+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
so could it be that I wait 3 months then be informed that photo is rejected and wait again 3 months to maybe get a photo rejection again? Honestly, you pay 20 bucks for a professional photo so it should not be rejected :S
I think (don't quote me on this) that indeed they could reject your photo after 3 months of waiting. BUT, once they let you know that they need a new one and that you have uploaded it, the process will be some weeks(as your application will be on the pr card agent's desk and not like it is starting a new application all over (3 more months). Similar like when they request additional documents during the regular PR application process.

mariposaDADA

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
I think (don't quote me on this) that indeed they could reject your photo after 3 months of waiting. BUT, once they let you know that they need a new one and that you have uploaded it, the process will be some weeks(as your application will be on the pr card agent's desk and not like it is starting a new application all over (3 more months). Similar like when they request additional documents during the regular PR application process.
but if photo was taken professionally, and they request a new photo, how to ensure it will pass the second time around?

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
but if photo was taken professionally, and they request a new photo, how to ensure it will pass the second time around?
New photographer? Sorry, that I do not know.
In my case I took the photos at a Jean Coutu and passed. I have heard of people taking the photo at home and it worked.
It is random unfortunately, they(immigration) can tell you what was wrong with it though, as in poor light, resolution, etc.

mariposaDADA

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
New photographer? Sorry, that I do not know.
In my case I took the photos at a Jean Coutu and passed. I have heard of people taking the photo at home and it worked.
It is random unfortunately, they(immigration) can tell you what was wrong with it though, as in poor light, resolution, etc.
really hoping it will pass to turn this page for good :D

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
All of the info everyone gave is correct. I did photo at home and passed. It’s all so so random but yea if you’re rejected they will still keep you in the shorter queue. You won’t have to go to the end of the line.

Reactions: LOLR1

mrkssi

Nov 25, 2022
Greetings to everyone. Thanks for providing so many helpful answers and suggestions. I would like to get some of your suggestions and advice regarding my case. It is about the "International Mobility Program Plus" (IMP+). So I have applied for it, but 2 days ago I was refused the work permit because I did not include the IMP+ letter of invitation in my application.

When I was submitting my application, there was a place where it requested to include a letter of invitation but at the time I did not have or know there was a specific IMP+ letter that Quebec would send. So I uploaded in it's place the letter of invitation from Quebec about the CSQ. About 2 months later, I received the IMP+ letter and I realized this was the letter I had to upload. I used the webform to upload this IMP+ letter and explained what had happened.

I did not get any updates about this matter for many weeks and I thought it was odd. On the 15/11/2022 I applied for PR and paid the amount requested. Then 2 days ago I received an email mentioning a change in the status of my application. I do not know what to do next, the officer wrote a letter saying I did not include this IMP+ letter and that is the reason for refusal. However, I did it through the webforms and explained myself but it seems they did not see it.

Please advice me on how to proceed with this. Can I appeal? For those who received the IMP+ letter you know it is mentioned we have 90 days to submit the letter to IRCC. Coincidence or not, the officer refused my application a day after this deadline :D so I cannot use it again normally. Should I apply again and pay for processing with the work permit fees or no? I apologize for this essay, if you are going through this process or know something similar please let me know, it will be appreciated. Thank you.

The following is the timeline of my application process:

Submitted Arrima profile: 25/12/2021
Invitation to apply for CSQ: 14/01/2022
Received CSQ: 21/06/2022
Applied for IMP+ work permit: 25/06/2022
Biometrics: 19/07/2022
Received IMP+ letter: 24/08/2022
Applied for PR: 15/11/2022
Work Permit refused: 23/11/2022

Reactions: LOLR1

Roman UA

Oct 10, 2022
Canada
Category........
QSW
Hello everyone,
I am sharing my time line. I was using representative, so couple date I don't know:

Inland Applicant, Married, one dependent (Quebec Skilled Worker)
  • CSQ application: December 01, 2021
  • CSQ received: February 20, 2022
  • Online application: March 08, 2022
  • XEP issued: ?
  • AOR issued: ?
  • Biometrics requested: July 20, 2022
  • Biometrics submitted: July 25, 2022
  • Medical examination requested: July 22, 2022
  • Medical completed: August 04, 2022
  • Medical passed: September 30, 2022
  • Invitation to PR portal: November 22, 2022
  • eCoPR available in PR Portal: November 22, 2022
  • Address confirmation and Pic upload in PR portal: November 23, 2022
I am so happy it is almost finished!

One question - I have applied for new SIN number, but to apply for RAMQ - do I need to wait new SIN or not?

