+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

owais.aziz

Feb 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MidoRafa said:
QSW visas these days seem to take between 9 and 12 months from the time they receive your application, so it will probably be a few more months before they ask you for your passport.
Did you submit your police certificate with the app? If yes, then there is nothing else for you to do. They do all the checks from their side. However, if you didn't submit the police certificate(s) with your app, expect them to ask for it soon. Best of luck
Hey Rafa,
There you are :). I have a few questions brother?
I sent my package for PR to Sydney Case Processing Centre, Nova Scotia, on 17th of May, 2016. I see on the CIC Website they mention that
the processing time is 14 months.

Question 1: Is the processing time 14 months from the date of receipt of AOR, or the 6 months required to generate AOR is included in the
processing time of 14 months itself? So, Either the processing time would be 14 Months or 20 Months. This is confusing.

Question 2: My lawyer keeps asking me to provide police certificates for Saudi Arabia, and India. However, Unlike Sweden(who require only
fees paid to Swedish Police to give a P.C.C; Saudi Arabia and India require "Documentary Evidence or Supporting Documentation
from the Embassy which requests/demands for P.C.C. for the Applicant in question.
Also, It is clearly mentioned on the CIC website that when the CPC opens the respective Applicants file, they themselves will
send an official email as mentioned below: (Extract from CIC webpage below).

"A police certificate request letter will be sent to you by mail after your application for Permanent Residence has been received. You
must present this letter, along with valid identification and proof of legal residency in Saudi Arabia to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If
they approve you, the letter will give you the address to the police headquarters where you must go and apply in person.

For applications being processed at any other office, request letters can be requested by e-mail: riyadh.visa@international.gc.ca or
fax: 966-1-488-9657. Please include the file number, the office where you applied and your mailing address.

If you are applying at the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, UAE, you should submit a police certificate with your application. You can
contact the visa office for a request letter at fax: (971 2) 694-0396 or e-mail: abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. Please
include your immigration file number if you have one.

Also for India, The Indian Embassy, Riyadh, and the Police Headquarters in India are each asking for "Documentary Evidence" i.e.
"Supporting Documents" from requesting Embassy, in order issue P.C.C's to the Applicant in question.

Now, How can I god damn bloody obtain a P.C.C without a "Requesting Letter" from Canadian Embassy which addresses to all
the countries from where the Applicant stayed for 6 months or more.

For example, if a person has stayed for 6 months or more in 5 countries, then it is the duty of the Canadian Embassy to provide
5 request letters, One for each country in question, and for each applicant and spouse totalling to 10 request letters.
Why ask for P.C.C., when the establishment seeking P.C.C for applicant in question cannot provide Request Letter.

Crazies man people are. And, you know
the funny thing. One of my friends went to collect P.C.C. from one of the Police Stations in Saudi
where I live, and the Police Officer was refusing to entertain handing over the P.C.C to him until and unless he gave him
documentary evidence for the same. Getting a P.C.C is not like entering a Supermarket, and paying money for it. There is
a process of exchange of documents from the Embassies of countries to facilitate this requirement for the applicant in question.

Another case of a friend of mine when he went to request for P.C.C from Saudi Arabia, the Police officer irritated him by saying
"Why do you guys want to come to our Country in the first place, when you want to leave after all". First, they complain why
we are in their country, then they complain when we want to leave their country also. Oxymoronic is the Middle East really.

Regards,

janz

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
gaye_ga said:
Dear experts,

Need to clarify since we are preparing our documents for federal stage, i was able to finish 1yr masters in public health but part time studies only. Should i include it as additional completed education or not since i am still not yet finished? Thanks.

you should not update for this is not yet completed.

MidoRafa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
owais.aziz said:
Question 1: Is the processing time 14 months from the date of receipt of AOR, or the 6 months required to generate AOR is included in the
processing time of 14 months itself? So, Either the processing time would be 14 Months or 20 Months. This is confusing.
Clock starts when they receive your application.

About PCC's, I'm afraid I don't know much about the Indian or Saudi systems, but I'm sure you'll find more than one thread here where they've been discussed. In general, if you haven't submitted the police certificates with your application, you should wait until they -CIC- request them. At which point you can ask them for these official letters for any authority that requires them. I'm sure they are familiar with the requirements (luckily, it's not an uncommon scenario) and will accommodate you.

Best of luck with the process and the bureaucracy ;)

ajish

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you live outside of Saudi Arabia:
Certificates are available only to current legal residents.

If you have current legal residence status in Saudi Arabia, follow the directions above for citizens of Saudi Arabia who live in Saudi Arabia.

