- May 17, 2016
- Visa Office......
- Sydney, NS / Ottawa
- Job Offer........
- App. Filed.......
- 04-01-2016 (received on 06-01-2016)
- Doc's Request.
- 21-07-2016 (RPRF and PCC from Hong Kong)
- CSQ-PEQ-étudiant, issued: 23-12-2015, received: 30-12-2015
- AOR Received.
- Med's Request
- Med's Done....
- 04-07-2016 (submitted 13-07-2016)
- Passport Req..
- 05-01-2017 (photocopy of passport pages [visa-exempt country] + 2 recent photos); documents sent: 05-01-2017, delivered: unknown (always "out for delivery" since 09-01-2017)
- VISA ISSUED...
- Visa Exempt Country, CoPR issued: 16-01-2017, GC-key/MyCIC account finalized: 19-01-2017, return envelope activated: 20-01-2017; CoPR received: 23-01-2017
congratulations, @marcocarnerio!marcomcarneiro said:Got CoPR!!
Hey @Smearingo, I have a question. The documents I've received say that my Permanent Residency is valid only until the sticker on the passport, which date says July 2017. Does that mean that we'll have to ask for a renewal after that, or does something change after you do the landing (ie, new sticker, new date at the letter?)
I'm not too worried because the CoPR says that "I must arrive in Canada on or before the expiry date" so I'm assuming that is the limit I have to do the landing, but I wanted to hear your thoughts on it.
Please let me know
Other than that, landing tomorrow! Yaaay!!
oh, yes! that is it: it is exactly "the limit [we] have to do the landing"
The validity of the PR visa refers to the time limit before which you have to validate this document --- that is, it is the deadline for landing. You cannot land after that date.
And, it is stated in the accompanying instructions that they have given us the furthest possible date and in no circumstances can it be extended.
PR is for life (until we attain citizenship or somehow lose it because we don't fulfill residency obligations), it does not have to be renewed. and yes, as @cohenbrother mentioned, the PR though will need to be renewed -- which is an ID and travel document, its expiry does not entail the expiry of our PR status (the latter cannot expire).