+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

m.shirinezhad

Jun 19, 2013
Hello there ,
I am waiting for the decision to be made for my file.I have submitted my medical exam more than a month ago and the processing of my file has started on December 21st 2016. recently I emailed to the Paris visa office ( Visa office which process my case ) and received a letter by them signed by AWV(seems to be the officer processing my file) .
the question is : How many days it might take for a decision to be made concerning my file ??

Tnx all.

Smearingo

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS / Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016 (received on 06-01-2016)
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016 (RPRF and PCC from Hong Kong)
Nomination.....
CSQ-PEQ-étudiant, issued: 23-12-2015, received: 30-12-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
04-07-2016 (submitted 13-07-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-01-2017 (photocopy of passport pages [visa-exempt country] + 2 recent photos); documents sent: 05-01-2017, delivered: unknown (always "out for delivery" since 09-01-2017)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt Country, CoPR issued: 16-01-2017, GC-key/MyCIC account finalized: 19-01-2017, return envelope activated: 20-01-2017; CoPR received: 23-01-2017
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
mtl12 said:
@Smearingo, Thank you very much for response.

BTW, from the table it seems that someone could expect an answer 270-300 days after AOR, regardless of the APP-AOR time, 24 out of 38 approved applicants, of course some cases has been finalized less than 270 days and 2 cases more than 300 days. Could this be reliable or submission date is important and we have to rely on APP-PPR instead of AOR-PPR?
Yes I would hope to say yes it is reliable. But it is important to bear in mind that for this kind of statistics, we will need a much larger set of data to draw any conclusion. But I believe the CIC has been working its way to becmore efficient---though its bureaucratic systems still have a lot to improve... (I have seen some cases for QsW for incredibly short time too, but also there are cases which are non routine and drag long time like 24 months or more, but average is as you described)

Smearingo

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS / Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-01-2017 (photocopy of passport pages [visa-exempt country] + 2 recent photos); documents sent: 05-01-2017, delivered: unknown (always "out for delivery" since 09-01-2017)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt Country, CoPR issued: 16-01-2017, GC-key/MyCIC account finalized: 19-01-2017, return envelope activated: 20-01-2017; CoPR received: 23-01-2017
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
I just landed as PR today!!

As we know, today's weather was not good for driving but also not very suitable for skiing.
The driving took much longer time, my roommate kept complaining how dangerous it was.
We managed to visit Waterbury and Burlington in VT (yes Ben & Jerry's factory tour was great and fun with a super sweet triple caramel chunk ice-cream as free sample at the end--a nice appetizer for landing event!
I also went to a bookstore (The Crow in Burlington) to get 2 books as souvenir of this special day.

There was however one small accident:
We intended to come back through Lacolle PoE, but somehow the stupid GPS guided us to a strangely small PoE (whose banner also carries the name Lacolle) but we were told that they could not process landing there (it looks so underequipped to the extent I even wondered if they could do secondary inspection. The officer instructed us to drive toward Lacolle but it's impossible to do it that way. We ended up getting to the US again and got back to Canada through the right PoE. Luckily there was no trouble at the US border. The officer there was so kind to give us directions.

Then at Lacolle:
PR landing will be served by Comptoir A.
I was the only one landing there at that time.
I presented passport + work permit and my CoPR to the officer.
Officer's first question is: do you have the csq?
I took it out from my folder and showed him.
He asked me for my address in Canada so that they could send me PR card, my contact number and the amount of money I have to support myself. (He did not ask for bank statement/account balance/job contract/pay slips)
Then he asked me if I have anything to declare which I planned to ship to Canada. After knowing there will be exemption from import tax, I finally said no, I could not think of anything I wanted or needed to ship here apart from some books.
Then he asked me to check if info on CoPR is correct and i pointed out the entry date errors and that I asked CIC about it. He said if CIC said it's not important , then it's not important. And he showed me 2 questions on the CoPR (one about criminal convictions; the other, number of children); my answers to both of which are "no" then he asked me to write "no" and my initial next to them. And I was asked to sit and wait a bit.

And then I observed, my roommate chose to talk on the phone during this important moment in my life. One or two ppl arrived and had something to do in Comptoir B. The officers here assuringly looked familiar like everyday people I met in Montreal--compared to the stiff and a bit ahuman CBP officer in the US side, I was so contented that I was back to the ordinary side. There are 2 coffee machines which look like printers.

Then the officer called me back (he seemed to avoid my name as it contains some challenging pronunciation). He sincerely showed me the beautiful page 9 of my passport where he just stamped with a date, and said this is your landing stamp. He congratulated me for becoming Canadian and said the usual line about the rights and obligations we have.
But confusingly he said as you are from visa exempt country you can travel freely with this passsprt without problem. I corrected him, "do you mean it will be fine to travel with this passport and the PR card? Or do you really mean the passport alone without Pr card is fine?" I explained that I have planned to travel out of Canada before I get Pr card and I knew that I might not be able to travel back without the PR card. He seemed not to be familiar with the new rule after the eTA. He finally advised me to consult CIC for this info. And he asked me if I had any other questions. I said no.
He then got me the passcode for the car to pass through the gate on our way out. And after that I finally remembered to give him the US I-94 entry--I do not want to keep it as I am not planning to visit the states in near future (honestly I want to avoid that after Trump took up position). The officer asked if I got the refusal paper. (Well if I had the refusal paper I would not keep an I-94), I told him that no I did a day trip there.

