+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

es

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Roma
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
september 2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 20.01.2016
AOR Received.
25.01.2012 federal AOR 25.04.2016
IELTS Request
IELTS Tef-aq sent B2
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
When God has decided!
shahos said:
App: 13/05/2016
AOR: 29/08/2016
Med: 27/09/2016
DM: 04/04/2017
PPR: 06/04/2017
Visa Office: Ottawa.
congrats shahos !
can you share with us the details of your application GCkey

Chemi

Apr 10, 2017
Hi guys,

Anyone's file opened at Nairobi/Dares salaam VO ...I got my AOR on 28/2/17...So want to know how fast is Nairobi VO , Kenya.

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
Nikusa said:
Hello Bajan4Quebec and Cmack and everyone on this forum! :)

I landed in Montreal finally and it was a smooth transition through the airport!

I must say that the airport arrivals looks much much bigger than when I was last here in arrivals many years ago but what a tremendous feeling to be back again...in my opinion the best city in the world!
And when I say best I mean best compared to many cities I have lived in both the USA (biggest 5 cities in the US) and around the world! :)

Ok..so here is my small contribution for those of you who may be interested in the landing experience! I have written this in a point by point format:

(1) Please be prepared!...It is always important to be prepared and careful while collecting all documents for your landing. By "documents"...I don't mean just the core docs for landing.....but every other possible document that would be classified as supporting just incase it is asked for (this is where the effort comes in!)

(2) The core documents that are absolutely essential are
(a) COPR
(b) Passport (should not be about to expire!!) with stamped immigrant visa
(c) Original CSQ
(d) Proof of Funds (certified original bank letter and/or certified bank statements up to 6 months prior to your departure date)
(e) 2-copy list of all items you are bringing

(3) Bring a smile with you also....:)

OK...now for my experience

============================

When I landed I had to walk quite a bit towards immigration arrivals section. Its a massive hall but when I arrived it was relatively empty as I was landing during late morning!

The officials will guide you to immigration so follow their directions and have your docs ready to show to anyone and at anytime along the way.

Very important to fill in the declaration form which will be provided to you while you are in your flight enroute to Montreal. IF you have doubts about how to fill, you can either ask
the flight attendant or wait until you reach immigration and you can ask specific questions about the form and then fill it in once your understanding is clear. This is very important because if you
do not understand what you are filling in or signing off on, then you will be held liable and responsible once you submit the form!

Once at immigration I told them I was landing and they guided me to a place where an immigration officer called me in to check my docs. He was friendly and very cordial.

After reviewing my COPR and signing it he then went ahead to tell me I was officially a permanent resident and stated my rights and responsibilities. I was impressed that he did this with a smile and also spoke to me very cordially so my thumbs up to the interaction...very professional and cordial!

He said that the COPR is very important and must be kept for life! Also the 2-copy list of items must be kept for life for future reference.

I then asked about PR card application and SIN application and he said that you just need to go to a website (they provide a papered link they give you to submit new address to) and then he said there was
nothing else to do besides collecting your bags and leaving (I had only 2 checked in bags and that's it...nothing to follow!)

So this was a surprise...I was expecting to fill out a PR card application and work on a SIN application immediately after immigration formalities at the airport but this was not the case!

Within minutes I was out of the airport!

Went to my new residence and immediately filled out and submitted the PR card application!
=======================================

While the process through the airport was short (less than half an hour), I should say that this does not apply to everyone. You need to be prepared and I spent 4 months preparing for this one event (after getting back my passport at end of PPR stage) compiling and validating each and every document requested for landing + all and any additional supporting docs that may be requested (everything from birth certificates to education transcripts and original degrees to immunization docs...the whole works!) and making sure it was certified.

Also, your 2-copy list of items must be as detailed as possible which includes every item you are carrying. If possible, certify it with your signature and date it.

