+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Boldux

Oct 31, 2020
Hi all,
Quick question. Last Wednesday I received my eCoPR :). The email said that I would receive an email with further instructions from an IRCC agent (still nothing).

Then, when I go to the portal (where you can see Permanent Residence Application, Permanent Residence Confirmation and Permanent Resident (PR) Card / PR Travel Document) I see now that the "Permanent Resident (PR) Card / PR Travel Document" section is active (it was grayed-out before) and I can apply the PR Card - two options 1st time getting it, or renewal - and asks you if you need to apply for an urgent PR card, or not.

Can you guys help me understand if this is new and you actually need to fill out all the forms there?

My understanding was after the eCoPR you just had to wait for the PR card to be mailed. Now this seems like a new step with a bunch of forms, although not all of them apply and seem based on personal circumstances.

BTW my mailing address and photo remain as "In review with IRCC".

Thanks!
I'm in the same boat. Got eCoPR and got the email saying another email was coming with more instructions. I haven't got anything yet. My photo is still under review too via the portal like yours.

The only other email I got after eCoPR was a generic email saying my application has been updated (on the original online application portal) and it wasn't from an agent.

If you scroll back a few posts to when I shared my timeline there is a lot of good insight from others about what to do next with eCoPR. We are essentially "finished" now (just need card mailed to us)! I don't believe we have to use that new tab on the portal until we need to renew before expiry. We can use the eCoPR to get a new SIN, update Rev Quebec/CRA...etc.

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
@Mtl2022 @Boldux
Here is some information that can be useful for you guys, I copy-pasted from a previous comment that I did.
You will need you new SIN number first. You can apply online for it, or go directly to a Service Canada to obtain it the same day (prepare to wait depending on location).

"
You need to create a new CRA account with your new SIN number, they will eventually link your new account to the information of your old one.

In the case of Revenu Quebec. you should call them and just tell them your new SIN by phone, then after a week or so you can create your new account (this wait time applies to CRA too). This is because CRA and Service Canada exchange information once a week, it is at that point that they verify your new SIN, you may encounter error 210 during the creation of your new accounts, this is because not enough time has passed yet).

You need to create a new Service Canada account too, remember to save as much information as possible from your old Service Canada account, as the new one will have very little stuff from the old one (kinda like a new person), they are both linked but you just can't see it. I had to call service canada and they had to send me by snail mail some information that I needed from my old one.

You also need to schedule a call with RAMQ in order to renew your RAMQ card, as you are a PR now. Strangely, they will only renew it for 1 year, instead of 3 years. Kinda like they are considering that you "just" arrive in Canada, even if you previously had a work permit or whatever here. After 1 year, you can renew it normally, for 3-5 years each.

Also remember to print, sign and save your Ecorp, it has some numbers that your Pr card has not, and some agencies from the government can ask you for it.

Finally tell your bank you have a new SIN and PR status, as you can access other stuff from them and it is useful for tax declaration later on.

That is all, good luck you all.
"

Regarding the new options on the portal, I am not aware if there are new stuff in it. I do know that you can(or used to for that matter, if things have changed) to link your application to the "Pr card 1st time getting" so you can track the situation regarding your card, as if there is any trouble with it, or when could be ready. Independently of this, you should get your card by mail.

Best of luck to both, and welcome to Canada :)

QC_

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
@Mtl2022 @Boldux

Finally tell your bank you have a new SIN and PR status, as you can access other stuff from them and it is useful for tax declaration later on.

"

Regarding the new options on the portal, I am not aware if there are new stuff in it. I do know that you can(or used to for that matter, if things have changed) to link your application to the "Pr card 1st time getting" so you can track the situation regarding your card, as if there is any trouble with it, or when could be ready. Independently of this, you should get your card by mail.

FYI to those who might not know, most banks allow you to update your SIN online or through the mobile App. But as @LOLR1 said, you will still have to call them for other benefits (I.E : Better credit cards, loans, etc...)

Don't forget to update any institution that sends you a tax slip. (Bank, Investment, Work, School,..)

Reactions: LOLR1

FBM

Mar 2, 2020
Greetings to all in the forum
Please I need help
I am an outlander and I did biometric in August 2022 then November my husband's Biometric letter came and the IRCC number is not there making it difficult to book appointment at the vfs immigration center in my country.
Please what can be done because I got to the vfs center through email and they told me no booking for biometric then no exercise for pictures and finger print if there is no IRCC number. I even tried using my own IRCC number but it's not going
I am working with an agent in my country and I have complained to him since last week but no way forward as at now
Please has anyone have this situation before and how was it solved.
Thank you for your prompt response

Reactions: Mohit19

Mtl2022

Jul 21, 2021
@Mtl2022 @Boldux
Here is some information that can be useful for you guys, I copy-pasted from a previous comment that I did.
You will need you new SIN number first. You can apply online for it, or go directly to a Service Canada to obtain it the same day (prepare to wait depending on location).

