+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

amit.r

Feb 23, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-07-2016
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
Med's Request
11-12-2016
Med's Done....
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
14-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
08-26-2017..
gaye_ga said:
Many thanks. They stated to use only one method, hence, we are choosing via email. Many thanks again. God bless.
What is your timeline?

Josh99

Oct 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2016
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
chiragdedania said:
Hi Friends,

Anyone who have received AOR in feb 2017, and received medical request ?
Or
Anyone have idea when we can expect the medical request ?

Thanks
hi, me too waiting for MR buddy.

gaye_ga

Nov 9, 2014
Bajan4Quebec said:
Hi

Medical Request can come approximately 4 - 6 months following AoR, some cases can be longer.

Acceptable proof of funds is:

Bank accounts in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;

Cash-able investments in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;
Cash-able fixed deposits in your name of the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner.

Please Note following type of bank accounts are not acceptable.

1.Bank accounts in someone else’s name;

Bank accounts which are joint in your name and someone else (other than your accompanying spouse/common-law partner);
Bank accounts in the name of your spouse who is not accompanying you to Canada ;
Property valuations;
Vehicle valuations;
Jewellery valuations.
In short anything that cannot be easily transferred (liquidated) cannot be used as proof of funds.

What do I need to bring to Canada with me?

You are not required to carry all your funds in cash when you arrive in Canada. You are, however, required to show documentary evidence that you have the funds available (in bank accounts or cash-able investments), and that they can be transferred to Canada.

A port of entry officer in Canada may seek to confirm these funds before granting you permanent residence along with your dependents.

Please Note: Canadian customs regulations require you to declare if you are bringing more than C$10,000 into Canada. If you do not declare, you can be fined, imprisoned or money seized.

Can I borrow the money from someone?

Please note that borrowing money for proof of funds and pretending those funds are yours, when they are not, is misrepresentation because:

– You will be defrauding the Canadian government

– You will be cheating the system which is unfair on other honest applicants – It is also unfair on the Canadian welfare system when you arrive in Canada with borrowed money which is not yours

– It is unfair on yourselves to put further strain on what will already be a financial struggle.

CIC explicitly say

“You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependents after you arrive in Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person”

Do I need to show 6 months balance?

CIC does not necessarily require you to show a six months balance. You only need to show the current available balance in your account (e.g. using a bank statement or a bank certificate)
Hi Bajan4Quebec,

We do have the funds, its just that we don't have any idea on how to transfer it when we get there. Hence, we are thinking to bring it in via cash. It's that possible? Thanks.

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
gaye_ga said:
Hi Bajan4Quebec,

We do have the funds, its just that we don't have any idea on how to transfer it when we get there. Hence, we are thinking to bring it in via cash. It's that possible? Thanks.
Yes, but any amount over 10,000$ CDN must be declared to the officer that you are carrying more than $10k. You can have a mixture of cash and managers cheques and deposit in an account that you will open over there. The cheques may take a few days to clear but the money will be available to you, so budget wisely.

Also you can show that you have the required funds by showing a bank statement of approx 6 months in the principal applicant name and once you open an account in Canada you can organisé to have your money transferred from your home country to Canada. It will be wise to let your current bank know of your intentions to migrate to Canada, because most banks do not like to do business over the phone. So if you let your bank know via a letter now of your intentions and have it on file and have them know you will set up an account soon in Canada and will provide them with the wire information, this is also another method. (Always have a copy for yourself).

For me the moment, I got my CSQ I travelled to Canada and opened an account with Scotia and TD and started to transfer my money - so some of my money is already there and I'll be carrying more with me soon.

Hope this helps

cmack

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2016
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
04-11-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2017
LANDED..........
July-2017
gaye_ga said:
Hi Bajan4Quebec,

You do have an option. I am going through Scotiabank startright program which allows you to open an account and transfer up to 50000 CAD. Scotiabank will also provide you with a statement that is an acceptable proof of fund when doing the landing.

You can open that account online from outside Canada.

shahos

Mar 7, 2017
T-hEMK said:
Hi. Please be carefull and call the Ottawa call center before sending your passport! I am in a similar situation, I have not get the PPR yet but I called them bcuz I am planning to travel for a long time. They informed me that even if they receive your passport they will not send it back ( this service is actually just for inside Canada). so call them and ask for the procedure, for the country where I will be, the agent told me that I will have to go to Canada Consulate.. I hope this is helpfull.
thanks

gaye_ga

Nov 9, 2014
Bajan4Quebec said:
Yes, but any amount over 10,000$ CDN must be declared to the officer that you are carrying more than $10k. You can have a mixture of cash and managers cheques and deposit in an account that you will open over there. The cheques may take a few days to clear but the money will be available to you, so budget wisely.

