+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

SAMUEL PK

Dec 2, 2016
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
IELTS Request
--
Med's Request
waiting
gamerand said:
Can someone please help me understand something here? I'm extremely anxious because I cannot get an answer from the CIC...

I got my AOR on 17/11/2016 and until now no sign of an MR. My application was filed on paper but I linked it to MyCIC and my question is: based on your experience, will I receive the MR by post or it will be sent by e-mail or through a message on MyCIC?

I never received anything from the CIC by post, and I'm starting to fear that the way they could be informing my address in an eventual correspondence might've been misinterpreted by post offices in my country (the number of my apartment is being shown before the number of my building, with a hyphen).

Pleeeease, anyone??

hi

could you please mention your visa office.

gaye_ga

Nov 9, 2014
pappu13380 said:
EMAIL RECEIVED FROM DELHI EMBASSY
This refers to your application for permanent residence.

- Medical forms and instructions are being emailed to you separately. PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY AS THEY HAVE RECENTLY BEEN UPDATED. If you do not receive the separate instructions within 48 hours or if you have any difficulties opening the attached documents, please advise us by reply to this email.

- Please send scanned copies of your updated/valid passports (only front and back Bio pages) for all. Please do not send the original passports unless requested to do so.

- Pay Right of Permanent Residence Fees for you and your spouse/partner (if accompanying). Kindly follow the links below for information on payment of fees:

FEE SCHEDULE:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng

HOW TO PAY:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp? Please note that if you choose to pay by demand draft, the High Commission of Canada in India will only accept payment in Indian Rupees (INR).

****IMPORTANT – Demand Drafts in CAD (Canadian dollars) will NOT be accepted ****
*** If you pay on-line, submit a copy of your Official R receipt in reply to this email ***

- If you have not yet done so, please submit Police Clearance Certificates for all from each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18. Refer our website to find out how to obtain a police certificate from the country required: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. You may submit scanned copies of police certificates in response to this email.

Please comply by the mentioned requirements within 30 days from today. Failure to submit requested documents within that time period could result in the refusal of your application.

Please note: A change in your family composition may affect the processing requirements and processing time for your application. If you have, or anticipate having, a change in family composition (for example, marriage, divorce or expecting a child) you need to advise the visa office as soon as possible of this change.

I SENT SCANNED PICS TO EMBASSY VIA EMAIL AND NO COURIER OR POSTAGE MAIL IS SENT. IS IT OK?
Congrats! I have no idea yet but hope to receive the same email soon. Can you please share your timeline? Thanks

annie464

Dec 25, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO, NOVA SCOTIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2016
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2017
AOR Received.
Oct 30, 2016
Med's Request
Nov 18, 2016
Med's Done....
Nov 19, 2016 RPRF PAID: Dec 16, 2016
tathspts said:
Hey guys I wanted to ask, if it is possible to do landing after hours or during the weekend? I am asking because I work during the week.

Thanks
Lacolle border is open 24/7

Nikusa

Jul 25, 2013
Bajan4Quebec said:
Hello Nikusa

I hope this message finds you well and before your departure to Montreal. This post is also copied here to benefit other forum members going through this process. The following was copied from another forum and edited by me for those of us in the QSW stream.

Bonne chance à tous!
Hello Bajan4Quebec,

Thanks for the info! I already landed and it went smooth!...Only surprise was I was told to apply for PR card by going to a website and did not actually do either the PR card application or the SIN application
at the airport!

Hope your application goes well like mine did....although mine took 5-6 years in total...I am thankful the journey ended well! :)

Very happy to be back in the city after a long time and a lot of great memories are settling back in me! :)

cmack

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2016
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
04-11-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2017
LANDED..........
July-2017
gamerand said:
Can someone please help me understand something here? I'm extremely anxious because I cannot get an answer from the CIC...

I got my AOR on 17/11/2016 and until now no sign of an MR. My application was filed on paper but I linked it to MyCIC and my question is: based on your experience, will I receive the MR by post or it will be sent by e-mail or through a message on MyCIC?

I never received anything from the CIC by post, and I'm starting to fear that the way they could be informing my address in an eventual correspondence might've been misinterpreted by post offices in my country (the number of my apartment is being shown before the number of my building, with a hyphen).

Pleeeease, anyone??
All communications with CIC will be over email.

cmack

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2016
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
04-11-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2017
LANDED..........
July-2017
pappu13380 said:
EMAIL RECEIVED FROM DELHI EMBASSY
This refers to your application for permanent residence.

