+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
I think the first sounds more likely, as the second from the IVR is a very generic sentence that apply to everybody.
Agents sometimes don't know either. GCMS notes would have the official version, but even there, they only display what agents decided to show. I had security not started up until 7 days before my decision made, maybe later too. So don't worry too much about what they tell you, but ask for GCMS notes if you are close to the 100% progress bar.
My progress bar shows 60% at the moment, but GCMS sounds more likely as i truly agree that the agents on call dont have right/exact information
Also the reason i am saying about IVR is when i applied for my spouse’s WP the IVR was updated as and when his profile was updated(in terms of background and eligibility) not sure if its the case for PR as well
Thanks for the response

Last edited:

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
The Canadian charter of rights overrides Quebec's BS (Quebec thinks it is a separate country). A PR can live & work anywhere in Canada.

If you are white or look like a white and speaks fluent French, Quebec might be for you. Any other color variants even if they speak French, Quebec will discriminate you now or in the future by making new laws. The discrimination is built into Quebec's legal systems. Thats what we call systematic discrimination. Bill 101, Bill 21.. more bills might come from CAQ once the pandemic is over. Quebeckers are xenophobes and anti immigration.
The language police and CAQ party is working hard to discriminate people of color and other minorities. I decided that I do not want to be treated like a third class citizen and that too with the high tax bracket I am paying if I live in Quebec. People have different priorities, so its up to each one to decide. My personal experiences were racist and discriminatory so I left Quebec. I am very happy about that decision and have not felt discrimination or racism in Ontario. Montreal is a nice place for a tourist though.

Process wise, once you get your PR, your first landing should be in Montreal. Apply for SIN immediately after landing. Leave the province the next day.
Thank you for the advice Nikhil & hope to get some more in coming days. Neither white nor look alike and not so fluent in French either. I will take your advice and look accordingly to settle down. Read this news earlier today. Quebec businesses, other entities to be banned from getting English communications from province | CTV News . I totally understood your view. Thanks.

Reactions: Danni and Immstu

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Right now my ECAS shows Medical request sent. My IRCC account says medical passed, security in progress, as the generated message on the phone. Two agents on the phone confirmed that everything is passed, including security. Finally, I asked my MP to verify what’s going on and he confirmed the same story as the agents on the phone.

Brownjas97

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Right now my ECAS shows Medical request sent. My IRCC account says medical passed, security in progress, as the generated message on the phone. Two agents on the phone confirmed that everything is passed, including security. Finally, I asked my MP to verify what’s going on and he confirmed the same story as the agents on the phone.
Nobody knows what’s going on.. only GOD knows.. be patient.. nothing we can do.. Try to join the protest in montreal on MAY 15
May be immigration can bring something for quebec.
Because It’s not only quebec’s fault its Federal who’s putting us in Dark like batman.

Reactions: Kostas and DAS_1

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Nobody knows what’s going on.. only GOD knows.. be patient.. nothing we can do.. Try to join the protest in montreal on MAY 15
May be immigration can bring something for quebec.
Because It’s not only quebec’s fault its Federal who’s putting us in Dark like batman.
I think that my file is cursed, no other explanation :) I'll try to come Saturday.

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
I live & work in Quebec. My spouse lives in my home country.

I want to know, how IRCC will treat my application, as inland applicant or outland applicant? or I may face a big delay in my application process because an outland applicant is also included in my application?

Is anybody experiencing the same situation in their application process? Any Idea, please share.

noc173

Feb 2, 2021
Hello Friends,

Still stuck with Schedule A form, Address section. I know I should mentioned the residential address in this section and that should match against the Personal history section without gaps. But this is my situation:

I came to Canada in the end of Jan 2020 and stayed in hotel + airbnb before finalizing an apartment rental contract in the end of Feb 2020.

Then what should I enter in the Address section ? Should I include the Hotel + airbnb address in order not to have a Gap, or I should input my residential address starting from Feb 2020 which would result in 1 month gap, or I could input my residential address in Canada starting from Jan 2020 but this looks like an info misrepresentation ?

Please help advise. Thank you very much!

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Don’t worry.. we all are together.. i am also from aug 2018...
Still waiting.. hope for the best .
Me too. I always try to calm myself and hope all goes well and that we all hear good news soon. I am a July 2018 candidate and still waiting after my medicals passed expired in nov 2020 including my police certificates as well. No sign thereafter!

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hello Friends,

Still stuck with Schedule A form, Address section. I know I should mentioned the residential address in this section and that should match against the Personal history section without gaps. But this is my situation:

I came to Canada in the end of Jan 2020 and stayed in hotel + airbnb before finalizing an apartment rental contract in the end of Feb 2020.

Then what should I enter in the Address section ? Should I include the Hotel + airbnb address in order not to have a Gap, or I should input my residential address starting from Feb 2020 which would result in 1 month gap, or I could input my residential address in Canada starting from Jan 2020 but this looks like an info misrepresentation ?

Residential adresse is for more than 6 months if I don’t remember wrong. When I first came I stayed 1 week with relatives and 1 week in airbnb. I didn’t include these adresses in my application. You can write your one month adresse if you want, may be in travel section.

Last edited:
Reactions: noc173

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Me too. I always try to calm myself and hope all goes well and that we all hear good news soon. I am a July 2018 candidate and still waiting after my medicals passed expired in nov 2020 including my police certificates as well. No sign thereafter!
They will send you new request when everything else is ready.
My file is sitting ready for DM for more than a month but they don’t care after making me wait 42 months. They just put me in another queue like it’s the most natural thing. I can not even talk to someone who can make a difference. Accepting the things you can not change is a little bit challenging for me in this case :)

• Sad
Reactions: bassamkaaki

bodem

Jun 3, 2019
hi guys ! i did a little mistake in my generic form. i didnt put the right country for "passport issuance country" IRCC send me 2 updates since my AOR (April 2018) and none of them mentionned that mistake only for criminal records. Do you think its going to be a problem for me ?

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
hi guys ! i did a little mistake in my generic form. i didnt put the right country for "passport issuance country" IRCC send me 2 updates since my AOR (April 2018) and none of them mentionned that mistake only for criminal records. Do you think its going to be a problem for me ?
You can update your passport related information via web form.
It is very easy, just upload high quality scan and a doc file which explains it.
It takes at most 2 weeks them to update.
Then if you ask GCMS, you ll see that it is updated there as well.

Reactions: bodem

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Hello Friends,

You can add hotel etc. information to form. Even you stay several days, it won’t create a problem.

Reactions: noc173

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Hello Friends,

I wrote mine down. Better to give them more info than less. And absolutely no gaps. That small inconsistency could be enough for them to decide your file needs a deeper check. My lawyer sent my application back to me a few times (before sending it to the government of course) because she was quite adamant over this. I'd say err on the side of caution when dealing with the government.