Also you can show that you have the required funds by showing a bank statement of approx 6 months in the principal applicant name and once you open an account in Canada you can organisé to have your money transferred from your home country to Canada. It will be wise to let your current bank know of your intentions to migrate to Canada, because most banks do not like to do business over the phone. So if you let your bank know via a letter now of your intentions and have it on file and have them know you will set up an account soon in Canada and will provide them with the wire information, this is also another method. (Always have a copy for yourself).

For me the moment, I got my CSQ I travelled to Canada and opened an account with Scotia and TD and started to transfer my money - so some of my money is already there and I'll be carrying more with me soon.

Hope this helps
Many thanks! God bless.

es

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Roma
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
september 2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 20.01.2016
AOR Received.
25.01.2012 federal AOR 25.04.2016
IELTS Request
IELTS Tef-aq sent B2
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
When God has decided!
Bajan4Quebec said:
Hey es

I cannot imagine how it would feel to apply and see others that came after you get through before you. If I can offer any hope, our applications are done on a case by case basis and it depends on the person reviewing your file and they may be taking longer with yours because of the amount of applications before them, or they may have instructions to hold on certain applications, or your application maybe a little complex with different addresses or gaps in your activity history - whatever reason. I do not suspect that anything is wrong with your file or they would've told you before they even asked for medical, they're just saving the best one for last :). However, the fact remains that it's 13 months if it were me I would do the following:

1) apply for new PCC just in case it's requested again
2) gather the information that is asked for in the PP request, these are:
a) New passport photos with a white background and follow the size specifications (don't have it with me now but you can easily download)
To the back of one photo, you should place your name, your date of birth the place where it was taken and the date it was taken.
b) download schedule A and start to fill it out and update it to when you were 18 years old
C) download the additional family form and update it if necessary
D) create a draft cover letter for your PP submission
E) if your passport/s is soon to expire you can apply to have it/them renewed
F) if you're from a visa exempt country you can make a copy/ies of the Bio data page/s for you and each person accompanying you
G) make a copy of your RPRF receipts
H) when they send the request they will send a letter with a form to be filled out, its easy so don't worry about this now
F) they will ask you to send a legal size envelope with your submission in a return airway bill, but also don't worry about this now, it's easy....your courrier will know exactly what to do.

The reason I'm suggesting you gather these items is in the event they request your passport today you can go to submit tomorrow.

Secondly, I would send 2 emails, one email to the visa office where your file current is held (Rome) and another to the general enquiry (CIC website)....outline all you just mentioned and be factual, when you applied, medical request dates and submissions, and that their website says that applications are completed in 13 months and yours is at this point and PCC's will expire etc. In the body of your email, for them to reply, will still take a while but they will give more detail, you must write you full name (principal applicant), application # or UCI # and Date of Birth.

Thirdly, if you have a number for the Rome office or if you live close to the High Commission, Call them or even go to the high commission office. Generally, if you go you will only be allowed to speak with security, but leave a message at the front desk and it will be sent up.

I hope these suggestions help

Best of luck es.

thanks for your reply

Ballreddy

Mar 20, 2017
Hi funjabigabruji ,

Hope you are doing great !

Can you please tell me about the feedback for the interview which your acquaintance has attended to Quebec Immigration even after getting the PR,

under PEQ program.

Thanks.

Ballreddy

Mar 20, 2017
Quote from: funjabigabruji on March 21, 2017, 03:21:34 pm
Regarding getting calls after obtaining CSQ

One of my acquaintance has got an interview request from Quebec Immi and strange thing is he has already got his PR in January 2017. Interview was in march and the told him that they will update him. He Did french from a local Montreal college and applied under PEQ.

You mean 2017 March and 2017 January. If yes when did he apply for the PR.

Thanks

Ballreddy said:
Hi funjabigabruji ,

Hope you are doing great !

Can you please tell me about the feedback for the interview which your acquaintance has attended to Quebec Immigration even after getting the PR,

under PEQ program.

Thanks.

JL-HN

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
MONTREAL
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Ballreddy said:
Quote from: funjabigabruji on March 21, 2017, 03:21:34 pm

Regarding getting Interview Req after obtaining CSQ

One of my acquaintances has got an interview request from Quebec Immigration, and the strange thing is he had already got his PR in January 2017.
Interview was appointed in March, and they told him that they will update him. Note: He Did french from a local Montreal college and applied under PEQ.

You mean 2017 March and 2017 January. If yes when did he apply for the PR.

Thanks
Wow, this sounds really insane and waste too many resources to do the meaningless work......

itsjap89

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2017
Med's Request
waiting..
JL-HN said:
Wow, this sounds really insane and waste too many resources to do the meaningless work......
It's because lot of people applied for PEQ after getting some french course certificate (you could say fake) without learning french. So now MIDI found out about this and calling the applicants for interview.

JL-HN

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
MONTREAL
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
itsjap89 said:
It's because lot of people applied for PEQ after getting some french course certificate (you could say fake) without learning french. So now MIDI found out about this and calling the applicants for interview.
But who should really be responsible for this?? Whose fault it is??