- Medical forms and instructions are being emailed to you separately. PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY AS THEY HAVE RECENTLY BEEN UPDATED. If you do not receive the separate instructions within 48 hours or if you have any difficulties opening the attached documents, please advise us by reply to this email.

- Please send scanned copies of your updated/valid passports (only front and back Bio pages) for all. Please do not send the original passports unless requested to do so.

- Pay Right of Permanent Residence Fees for you and your spouse/partner (if accompanying). Kindly follow the links below for information on payment of fees:

FEE SCHEDULE:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng

HOW TO PAY:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp? Please note that if you choose to pay by demand draft, the High Commission of Canada in India will only accept payment in Indian Rupees (INR).

****IMPORTANT – Demand Drafts in CAD (Canadian dollars) will NOT be accepted ****
*** If you pay on-line, submit a copy of your Official R receipt in reply to this email ***

- If you have not yet done so, please submit Police Clearance Certificates for all from each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18. Refer our website to find out how to obtain a police certificate from the country required: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. You may submit scanned copies of police certificates in response to this email.

Please comply by the mentioned requirements within 30 days from today. Failure to submit requested documents within that time period could result in the refusal of your application.

Please note: A change in your family composition may affect the processing requirements and processing time for your application. If you have, or anticipate having, a change in family composition (for example, marriage, divorce or expecting a child) you need to advise the visa office as soon as possible of this change.

I SENT SCANNED PICS TO EMBASSY VIA EMAIL AND NO COURIER OR POSTAGE MAIL IS SENT. IS IT OK?
It is OK because you did as they requested.

Nikusa

Jul 25, 2013
Hello Bajan4Quebec and Cmack and everyone on this forum! :)

I landed in Montreal finally and it was a smooth transition through the airport!

I must say that the airport arrivals looks much much bigger than when I was last here in arrivals many years ago but what a tremendous feeling to be back again...in my opinion the best city in the world!
And when I say best I mean best compared to many cities I have lived in both the USA (biggest 5 cities in the US) and around the world! :)

Ok..so here is my small contribution for those of you who may be interested in the landing experience! I have written this in a point by point format:

(1) Please be prepared!...It is always important to be prepared and careful while collecting all documents for your landing. By "documents"...I don't mean just the core docs for landing.....but every other possible document that would be classified as supporting just incase it is asked for (this is where the effort comes in!)

(2) The core documents that are absolutely essential are
(a) COPR
(b) Passport (should not be about to expire!!) with stamped immigrant visa
(c) Original CSQ
(d) Proof of Funds (certified original bank letter and/or certified bank statements up to 6 months prior to your departure date)
(e) 2-copy list of all items you are bringing

(3) Bring a smile with you also....:)

OK...now for my experience

============================

When I landed I had to walk quite a bit towards immigration arrivals section. Its a massive hall but when I arrived it was relatively empty as I was landing during late morning!

The officials will guide you to immigration so follow their directions and have your docs ready to show to anyone and at anytime along the way.

Very important to fill in the declaration form which will be provided to you while you are in your flight enroute to Montreal. IF you have doubts about how to fill, you can either ask
the flight attendant or wait until you reach immigration and you can ask specific questions about the form and then fill it in once your understanding is clear. This is very important because if you
do not understand what you are filling in or signing off on, then you will be held liable and responsible once you submit the form!

Once at immigration I told them I was landing and they guided me to a place where an immigration officer called me in to check my docs. He was friendly and very cordial.

After reviewing my COPR and signing it he then went ahead to tell me I was officially a permanent resident and stated my rights and responsibilities. I was impressed that he did this with a smile and also spoke to me very cordially so my thumbs up to the interaction...very professional and cordial!

He said that the COPR is very important and must be kept for life! Also the 2-copy list of items must be kept for life for future reference.

I then asked about PR card application and SIN application and he said that you just need to go to a website (they provide a papered link they give you to submit new address to) and then he said there was
nothing else to do besides collecting your bags and leaving (I had only 2 checked in bags and that's it...nothing to follow!)

So this was a surprise...I was expecting to fill out a PR card application and work on a SIN application immediately after immigration formalities at the airport but this was not the case!

Within minutes I was out of the airport!

Went to my new residence and immediately filled out and submitted the PR card application!
=======================================

While the process through the airport was short (less than half an hour), I should say that this does not apply to everyone. You need to be prepared and I spent 4 months preparing for this one event (after getting back my passport at end of PPR stage) compiling and validating each and every document requested for landing + all and any additional supporting docs that may be requested (everything from birth certificates to education transcripts and original degrees to immunization docs...the whole works!) and making sure it was certified.