Hope this helps! :)
Hey Nikusa

Congratulations, congratulations and congratulations. And indeed thank you for posting your landing experience it gave me chills while reading because I could also envision myself having this experience on June 17 (my birthday). I have also been preparing for some time now and even completing some of the webinars online to know exactly what to expect. I am awaiting my COPR, my VO said it should be ready on the 21st, so im taking it all in - the end is near after first sending my application in 2011. Good luck if you're staying in Montreal, I want to go to Gatineau, Qc....but we in this forum, if only once, should meet up for we all have something in common - this experience. Again congratulations.

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
Nikusa said:
Hello Bajan4Quebec,

Thanks for the info! I already landed and it went smooth!...Only surprise was I was told to apply for PR card by going to a website and did not actually do either the PR card application or the SIN application
at the airport!

Hope your application goes well like mine did....although mine took 5-6 years in total...I am thankful the journey ended well! :)

Very happy to be back in the city after a long time and a lot of great memories are settling back in me! :)
From my research it has at least 2 ways to obtain your PRCard, if you have a known address at the airport you can give them and apply to have them sent it. Secondly at a later date once settled by email to an address you will be staying at long term. Or by visiting services Canada located everywhere and apply in person (same for SIN, you get it in 5 mins).

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
tathspts said:
Anyone who got their PPR recently, have their return tracker activated yet?
Got PPR in March and submitted on March 22, it should take about a month to complete the entire process. Your focus should now be on landing, complete the webinars etc to know exactly what to expect.

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
tathspts said:
We have been seeing inland applicants getting their passport back within a week, pretty much same timeline as raja mentioned.
While you have seen this, it is not the norm...finalisation is done in a case by case basis....the true average is 24 days to a month (some 5 weeks)

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
tathspts said:
Hey guys I wanted to ask, if it is possible to do landing after hours or during the weekend? I am asking because I work during the week.

Thanks
Are you planning to land and return to your country or something?

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
shahos said:
Dear All,
I just got the PPR on 06/04/2017. It says that I need to submit my passport and family members to their Ottawa office. But I'm in Bangladesh now.
I sent them an email requesting instructions for submitting my passport to Singapore Visa office through VFS. but they didn't reply yet.
What should I do now... ???
You should follow the instruction given, submit the PP to Ottawa. You should send it to Ottawa using a courrier. When sending you should also include a return envelope of legal size AND and have the return address for where you will be available to collect. To put it simply, send the PPs to Ottawa and have the return address as Bangladesh (so long as this is an address you have listed throughout your application).

ramakhadka

Mar 4, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
05-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
Hello everyone
I have received my Aor but my email address is wrong . so I have send IRCC web form to correct my email on 30th march in firm they have mention that they will change within 5 working days its been 7 days but still they haven't changed it when I called them some time they say it need 10 working day some time 20 working days I'm tired calling cic

tathspts

Star Member
Jun 26, 2016
Bajan4Quebec said:
While you have seen this, it is not the norm...finalisation is done in a case by case basis....the true average is 24 days to a month (some 5 weeks)
But how long does it take them to send the passport back in case GCkey is showing application status as approved? Does it still take them 5 weeks for them to send it back?

My passport was delivered on 6th April and Application was approved on 7th April. Few other people who have exact same timeline got their tracker updated on 7th April itself.

I know its still too early, and I know I am just getting paranoid about this situation. So pardon me for that.

T-hEMK

Apr 3, 2017
Hi. Please be carefull and call the Ottawa call center before sending your passport! I am in a similar situation, I have not get the PPR yet but I called them bcuz I am planning to travel for a long time. They informed me that even if they receive your passport they will not send it back ( this service is actually just for inside Canada). so call them and ask for the procedure, for the country where I will be, the agent told me that I will have to go to Canada Consulate.. I hope this is helpfull.

Bajan4Quebec said:
You should follow the instruction given, submit the PP to Ottawa. You should send it to Ottawa using a courrier. When sending you should also include a return envelope of legal size AND and have the return address for where you will be available to collect. To put it simply, send the PPs to Ottawa and have the return address as Bangladesh (so long as this is an address you have listed throughout your application).

amit.r

Feb 23, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-07-2016
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
Med's Request
11-12-2016
Med's Done....
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
14-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
08-26-2017..
Nikusa said:
Hello Bajan4Quebec and Cmack and everyone on this forum! :)

I landed in Montreal finally and it was a smooth transition through the airport!