If you do not have current legal residence status in Saudi Arabia, you are not required to provide a Saudi Arabian police certificate. If you are asked for a police certificate from Saudi Arabia, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Saudi Arabia because certificates are only available to people who have current legal residence status.”

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/saudi-arabia.asp

owais.aziz said:
Hey Rafa,
There you are :). I have a few questions brother?
I sent my package for PR to Sydney Case Processing Centre, Nova Scotia, on 17th of May, 2016. I see on the CIC Website they mention that
the processing time is 14 months.

Question 2: My lawyer keeps asking me to provide police certificates for Saudi Arabia, and India. However, Unlike Sweden(who require only
fees paid to Swedish Police to give a P.C.C; Saudi Arabia and India require "Documentary Evidence or Supporting Documentation
from the Embassy which requests/demands for P.C.C. for the Applicant in question.
Also, It is clearly mentioned on the CIC website that when the CPC opens the respective Applicants file, they themselves will
send an official email as mentioned below: (Extract from CIC webpage below).

"A police certificate request letter will be sent to you by mail after your application for Permanent Residence has been received. You
must present this letter, along with valid identification and proof of legal residency in Saudi Arabia to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If
they approve you, the letter will give you the address to the police headquarters where you must go and apply in person.

For applications being processed at any other office, request letters can be requested by e-mail: riyadh.visa@international.gc.ca or
fax: 966-1-488-9657. Please include the file number, the office where you applied and your mailing address.

If you are applying at the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, UAE, you should submit a police certificate with your application. You can
contact the visa office for a request letter at fax: (971 2) 694-0396 or e-mail: abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. Please
include your immigration file number if you have one.

Also for India, The Indian Embassy, Riyadh, and the Police Headquarters in India are each asking for "Documentary Evidence" i.e.
"Supporting Documents" from requesting Embassy, in order issue P.C.C's to the Applicant in question.

Now, How can I god damn bloody obtain a P.C.C without a "Requesting Letter" from Canadian Embassy which addresses to all
the countries from where the Applicant stayed for 6 months or more.

For example, if a person has stayed for 6 months or more in 5 countries, then it is the duty of the Canadian Embassy to provide
5 request letters, One for each country in question, and for each applicant and spouse totalling to 10 request letters.
Why ask for P.C.C., when the establishment seeking P.C.C for applicant in question cannot provide Request Letter.

Crazies man people are. And, you know
the funny thing. One of my friends went to collect P.C.C. from one of the Police Stations in Saudi
where I live, and the Police Officer was refusing to entertain handing over the P.C.C to him until and unless he gave him
documentary evidence for the same. Getting a P.C.C is not like entering a Supermarket, and paying money for it. There is
a process of exchange of documents from the Embassies of countries to facilitate this requirement for the applicant in question.

Another case of a friend of mine when he went to request for P.C.C from Saudi Arabia, the Police officer irritated him by saying
"Why do you guys want to come to our Country in the first place, when you want to leave after all". First, they complain why
we are in their country, then they complain when we want to leave their country also. Oxymoronic is the Middle East really.

Regards,

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
Documents' Update November 2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Processing: 14-03-2016 / Pre-Arrival Letter: 27/11/17
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
ما شاء الله لا قوة الا بالله
owais.aziz said:
<<<<

from the Embassy which requests/demands for P.C.C. for the Applicant in question...

<<..............>>

Regards,
Dear owais.aziz

I hope you will find some help with the information provided herewith for your PCC:

http://cgijeddah.mkcl.org/downloads/PCC%20for%20Outsiders.pdf

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/getting-a-police-certificate-from-saudi-arabia-instructions-t157222.0.html

Regards,

mgazi

SWG

Dec 8, 2015
Hello Folks,
Quick question here, i received my CSQ and currently in the process of sending federal. I got all the documents, for the passport copy and birth certificate copy, do i need to certify those?? because all my other documents are original.

Appreciate the SOONEST reply, because i haven't certified them and i don't know anyone who can certify these, and i was getting ready to send my application today.

