+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
flyer110 said:
I have received the passport today, now they are very fast on the last step. I send it on April 5th, and found they send back on 7th.
Congrats

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
raja06042016 said:
Mine is in transit bro...check urs ?
Congrats, you're done

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
Bajan4Quebec said:
Hi

Those notes are not always accurate, however, it gives you an idea what stage your file is at. I will share with you what mine say: in process, BGC in process....eligibility in process...and I already received my PPR when I received my Medical Request the same time. Some others had the medical request and had to wait 2 months for the PPR, after that there is a finalization process done on a case by case basis, some may get through quickly because their file maybe more straight forward...but generally the AVERAGE wait is 3 - 5 weeks. Don't frustrate yourself thinking it will come next week and what if it doesn't? Then you'll be frustrated and become worried. Give yourself the longest timeframe which is 5/6 weeks and if it comes before then you will be happier regardless. Instead use this time to be excited to do your pre-arrival plan because this is a serious step in our lives it's not a vacation this is the rest of your life. You're at the end of the tunnel by a few weeks and I know how it feels, trust me, that after such a long journey there is hope and you can't wait you are anxious and you just want to go now, this minutes :):) - me too - in fact all of us here - but my family there put me in check with reality this weekend when they told me that the rules changed again and many that applied had been impacted and had I applied in 2017, I/we may not have a chance because the rules favor pure French persons. They reminded me that I succeeded and the end is near with great news. So I will pass this on to you, relax my friend, one thing is for sure, you're moving to Canada....but have a plan to hit Montreal's runway at the airport and use that wind beneath your wings to continue to soar. Again, Congrats!!!
Very rightly said dear Bajan4Quebec

You are always very positive and inspiring :)

gaye_ga

Nov 9, 2014
Dear all,

Received request letter for us to update and send PCC and ask us to pay RPRF. I would like to us what is the best way to send these requested documents? Via email or CIC account? Kindly advise. Thanks!

cmack

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2016
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
04-11-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2017
LANDED..........
July-2017
gaye_ga said:
Dear all,

Received request letter for us to update and send PCC and ask us to pay RPRF. I would like to us what is the best way to send these requested documents? Via email or CIC account? Kindly advise. Thanks!
The best way is usually how CIC requested it. Did they give you those two options? If they did, I would go for email.

gaye_ga

Nov 9, 2014
cmack said:
The best way is usually how CIC requested it. Did they give you those two options? If they did, I would go for email.
Hi cmack,

Thanks for the reply. Yes they gave us options on how to send the documents. But what is the subject if I opted via email? thanks

es

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Roma
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
september 2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 20.01.2016
AOR Received.
25.01.2012 federal AOR 25.04.2016
IELTS Request
IELTS Tef-aq sent B2
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
When God has decided!
Bajan4Quebec said:
Hi

Those notes are not always accurate, however, it gives you an idea what stage your file is at. I will share with you what mine say: in process, BGC in process....eligibility in process...and I already received my PPR when I received my Medical Request the same time. Some others had the medical request and had to wait 2 months for the PPR, after that there is a finalization process done on a case by case basis, some may get through quickly because their file maybe more straight forward...but generally the AVERAGE wait is 3 - 5 weeks. Don't frustrate yourself thinking it will come next week and what if it doesn't? Then you'll be frustrated and become worried. Give yourself the longest timeframe which is 5/6 weeks and if it comes before then you will be happier regardless. Instead use this time to be excited to do your pre-arrival plan because this is a serious step in our lives it's not a vacation this is the rest of your life. You're at the end of the tunnel by a few weeks and I know how it feels, trust me, that after such a long journey there is hope and you can't wait you are anxious and you just want to go now, this minutes :):) - me too - in fact all of us here - but my family there put me in check with reality this weekend when they told me that the rules changed again and many that applied had been impacted and had I applied in 2017, I/we may not have a chance because the rules favor pure French persons. They reminded me that I succeeded and the end is near with great news. So I will pass this on to you, relax my friend, one thing is for sure, you're moving to Canada....but have a plan to hit Montreal's runway at the airport and use that wind beneath your wings to continue to soar. Again, Congrats!!!
Hi Bajan4Quebec

My application was received on 16 march 2016.
Request for medicals and payment RPRF on 27.07.2016. I have done and passed my medicals on 5 august 2016.