I saw him tearing off my work permit when we left. (Maybe I mistook it but it seems he really was tearing that thing into pieces.) In short I left Canada today with my PGWP and came back as a PR~~ :D

YCQuebec

Jun 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-June-2016
AOR Received.
18-Oct-2016
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
10-Nov-2016
Med's Request
24-Nov-2016
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2016
Passport Req..
15-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2017
Smearingo said:

As we know, today's weather was not good for driving but also not very suitable for skiing.
The driving took much longer time, my roommate kept complaining how dangerous it was.
We managed to visit Waterbury and Burlington in VT (yes Ben & Jerry's factory tour was great and fun with a super sweet triple caramel chunk ice-cream as free sample at the end--a nice appentizer for landing event!
I also went to a bookstore (The Crow in Burlington) to get 2 books as souvenir of this special day.

We intended to come back through Lacolle PoE, but somehow the stupid GPS guided us to a strangely small PoE (whose banner also carries the name Lacolle) but we were told that they could not process landing there (it looks so underequipped to the extent I even wondered if they could do secondary inspection. The officer instructed us to drive toward Lacolle but it's impossible to do it that way. We ended up getting to the US again and got back to Canada through the right PoE. Luckily there was no trouble at the US border. The officer there was so kind to give us directions.

Then at Lacolle:
He asked me for my address in Canada so that they could send me PR card, my contact number and the amount of money I have to support myself. (He did not ask for bank statement/account balance/job contract/pay slips)
Then he asked me if I have anything to declare which I planned to ship to Canada. After knowing there will be exemption from import tax, I finally said no, I could not think of anything I wanted or needed to ship here apart from some books.
Then he asked me to check if info on CoPR is correct and i pointed out the entry date errors and that I asked COC about it. He said if CIC said it's not important , then it's not important. And he showed me 2 questions on the CoPR (one about criminal convictions; the other, number of children); my answers to both of which are "no" then he asked me to write "no" and my initial next to them. And I was asked to sit and wait a bit.

And then I observed, my roommate chose to talk on the phone during this important moment in my life. One or two ppl arrived and had something to do in Comptoir B. The officers here assuringly looked familiar like everyday people I met in Montreal--compared to the stiff and a bit ahuman CBP officer in the US side, I was so contented that I was back to the ordinary side. There are 2 coffee machines which look like printers.

Then the officer called me back (he seemed to avoid my name as it contains some challenging pronunciation). He sincerely showed me the beautiful page 9 of my passport where he just stamped with a date, and said this is your landing stamp. He congratulated me for becoming Canadian and said the usual line about the rights and obligations we have.
But confusingly he said as you are from visa exempt country you can travel freely with this passsprt without problem. I corrected him, "do you mean it will be fine to travel with this passport and the PR card? Or do you really mean the passport alone without Pr card is fine?" I explained that I have planned o travel out of Canada before I get Pr card and I knew that I might not be able to travel back without the PR card. He seemed not to be familiar with the new rule after the eTA. He finally advised to consult CIC for this info. And he asked me if I JD any other questions. I said no.
He then got me the passcode for the car to pass through the gate on our way out. And after that I finally remembered to give him the US I-94 entry--I do not want to keep it as I am not planning to visit the states in near future (honestly I want to avoid that after Trump took up position). The officer asked if I got the refusal paper. (Well if I had the refusal paper I would not keep an I-94), I told him that no I did a day trip there.

I saw him tearing off my work permit when we left. (Maybe I mistook it but it seems he really was testing that thing into pieces.) In short I left Canada today with my PGWP and came back as a PR~~ :D
Congrats, and thanks for sharing this exprience.

Rondo Luo

Mar 5, 2016
Smearingo said:

We managed to visit Waterbury and Burlington in VT (yes Ben & Jerry's factory tour was great and fun with a super sweet triple caramel chunk ice-cream as free sample at the end--a nice appentizer for landing event!

Then at Lacolle:
Then he asked me to check if info on CoPR is correct and i pointed out the entry date errors and that I asked COC about it. He said if CIC said it's not important , then it's not important. And he showed me 2 questions on the CoPR (one about criminal convictions; the other, number of children); my answers to both of which are "no" then he asked me to write "no" and my initial next to them. And I was asked to sit and wait a bit.

But confusingly he said as you are from visa exempt country you can travel freely with this passsprt without problem. I corrected him, "do you mean it will be fine to travel with this passport and the PR card? Or do you really mean the passport alone without Pr card is fine?" I explained that I have planned o travel out of Canada before I get Pr card and I knew that I might not be able to travel back without the PR card. He seemed not to be familiar with the new rule after the eTA. He finally advised to consult CIC for this info. And he asked me if I JD any other questions. I said no.

