+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
Congratulations all! Season’s Greetings and may the force be with us all!

DesertBoi27

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
Nomination.....
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
I sent my passport to Ottawa a week ago and I will be moving to a new address this week in from Montreal. Shall I inform them of my new address?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Did "Soft landing" at Lacolle yesterday and returned back to USA after spending an hour on Canadian soil.

Landing experience was unusual and took long time then I had expected. Agents were concerned about me not giving them Canadian address for PR card mailing and not providing them GTA/GTF list during first landing.

CBSA agents huddled twice to discuss my case. I had to show them description of IMM 5456B form ( Address Notification - Permanent Resident card) on canada.ca website and email from CBSA mentioning that I am not required to submit GTA/GTF until I am moving to Canada as "settler".

CBSA agents found my request of not submitted GTA/GTF during first landing unusual and several discussions ( all in French) took place between CBSA agents on this.

My proof of funds were checked. I also received a lecture from 2nd CBSA agent on my PR obligations. At one point one of the CBSA agent was trying to convince me that USA has much better weather and I should not move to Canada.

In the end I was congratulated on becoming PR, was asked to sign COPR and then advised on how I can return back to USA.

We left plattsburgh hotel at 6:21 PM and were back in hotel by 8:13 PM.

MTL2MTL

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did "Soft landing" at Lacolle yesterday and returned back to USA after spending an hour on Canadian soil.

Landing experience was unusual and took long time then I had expected. Agents were concerned about me not giving them Canadian address for PR card mailing and not providing them GTA/GTF list during first landing.

CBSA agents huddled twice to discuss my case. I had to show them description of IMM 5456B form ( Address Notification - Permanent Resident card) on canada.ca website and email from CBSA mentioning that I am not required to submit GTA/GTF until I am moving to Canada as "settler".

CBSA agents found my request of not submitted GTA/GTF during first landing unusual and several discussions ( all in French) took place between CBSA agents on this.

My proof of funds were checked. I also received a lecture from 2nd CBSA agent on my PR obligations. At one point one of the CBSA agent was trying to convince me that USA has much better weather and I should not move to Canada.

In the end I was congratulated on becoming PR, was asked to sign COPR and then advised on how I can return back to USA.

First congratulations for your landing ! , you're finally PR , happy for your.

BUT WOW ! Even for this last step nothing is granted !!!

Seriously , even if ...even for me ...it may seem strange that someone "living" in the US, wants to come to live in canada...but...i wouldn't think they would show hesitation on your landing after this long long process !

PS : what is GTA / GTF ?

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
First congratulations for your landing ! , you're finally PR , happy for your.

BUT WOW ! Even for this last step nothing is granted !!!

Seriously , even if ...even for me ...it may seem strange that someone "living" in the US, wants to come to live in canada...but...i wouldn't think they would show hesitation on your landing after this long long process !

PS : what is GTA / GTF ?
I don't blame CBSA folks. My requests were rather unusual.

GTA = Goods to Accompany
GTF = Goods to follow

GTA and GTF are filled by outland applicants so that they can bring in their items ( personal, household, jewelry, Vehicle etc.) duty free. Inland can also submit these forms if they want to bring in something from outside Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTL2MTL

MTL2MTL

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't blame CBSA folks. My requests were rather unusual.

GTA = Goods to Accompany
GTF = Goods to follow

GTA and GTF are filled by outland applicants so that they can being in their items ( personal, household, jewelry, Vehicle etc.) duty free. Inland can also submit these forms if they want to bring in something from outside Canada.
ok , thanks for the info.

Now at least, enjoy some peace of mind.

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012

Congratulations a lot buddy..
i think each and everyone may have the different experience in Landing, Applying for Sin, Applying for the Driving License, Applying for the Medical Cards, Admitting the Children for education etc.

But the Good thing is that you are the Permanent Resident now:)
Wish you all the luck for the future. Have the Brightest Future Ahead bro:):).

michael_vu

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Inland
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
25-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-04-2017

Congratulations! Can you tell me that you got your PR card at the border after signing COPR or simple ask them to send the PR card to your address when it is available?

Aidda

Nov 21, 2017

Congrats again. How long did it take to send your passport and receive it back?
We want to send the passports today

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Congratulations! Can you tell me that you got your PR card at the border after signing COPR or simple ask them to send the PR card to your address when it is available?
PR card processing takes around 45 days after landing. It's almost always mailed to address provided at the time of landing. In few rare cases, CIC asks to pick PR cards from a physical address.

Reactions: michael_vu