During the month of march 2017 my GCKey was changed as below.
my Background check was "IN PROGRESS" before 6 march. After 6 march with new format was "we are PROCESSING your bc". Now since 29 march my bc is "NOT APPLICABLE"

but since 1 march my police certificate has expired because I am in 13th month of federal stage

My VO is Rome and this office has finished and approved applications which are sent after my application during may -june 2016.
I don't understand what problem has with my application :'(

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
es said:
Hi Bajan4Quebec

My application was received on 16 march 2016.
Request for medicals and payment RPRF on 27.07.2016. I have done and passed my medicals on 5 august 2016.

During the month of march 2017 my GCKey was changed as below.
my Background check was "IN PROGRESS" before 6 march. After 6 march with new format was "we are PROCESSING your bc". Now since 29 march my bc is "NOT APPLICABLE"

but since 1 march my police certificate has expired because I am in 13th month of federal stage

My VO is Rome and this office has finished and approved applications which are sent after my application during may -june 2016.
I don't understand what problem has with my application :'(
Hey es

I cannot imagine how it would feel to apply and see others that came after you get through before you. If I can offer any hope, our applications are done on a case by case basis and it depends on the person reviewing your file and they may be taking longer with yours because of the amount of applications before them, or they may have instructions to hold on certain applications, or your application maybe a little complex with different addresses or gaps in your activity history - whatever reason. I do not suspect that anything is wrong with your file or they would've told you before they even asked for medical, they're just saving the best one for last :). However, the fact remains that it's 13 months if it were me I would do the following:

1) apply for new PCC just in case it's requested again
2) gather the information that is asked for in the PP request, these are:
a) New passport photos with a white background and follow the size specifications (don't have it with me now but you can easily download)
To the back of one photo, you should place your name, your date of birth the place where it was taken and the date it was taken.
b) download schedule A and start to fill it out and update it to when you were 18 years old
C) download the additional family form and update it if necessary
D) create a draft cover letter for your PP submission
E) if your passport/s is soon to expire you can apply to have it/them renewed
F) if you're from a visa exempt country you can make a copy/ies of the Bio data page/s for you and each person accompanying you
G) make a copy of your RPRF receipts
H) when they send the request they will send a letter with a form to be filled out, its easy so don't worry about this now
F) they will ask you to send a legal size envelope with your submission in a return airway bill, but also don't worry about this now, it's easy....your courrier will know exactly what to do.

The reason I'm suggesting you gather these items is in the event they request your passport today you can go to submit tomorrow.

Secondly, I would send 2 emails, one email to the visa office where your file current is held (Rome) and another to the general enquiry (CIC website)....outline all you just mentioned and be factual, when you applied, medical request dates and submissions, and that their website says that applications are completed in 13 months and yours is at this point and PCC's will expire etc. In the body of your email, for them to reply, will still take a while but they will give more detail, you must write you full name (principal applicant), application # or UCI # and Date of Birth.

Thirdly, if you have a number for the Rome office or if you live close to the High Commission, Call them or even go to the high commission office. Generally, if you go you will only be allowed to speak with security, but leave a message at the front desk and it will be sent up.

I hope these suggestions help

Best of luck es.

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
tathspts said:
Mine is in transit as well.

That's what I meant, they are very fast lately, at-least with sending passport back.
Congrats, best of luck.

Its not moving fast because I sent mine since, March 22nd and haven't been given my COPR and I'm from a visa exempt country, but it's God's Will, His timing is perfect. This is what I was telling you, some will move faster than some because it's case but case, but I know that I'm very prepared :)

tathspts

Star Member
Jun 26, 2016
Bajan4Quebec said:
Congrats, best of luck.

Its not moving fast because I sent mine since, March 22nd and haven't been given my COPR and I'm from a visa exempt country, but it's God's Will, His timing is perfect. This is what I was telling you, some will move faster than some because it's case but case, but I know that I'm very prepared :)
Thanks man, I think they are fast for Inland applicants, since they have some logistics companies managing their packages. They ask us not to use any courier other than Canada Post which I believe helps with the processing as well since all packages come and go from same postal service.

Not really sure how it works with outland applicants, but I believe outland applicants use different courier services depending on country which might delay things a bit for them.