who are already waiting for their claims to be processed, and because this is a general policy that applies to all aspects of immigration, [the department] usually deals with requests on a first-come, first-served basis," said Peter Liang, a spokesperson for Immigration Canada.

A 2-stage path to residency
After obtaining a Quebec selection certificate (CSQ), a qualified worker must send the document to Ottawa.

Following a criminal record check and medical tests, the federal government grants permanent residence.

However, as per a 1991 agreement, Ottawa must meet the immigration targets set by Quebec.

In 2016, when the Quebec Liberal Party was in power, the Quebec government gave nearly 40,000 CSQs to skilled workers.

The number of skilled-worker applications waiting to be processed in Ottawa that year was around 25,000. In the years since, that number has climbed steadily and stood at 41,200 at the start of 2019.
Oh..my...God...

@ertarun @mgazi @EVA RAO @QSWINland2017 @Patience17 @niko80 and everyone, this explains a lot. I always thought about something like that but never knew it was actually the case. It’s true that they can’t receive 40K immigrants at once and provide jobs, care etc. The reality is that once their quota has been reached, regardless of the application date, we are all set aside to wait for the other intake!? Another Christmas and New Year at work !? :(

Patience17

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
will you share what does it say on top of the bar? mine it says your application is taking longer than usual

Hi 'lackofusername00',

Did you notice something similar as niko80 around the 10th Sept...which was 3days before you reach your 20th month?

Since when did it appear as 'your application is taking longer than usual'? After your 20th month or before?

Thank you.

Patience17

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
unfortunately i have applied through a law firm. i saw my indicative bar and the message status for the first time on the day i hit my 20th month. so i do not have an exact answer for your question. so sorry
Thanks dear.
Do write to CIC via webform - even if you have applied through a law firm. I heard it can be helpful when you've gone beyond 20 months.

ShannonT

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
ShannonT,

everyone you have quoted in the thread including you- are you folks in land or outland applicant ?
i honestly feel so drained so exhausted right now.. and after reading that above article and speaking with a member of this group who have been waiting over 23 month i lost my hope really!!
One inland and the rest Outland . Have faith and don’t lose hope, it’s a long waiting time for most of us but the thing is, you will definitely get your PR, it’s only a matter of time and at worst, you might spend a last Christmas/New year in your actual country before definitely having a frozen one in 2020! The frustration will be over soon buddy, I just hope it will be like a domino effect when one gets a good news. 15months for me so far.