+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Sherms

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
For inland applications, in case if a person application status changes to DM a week before their work permit/visitor record expiry and no PPR was done, still that person need to apply for work permit/visitor record extension?
In my opinion it's best to apply for an extension. It might take more than a week to get PPR.

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
Hmmm so I better get comfortable here. God only knows when this process will be complete. What if the baby is born in a visa exempt country like the U.S.?
Did you had your medicals done for your federal application .Doctors will never conduct x-ray on pregnant women ..And x-ray is part to complete your MR. so if a lady is pregnant her MR will be put on hold till she gives birth.

If you are done with MR then you don't need to worry.

Sherms

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Did you had your medicals done for your federal application .Doctors will never conduct x-ray on pregnant women ..And x-ray is part to complete your MR. so if a lady is pregnant her MR will be put on hold till she gives birth.

Oh my God are you serious? I haven't done it yet. This process is long enough already.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014

Here in USA , Radiologists are OK with X-ray of Chest of Pregnant Women as long as waiver is signed and lead apron is worn to protect Stomach area. Exposure is minimal and considered within safety limit. 2nd trimester is the best time to take such X-rays.

Another option would be to take all medical exams minus X-rays now and then take X-ray post delivery.

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
@Nala , @Macarad @highheel987 - Is it OK if I provide just print outs of bank statements from US and Canadian banks as proof of funds at time of landing OR do I need to get print outs stamped/notarized etc from Banks ?
Hi,

I just printed my statements from my online bank account. The border agent did not even look at them. She only wanted to know the number. I offered to show her the statements abd she said it was not necessary.
Maybe it has to do with taxes (in case you bring in a very large amount)??
Perhaps the others had a different experience.

Btw, congratulations to @Nala for her landing!! :)

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
Here in USA , Radiologists are OK with X-ray of Chest of Pregnant Women as long as waiver is signed and lead apron is worn to protect Stomach area. Exposure is minimal and considered within safety limit. 2nd trimester is the best time to take such X-rays.

Another option would be to take all medical exams minus X-rays now and then take X-ray post delivery.
Agreed ..Medical guidelines could differ as per the country..But I read in CIC about this hold on mr for pregnant .I will try to find the exact source...

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Congrats!!! @devmtl 1/3 DM counted for this week already. Looks look the cic spy here heard you:p
I Just got DM !!!! and Email for Passport Request.
I have been in Canada for a veryy long time on TRV and work permits !! Finally my day has come :)

Thanks everyone here for support and feedback.

Timeline
AOR Sep 2016
Med Feb 2017
DM Nov 2017 :)

Reactions: devmtl

Bestocoto

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
I Just got DM !!!! and Email for Passport Request.
I have been in Canada for a veryy long time on TRV and work permits !! Finally my day has come :)

Thanks everyone here for support and feedback.

Timeline
AOR Sep 2016
Med Feb 2017
DM Nov 2017 :)
Congratulations and good luck