Reactions: peykaf

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hello everyone,
I am sharing my time line. I was using representative, so couple date I don't know:

Inland Applicant, Married, one dependent (Quebec Skilled Worker)
  • CSQ application: December 01, 2021
  • CSQ received: February 20, 2022
  • Online application: March 08, 2022
  • XEP issued: ?
  • AOR issued: ?
  • Biometrics requested: July 20, 2022
  • Biometrics submitted: July 25, 2022
  • Medical examination requested: July 22, 2022
  • Medical completed: August 04, 2022
  • Medical passed: September 30, 2022
  • Invitation to PR portal: November 22, 2022
  • eCoPR available in PR Portal: November 22, 2022
  • Address confirmation and Pic upload in PR portal: November 23, 2022
I am so happy it is almost finished!

One question - I have applied for new SIN number, but to apply for RAMQ - do I need to wait new SIN or not?
First of all, congrats there. Quite a fast application process indeed. Almost 1 year for CSQ + federal PR. Most people take 1 year+ just for federal stage.
Second, I will copy some information from a comment I made in another post before, so you know what to do/expect at this stage and might be helpful to you.
For RAMQ, yes you need your new SIN number. You will also need your new SIN number for the next stuff.

"
You need to create a new CRA account with your new SIN number, they will eventually link your new account to the information of your old one.
In the case of Revenu Quebec. you should call them and just tell them your new SIN by phone, then after a week or so you can create your new account (this wait time applies to CRA too). This is because CRA and Service Canada exchange information once a week, it is at that point that they verify your new SIN, you may encounter error 210 during the creation of your new accounts, this is because not enough time has passed yet).

You need to create a new Service Canada account too, remember to save as much information as possible from your old Service Canada account, as the new one will have very little stuff from the old one (kinda like a new person), they are both linked but you just can't see it. I had to call service canada and they had to send me by snail mail some information that I needed from my old one.

You also need to schedule a call with RAMQ in order to renew your RAMQ card, as you are a PR now. Strangely, they will only renew it for 1 year, instead of 3 years. Kinda like they are considering that you "just" arrive in Canada, even if you previously had a work permit or whatever here. After 1 year, you can renew it normally, for 3-5 years each.

Also remember to print, sign and save your Ecorp, it has some numbers that your Pr card has not, and some agencies from the government can ask you for it.

Finally tell your bank you have a new SIN and PR status, as you can access other stuff from them and it is useful for tax declaration later on.
"

That is all, good luck @Roman UA and welcome to Canada.

Last edited:

sumeetbarua1380

Dec 5, 2020
Hi friends..Outland Paper based PR application for QRSW program submitted on 30th Dec 2021, AOR received and Biometric done Mar 2022. Received PAL in Nov but medicals pending. what can this mean? can anything positive be expected soon or should keep hoping positively for a longer waiting period

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hi friends..Outland Paper based PR application for QRSW program submitted on 30th Dec 2021, AOR received and Biometric done Mar 2022. Received PAL in Nov but medicals pending. what can this mean? can anything positive be expected soon or should keep hoping positively for a longer waiting period
when did you take your medical exam? That could be a hint
It should be fine for now, if something was off they will let you know.

Last edited:

officialparth

Jun 9, 2020
PR App. submission: April 22nd, 2022:D
XEP: May 2nd 2022 :)
AOR: Sept 8th 2022 :D
Biometrics: Valid (from 2021) :cool:
Medical exam request: Nov 18th 2022 :eek:
Settlement Plan request: Nov 18th 2022 ;)
Medical exam done: Nov 21st 2022 ;)
Medical exam passed: Nov 25th 2022 o_O
Settlement Plan submitted: Nov 27th 2022 ;)
Settlement Plan acknowledgement: Nov 28th 2022 ;)

Any guesses for eCoPR estimated date for me?

sumeetbarua1380

Dec 5, 2020
PR App. submission: April 22nd, 2022:D
XEP: May 2nd 2022 :)
AOR: Sept 8th 2022 :D
Biometrics: Valid (from 2021) :cool:
Medical exam request: Nov 18th 2022 :eek:
Settlement Plan request: Nov 18th 2022 ;)
Medical exam done: Nov 21st 2022 ;)
Medical exam passed: Nov 25th 2022 o_O
Settlement Plan submitted: Nov 27th 2022 ;)
Settlement Plan acknowledgement: Nov 28th 2022 ;)

Any guesses for eCoPR estimated date for me?
Is your application Inland or Outland... also your country plz