Another question, how long it usually takes before i receive medical request? any idea? Thanks

Mathew71

Apr 15, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb. 2016
Nomination.....
CSQ Sept. 2015
AOR Received.
Jan. 2016
IELTS Request
Submitted already
File Transfer...
Jan.2016
Med's Request
March 2016
Med's Done....
March 18, 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31 May 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting ?
LANDED..........
Awaiting ?
Mathew71 said:
After CSQ we submitted for PR on Oct. 2015
Now we are in the stage of we done our medical and submitted our medical results on 22 March 2016.
It started to show ''Medical results has been received '' from March 28, 2016.
After that no news for PPR..Do you have any comments..?
Does anybody who already reached in Canada can advice about the normal time frame of Permanent Residence after CSQ, applied from India to Nova Scotia and V.O.is at New Delhi ?

nimar_023

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
David83 said:
That's correct. It's written on my profile :)
Do you know if your doctor sent the medical reports to Sydney or Ottawa? My visa office is Sydney too. But my doctor was mentioning about sending the reports to Ottawa.

quebeck7

May 4, 2016
Mathew71 said:
Does anybody who already reached in Canada can advice about the normal time frame of Permanent Residence after CSQ, applied from India to Nova Scotia and V.O.is at New Delhi ?
Hello Mathew71

i am also in same boat.
I had received medical and RPRF request in February.
my medical was received by cic in march2016. However my rprf dd is returned due to incorrect amount.Then i had resubmitted dd with correct amount and it was encashed on 7 April2016(my visa office is new Delhi).

I have emailed visa office to get information about my application.
they replied me that your file is pending final review.At present no action is required on your part.

MidoRafa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
SWG said:
Hello Folks,
Quick question here, i received my CSQ and currently in the process of sending federal. I got all the documents, for the passport copy and birth certificate copy, do i need to certify those?? because all my other documents are original.

Appreciate the SOONEST reply, because i haven't certified them and i don't know anyone who can certify these, and i was getting ready to send my application today.

Another question, how long it usually takes before i receive medical request? any idea? Thanks
No certification needed. Just copies.

Eddie87

Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/Nov/2015 Quebec - 27/May/2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
CSQ - 29/04/2016
AOR Received.
20/Nov/2015 Quebec - 03/Oct/2016 Federal
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
29/Nov/2016
Med's Done....
12/Dic/2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2017
VISA ISSUED...
26/Jan/2017
LANDED..........
05/July/2017
SWG said:
Hello Folks,

They asked me to send the original birth certificate or a certificate copy

D

David83

nimar_023 said:
Do you know if your doctor sent the medical reports to Sydney or Ottawa? My visa office is Sydney too. But my doctor was mentioning about sending the reports to Ottawa.
I didn't ask her. Why to Ottawa if the office is Sydney? Did you do the MR? The office will send a form to give the clinic to fill it and send it. This is administrative thing.

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
Documents' Update November 2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Processing: 14-03-2016 / Pre-Arrival Letter: 27/11/17
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
ما شاء الله لا قوة الا بالله
Eddie87 said:
They asked me to send the original birth certificate or a certificate copy
Hi Eddie87,

Some countries issue only one Copy of the birth Certificate, if it is your case, you need to make a copy and put a TRUE COPY stamp from the concerned department in your country or if you are ouside you can do it in your embassy.

In some other countries, they issue a family book, then you can get as much as you can of birth certificates.

You cannot send non Original or True certified Copies

BR

Rishad

Mar 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
QSW Application: Hong Kong | Federal Application: Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSW application May, 2013 | Federal application Jun, 2016
Doc's Request.
QSW update request Jun, 2015
Nomination.....
CSQ received Sep, 2015
AOR Received.
QSQ Aug, 2013 | Waiting
Interview........
Waived on QSW stage
Dear Experts,

It would be really so grateful if I can get your valuable feedback on my following concern.

I have got the CSQ on Sep' 2015 now preparing for the federal part. I was in USA since Nov, 2014 to Mar' 2016. I went there on a visit visa then applied for study on Apr' 2015 which got approved on Feb' 2016. My student status is supposed to commence on Apr' 2016 but I came back from USA on Mar' 2016. Therefore all through my status in USA was tourist & legal. Now my query is I can't mention all these in the application form.

Therefore, will it be good if I give a "Letter of Explanation" proactively regarding my stay in USA (along with copy of supporting documents) in my federal application. Or I will just simply follow the standard forms and mention my status in USA in the respective fields on the form.

Thanks for your kind advise & I really appreciate this group & all the members.

engr.atif

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
QSW: 31-08-2011 , Federal: 23-03-2016
Doc's Request.
12-01-2015 (sent: 06-04-2015)
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 14-12-2016
AOR Received.
QSW: 18-10-2011 , Federal: 29-04-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with CSQ application
Med's Request
14-11-2016
Med's Done....
24-11-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Apr 2017
Im from Pakistan and visa office is London, My online ecas timeline is as follow,

1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 23, 2016.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 29, 2016.

3. We started processing your application on May 18, 2016.

Any idea ? that after this status, how long they take to send the medical request?? Pls share your experience.

Thanks

Atif