+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

QS2017

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
I paid RPRF by last week using online and send receipt also.
Still, RPRF payment coudn't link in to my file(ecase).

Pls give me to any information regarding RPRF linking with file

Varun.nurav13

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
So i got ppr at 27 feb sent passport 28 received back yesterday i didnt waste anytime i went to lacolle border and take u turn to canada again and went to counter A officer ask for passport copr bank statement and driving licence
Ask 2 question in how many countries i lived before and how long i am in canada.
His name is thomas he is a decent person after that i sat for 15 min he called my name and make me sign and said comgratulaions and my right as pr

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Thanks a lot for your help. Just to clarify one more thing, You mentioned "Your future employer will need to make an official offer on the CIC employer portal and pay a fee of 230$. ", so the process is the future employer to do it on CIC which i think in my case the company doesn't want to go through that. Would it be possible to apply online by myself through the new employer work permit stream (closed work permit) OR it has been applied by the employer on CIC?
You do have to apply for the new employer work permit renewal stream, but unfortunately you absolutely need the employer to go through the employer portal and get you a job offer number...

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Hi Mriekje,
I am in the same situation I have closed workpermit till 2019 and will be no longer working for the company. In this case what are the consequences with applying new closed workpermit at candian boarder (Flagpole).

Online workpermit process will take 2-3 months, but employer will not ready to wait for this duration. Will I be able to do flagpole at boarder.
Like I said, i'm not sure about the flagpoling in this situation. Apparently it depends on the mood of the officer you're dealing with and I did not want to take the chance. If you show up at the border and they say you're not able to apply for renewal at the border, you will have to re-enter on your current permit, but because you don't hold the job anymore they may not let you. In which case you may be able to get in as a tourist (depending on your country of origin), but you won't have a work permit anymore so you won't be able to reapply with LMIA exemption..

I checked the current processing time, if you apply online it's only 32 days. That's too long?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

phoenix111

Nov 7, 2017
Nopes, no card yet.
Also, I had to call RAMQ because it's been almost a month since I went there, and usually they are fast. It even says on their webpage that if you didn't receive your card in 10 days, call. So I called and the agent just laughed at me saying they didn't even start processing the file and I need to be patient and wait. I was like.... Lady... That's all I do here, being patient and waiting for EVERYTHING! :D
THat's not nice :(( I'm sorry you had to wait longer! I got mine within 10 days. Did you end up getting it? I saw that PR card processing time got reduced yay

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
THat's not nice :(( I'm sorry you had to wait longer! I got mine within 10 days. Did you end up getting it? I saw that PR card processing time got reduced yay
My RAMQ card took exactly one month and a phone call...
But guys, my PR card has been approved! It is 40 days since I landed and the application was started, and they approved it yesterday.

phoenix111

Nov 7, 2017
But guys, my PR card has been approved! It is 40 days since I landed and the application was started, and they approved it yesterday.
Very nice!! Congratulations!!! :DDD Next step: citizenship!

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
You do have to apply for the new employer work permit renewal stream, but unfortunately you absolutely need the employer to go through the employer portal and get you a job offer number...
Yep, Quebec is a piece of work for not allowing their CSQ holders applying for PR to get the bridging open work permit. It is total stupidity! Whose benefit is it, that you may end up with applicants being unemployed while waiting for PR? Ridiculous.

Also I think it is ridiculous from employers to say they don't want to do the LMIA exempt work offer process with CIC. It is fast and 230$ is really not that much. As an employee, I would even be willing to give that money back to my employer if that's what's keeping them from helping you to renew the work permit.

Varun.nurav13

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Yep, Quebec is a piece of work for not allowing their CSQ holders applying for PR to get the bridging open work permit. It is total stupidity! Whose benefit is it, that you may end up with applicants being unemployed while waiting for PR? Ridiculous.

Also I think it is ridiculous from employers to say they don't want to do the LMIA exempt work offer process with CIC. It is fast and 230$ is really not that much. As an employee, I would even be willing to give that money back to my employer if that's what's keeping them from helping you to renew the work permit.
I totally agree with you hence i am done with my PR but still this things has to be bought up on table to midi so they may be do something so people will be able to get BWP

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017

This. It makes no sense whatsoever. If I would have been able to get a BWP I'd have been able to get a better job than I ended up getting because I'd have been able to apply before doing my interviews and start right away (which is what they needed). Well at least I found someone who was willing to wait, but it is really insane.

And for the employers.... 230$, what is that to them....... I'd also offer to reimburse it if getting a job were to depend on that.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Congrats Betula and MTL2MTL , lets start a new conversation thread for citizenship ;-) i mean seriously i think most of the folks will reconvene in year or so for citizenship (i guess :D)

Sherms

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Congrats Betula and MTL2MTL , lets start a new conversation thread for citizenship ;-) i mean seriously i think most of the folks will reconvene in year or so for citizenship (i guess :D)
Just wanted to ask those of you who are there now...is it worth it? I mean all these 4 almost 5 years of waiting and still waiting here....is Quebec worth it. I mean is the life there worth the wait? cause when I see the processing times increasing every time now I need something to make me think all this is worth the wait.