I must say that the airport arrivals looks much much bigger than when I was last here in arrivals many years ago but what a tremendous feeling to be back again...in my opinion the best city in the world!
And when I say best I mean best compared to many cities I have lived in both the USA (biggest 5 cities in the US) and around the world! :)

Ok..so here is my small contribution for those of you who may be interested in the landing experience! I have written this in a point by point format:

(1) Please be prepared!...It is always important to be prepared and careful while collecting all documents for your landing. By "documents"...I don't mean just the core docs for landing.....but every other possible document that would be classified as supporting just incase it is asked for (this is where the effort comes in!)

(2) The core documents that are absolutely essential are
(a) COPR
(b) Passport (should not be about to expire!!) with stamped immigrant visa
(c) Original CSQ
(d) Proof of Funds (certified original bank letter and/or certified bank statements up to 6 months prior to your departure date)
(e) 2-copy list of all items you are bringing

(3) Bring a smile with you also....:)

OK...now for my experience

============================

When I landed I had to walk quite a bit towards immigration arrivals section. Its a massive hall but when I arrived it was relatively empty as I was landing during late morning!

The officials will guide you to immigration so follow their directions and have your docs ready to show to anyone and at anytime along the way.

Very important to fill in the declaration form which will be provided to you while you are in your flight enroute to Montreal. IF you have doubts about how to fill, you can either ask
the flight attendant or wait until you reach immigration and you can ask specific questions about the form and then fill it in once your understanding is clear. This is very important because if you
do not understand what you are filling in or signing off on, then you will be held liable and responsible once you submit the form!

Once at immigration I told them I was landing and they guided me to a place where an immigration officer called me in to check my docs. He was friendly and very cordial.

After reviewing my COPR and signing it he then went ahead to tell me I was officially a permanent resident and stated my rights and responsibilities. I was impressed that he did this with a smile and also spoke to me very cordially so my thumbs up to the interaction...very professional and cordial!

He said that the COPR is very important and must be kept for life! Also the 2-copy list of items must be kept for life for future reference.

I then asked about PR card application and SIN application and he said that you just need to go to a website (they provide a papered link they give you to submit new address to) and then he said there was
nothing else to do besides collecting your bags and leaving (I had only 2 checked in bags and that's it...nothing to follow!)

So this was a surprise...I was expecting to fill out a PR card application and work on a SIN application immediately after immigration formalities at the airport but this was not the case!

Within minutes I was out of the airport!

Went to my new residence and immediately filled out and submitted the PR card application!
=======================================

While the process through the airport was short (less than half an hour), I should say that this does not apply to everyone. You need to be prepared and I spent 4 months preparing for this one event (after getting back my passport at end of PPR stage) compiling and validating each and every document requested for landing + all and any additional supporting docs that may be requested (everything from birth certificates to education transcripts and original degrees to immunization docs...the whole works!) and making sure it was certified.

Also, your 2-copy list of items must be as detailed as possible which includes every item you are carrying. If possible, certify it with your signature and date it.

Hope this helps! :)

Congratulations !!

hassankhaliddar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hi. I am also planning to apply in next intake. Plz any 1 share ur comments how u people will get in to 5000 slab. If the opening time is 8.30 when should i loged in so that i will able to fillup the mon projext form. Ur kind guidence is requird.

bmsky

Sep 6, 2016
Just got DM status!!!

Timeline.

File received - 05/26/2016 - Sydney
AOR received on 09/29/2016
Processing Aplication 10/11/2016 - Sao Paulo Visa office
Starting Background check 03/24/2017
Medical Request 03/28/2017
Medical done 04/04/2017
Medical passed 04/05/2017
DM 04/10/2017