I saw him tearing off my work permit when we left. (Maybe I mistook it but it seems he really was testing that thing into pieces.) In short I left Canada today with my PGWP and came back as a PR~~ :D
Congrats!!
I just have a question~Do you need take a photo while applying PR card at boarder? Or they will just use the photos we gave before as PR card photo?

Smearingo

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS / Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
Rondo Luo said:
Congrats!!
I just have a question~Do you need take a photo while applying PR card at boarder? Or they will just use the photos we gave before as PR card photo?
Thank you :)
In the final request from CIC, they asked us to send passport/copy of passport (depending on which country you are from) and 2 recent photos. After that no more photos will be needed. These are those for PR card (one of them will appear on one of the CoPR copies. The border agent kept the copy with photo, another without photo will be handed back to you after landing)

marcomcarneiro

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Passport Req..
11-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
LANDED..........
25-01-2017
Smearingo said:

Then at Lacolle:

Congratulations @Smearingo!

annie464

Dec 25, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO, NOVA SCOTIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2016
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2017
AOR Received.
Oct 30, 2016
Med's Request
Nov 18, 2016
Med's Done....
Nov 19, 2016 RPRF PAID: Dec 16, 2016
Smearingo said:

Then at Lacolle:
Then he asked me to check if info on CoPR is correct and i pointed out the entry date errors and that I asked CIC about it. He said if CIC said it's not important , then it's not important. And he showed me 2 questions on the CoPR (one about criminal convictions; the other, number of children); my answers to both of which are "no" then he asked me to write "no" and my initial next to them. And I was asked to sit and wait a bit.

But confusingly he said as you are from visa exempt country you can travel freely with this passsprt without problem. I corrected him, "do you mean it will be fine to travel with this passport and the PR card? Or do you really mean the passport alone without Pr card is fine?" I explained that I have planned to travel out of Canada before I get Pr card and I knew that I might not be able to travel back without the PR card. He seemed not to be familiar with the new rule after the eTA. He finally advised me to consult CIC for this info. And he asked me if I had any other questions. I said no.

I saw him tearing off my work permit when we left. (Maybe I mistook it but it seems he really was tearing that thing into pieces.) In short I left Canada today with my PGWP and came back as a PR~~ :D
Congrats for becoming PR

Rondo Luo

Mar 5, 2016
Smearingo said:
Thank you :)
In the final request from CIC, they asked us to send passport/copy of passport (depending on which country you are from) and 2 recent photos. After that no more photos will be needed. These are those for PR card (one of them will appear on one of the CoPR copies. The border agent kept the copy with photo, another without photo will be handed back to you after landing)
Thanks a lot and Congrats again!

I'm gonna receive my passport soon and plan to land tmr:) all the best!

alemom

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 29, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15, 2016
Med's Request
Jun, 2016
Med's Done....
Jun, 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 06, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 19, 2017
LANDED..........
Jan 26, 2017
Smearingo said:

In short I left Canada today with my PGWP and came back as a PR~~ :D
Beautiful story @Smearingo, and looks that you are good telling stories.
Your description of everything made me feel I was there with you, and I am really anxious to do the same.
Congratulations!

khanhle

Star Member
Nov 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2016
Med's Request
early May 2016
Med's Done....
17-05-2016 (Med received: July-2016)
Passport Req..
Jan 11 2017
Congrats to all that received their passport and landed or about to land!
I am still waiting for the email. Got DM 2 weeks ago... Anybody is in the similar situations or experienced this before???? :mad: :'(

brar456

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Rondo Luo said:
Thanks a lot and Congrats again!

I'm gonna receive my passport soon and plan to land tmr:) all the best!
Hi Rondou, are you inland applicant? can you share your timeline please. when did you apply and when did you get the AOR?

alemom

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 29, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15, 2016
Med's Request
Jun, 2016
Med's Done....
Jun, 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 06, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 19, 2017
LANDED..........
Jan 26, 2017
khanhle said:
Congrats to all that received their passport and landed or about to land!
I am still waiting for the email. Got DM 2 weeks ago... Anybody is in the similar situations or experienced this before???? :mad: :'(
I can fell your pain, did you call CIC?

khanhle

Star Member
Nov 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2016
Med's Request
early May 2016
Med's Done....
17-05-2016 (Med received: July-2016)
Passport Req..
Jan 11 2017
alemom said:
I can fell your pain, did you call CIC?
No I didn't as I am sure they wont tell me the result and an email is coming ...

Rondo Luo

Mar 5, 2016
brar456 said:
Hi Rondou, are you inland applicant? can you share your timeline please. when did you apply and when did you get the AOR?
Category........: QSW
Visa Office......: NS
App. Filed.......: Jan 25, 2016
AOR Received.: March 23, 2016
Med's Request: Jun, 2016
Med's Done....: Jun, 2016
Passport Req..: Jan 12, 2017