Also, your 2-copy list of items must be as detailed as possible which includes every item you are carrying. If possible, certify it with your signature and date it.

Hope this helps! :)

shahos

Mar 7, 2017
Dear All,
I just got the PPR on 06/04/2017. It says that I need to submit my passport and family members to their Ottawa office. But I'm in Bangladesh now.
I sent them an email requesting instructions for submitting my passport to Singapore Visa office through VFS. but they didn't reply yet.
What should I do now... ???

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
shahos said:
Dear All,
I just got the PPR on 06/04/2017. It says that I need to submit my passport and family members to their Ottawa office. But I'm in Bangladesh now.
I sent them an email requesting instructions for submitting my passport to Singapore Visa office through VFS. but they didn't reply yet.
Congratulations for the PPR

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
Nikusa said:

I landed in Montreal finally and it was a smooth transition through the airport!

I must say that the airport arrivals looks much much bigger than when I was last here in arrivals many years ago but what a tremendous feeling to be back again...in my opinion the best city in the world!
And when I say best I mean best compared to many cities I have lived in both the USA (biggest 5 cities in the US) and around the world! :)

Ok..so here is my small contribution for those of you who may be interested in the landing experience! I have written this in a point by point format:

(1) Please be prepared!...It is always important to be prepared and careful while collecting all documents for your landing. By "documents"...I don't mean just the core docs for landing.....but every other possible document that would be classified as supporting just incase it is asked for (this is where the effort comes in!)

(a) COPR
(c) Original CSQ
(d) Proof of Funds (certified original bank letter and/or certified bank statements up to 6 months prior to your departure date)

When I landed I had to walk quite a bit towards immigration arrivals section. Its a massive hall but when I arrived it was relatively empty as I was landing during late morning!

The officials will guide you to immigration so follow their directions and have your docs ready to show to anyone and at anytime along the way.

Very important to fill in the declaration form which will be provided to you while you are in your flight enroute to Montreal. IF you have doubts about how to fill, you can either ask
the flight attendant or wait until you reach immigration and you can ask specific questions about the form and then fill it in once your understanding is clear. This is very important because if you
do not understand what you are filling in or signing off on, then you will be held liable and responsible once you submit the form!

Once at immigration I told them I was landing and they guided me to a place where an immigration officer called me in to check my docs. He was friendly and very cordial.

After reviewing my COPR and signing it he then went ahead to tell me I was officially a permanent resident and stated my rights and responsibilities. I was impressed that he did this with a smile and also spoke to me very cordially so my thumbs up to the interaction...very professional and cordial!

He said that the COPR is very important and must be kept for life! Also the 2-copy list of items must be kept for life for future reference.

I then asked about PR card application and SIN application and he said that you just need to go to a website (they provide a papered link they give you to submit new address to) and then he said there was
nothing else to do besides collecting your bags and leaving (I had only 2 checked in bags and that's it...nothing to follow!)

So this was a surprise...I was expecting to fill out a PR card application and work on a SIN application immediately after immigration formalities at the airport but this was not the case!

Went to my new residence and immediately filled out and submitted the PR card application!

While the process through the airport was short (less than half an hour), I should say that this does not apply to everyone. You need to be prepared and I spent 4 months preparing for this one event (after getting back my passport at end of PPR stage) compiling and validating each and every document requested for landing + all and any additional supporting docs that may be requested (everything from birth certificates to education transcripts and original degrees to immunization docs...the whole works!) and making sure it was certified.

Also, your 2-copy list of items must be as detailed as possible which includes every item you are carrying. If possible, certify it with your signature and date it.

Congratulations and thanks dear for such an amazing info.

Wish you all the very best for the future.

sandy01

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Nikusa said:

(a) COPR
(c) Original CSQ

Thank You so much Nikusa for putting so much effort & writing all this for all of us!
This would really help :)

Congratulations & All the Best for your future!!! :)

gaye_ga

Nov 9, 2014
Nikusa said:

(a) COPR
(c) Original CSQ

Dear Nikusa,

Congrats and thank you for sharing your experience. I would like to ask if during landing, instead of bank certificates for proof of funds, is it ok to have them on cash? How much for each applicant? Many thanks and congrats again! God bless. :)

Nov 13, 2016
shahos said:
Dear All,
please share your time line because i am in also Bangladeshi waiting for long time Medical.