"
You need to create a new CRA account with your new SIN number, they will eventually link your new account to the information of your old one.

In the case of Revenu Quebec. you should call them and just tell them your new SIN by phone, then after a week or so you can create your new account (this wait time applies to CRA too). This is because CRA and Service Canada exchange information once a week, it is at that point that they verify your new SIN, you may encounter error 210 during the creation of your new accounts, this is because not enough time has passed yet).

You need to create a new Service Canada account too, remember to save as much information as possible from your old Service Canada account, as the new one will have very little stuff from the old one (kinda like a new person), they are both linked but you just can't see it. I had to call service canada and they had to send me by snail mail some information that I needed from my old one.

You also need to schedule a call with RAMQ in order to renew your RAMQ card, as you are a PR now. Strangely, they will only renew it for 1 year, instead of 3 years. Kinda like they are considering that you "just" arrive in Canada, even if you previously had a work permit or whatever here. After 1 year, you can renew it normally, for 3-5 years each.

Also remember to print, sign and save your Ecorp, it has some numbers that your Pr card has not, and some agencies from the government can ask you for it.

"

Thanks @LOLR1 and @Boldux

I was overall acquainted with the next steps for non-immigration processes like SSN update -.

About the new form (?) to get the 1st PR card, the process seems simple, but as I have not received instructions from the IRCC agent and I am afraid to proceed with it, as it may overlap with the generation of the card - maybe it's already ongoing and I will trigger another process if I fill out and send the forms.. idk -

@Boldux the email that you got from IRCC following the confirmation of your eCoPR, I received it too. Because when I went through the PR card application section in the portal, I clicked on initiate process and that triggered and automated email from IRCC. I took no further action, because of what I mentioned above.

I cannot link my PR Card to track it because to do that the system asks for the PR car application, which of course, I don't have. Again, not sure if this is also new.

If anyone received recently their eCoPR and further instructions from an IRCC agent, it would be great to hear.

gensay78

Feb 2, 2017
Montreal
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
My lawyer forwarded me the pre-arrival letter. I am not sure what it means to inland applicants.
BTW, the process is going quicker than I thought.

Alhadedy

Dec 29, 2015
question please, I have done the police certificates and I am ready to submit my application for IRCC, I am confused about the biometrics, should I wait for them to tell me when to provide them?! or should it be submitted with the application?

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
question please, I have done the police certificates and I am ready to submit my application for IRCC, I am confused about the biometrics, should I wait for them to tell me when to provide them?! or should it be submitted with the application?
You should wait, they will send you an email with a application number for you to take your biometrics, you cannot submit them before that.

Reactions: Alhadedy

Mrletterbox

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Hi, i have submitted my PR card photo after they rejected & asked to resubmit.
3/4 PR cards already delivered but one is now pending,
Any idea how long it takes to process after they received, any thoughts...

mrkssi

Nov 25, 2022
Thank you for that :)
I read your post. I think you should try to contact them again and appeal the decision. It will be tough, as the agent could say that it was your responsibility to upload the proper documents, BUT, you did send the correct letter via webform after you got it. If you can find a receipt/email where they acknowledge that received the message/webform, you could have a chance on the appeal.
Usually in the message there is a small phrase like "We verified the information you provided and can confirm the reception of your document(s) and that they will be added on file shortly.". Sometimes at the end there is a copy of the webform and enquiry information that you typed it in, this will be even better as further evidence.

I'm gonna be honest, It is a tough one, as I know one person that had to redo the PR application (only federal stage) because they requested additional documents, he sent them via webform but never heard from them again, only months latter they claimed that they have never received it, and argued that his time had run out (similar to your case).

Best of luck to you.
Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to reply ! Alright I understand. I sent them another webform in an attempt to get answers but there has been no response. Only those living there has the possibility to call them on the phone, which is not an option for me. They did acknowledge receiving the letter but mentioned it might not be visible to me on the website, so I'm not sure :)

I tried linking my PR application to my IRCC account but I was not successful. Let's see how it goes, hopefully it will be fine. Will update you guys here if there are any changes. Thanks again !