+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Canada is not processing any outland candidates in any immigration programs. Ontario even wants to stop international student from entering the province. That's why IRCC created new program for people currently working or graduated in Canada. This people are living in the country right now, so they what to give them a chance. It's not fair for the outlands but this solution is cheaper and faster for them because most of the people who qualify has already a job or studied and live here. I don't think that IRCC will start processing outlands before the end of this year. The situation is very unstable and they have a solution for now.
Yes, IRCC said it's currently prioritizing applicants who are eligible to travel to Canada under COVID restrictions.

This is where we come to the same point again. If an international student or any other non-restricted traveller can enter to Canada with 3 days mandatory hotel quarantine, why an outland applicant can’t enter?

They should not use travel restrictions as an excuse, they should tell the real intention behind it. There might be some economical reasons, I understand. But those Outland people are not coming to exploit Canadian resources, many of them directly start to contribute economy in many ways.

For example, in my case, I won’t be even looking for a job. I will continue to work in my current company, it has a six figure salary. Believe me many people don’t even care the government subsidies or COVID paychecks. They just want this limbo to end.

Reactions: ballak1984

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
I think the reasons that they don't want outlands right now are, more people to care about, more people that they would need hospitalization and more people to pay benefits in case of 3rd or 4th wave and new shortages of work.
If these were the only issues with the whole Immigration process, from my point of view they would be understandable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Immstu

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
I think the reasons that they don't want outlands right now are, more people to care about, more people that they would need hospitalization and more people to pay benefits in case of 3rd or 4th wave and new shortages of work.
If these were the only issues with the whole Immigration process, from my point of you they would be understandable.
Then they think all other people who are eligible to travel Canada (including international students) are immune to COVID.

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
Well, the difference is that international students are customers who bring from their countries 20 billion per year. Don't you think that this is a good reason to accept them?

Reactions: m-s

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Well, the difference is that international students are customers who bring from their countries 20 billion per year. Don't you think that this is a good reason to accept them?
Again, you confessed that it is not a health issue, it is economical.
So; the health related points you have listed above are not valid. This is how IRCC acts as well. They use COVID pandemic as an excuse of travel restrictions even though it is not the real reason.

bodem

Jun 3, 2019
is there a chance IRCC cancel our files( outland files) like quebec did with 18000 files in 2018 ? im just asking because this situation is very stressful for outland applicants

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
Again, you confessed that it is not a health issue, it is economical.
So; the health related points you have listed above are not valid. This is how IRCC acts as well. They use COVID pandemic as an excuse of travel restrictions even though it is not the real reason.
The above listed points are economical not health related. They took in account what a student brings compared to a worker and of course the students, short-term bring more. They are customers.
You are not being objective, if you don't understand the difference.

Reactions: Immstu

Leokun

May 25, 2018
It’s not IRCC decision, it comes from the health institutions and Trudeau. The reality is that the health system is in very bad shape, letting more people in will only complicate the situation. Canada can survive for 1-2 years without new immigrants, but putting more pressure on the health and social system is risky.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
The above listed points are economical not health related. They took in account what a student brings compared to a worker and of course the students, short-term bring more. They are customers.
You are not being objective, if you don't understand the difference.
You are accusing me not being objective but I said the same. This decision is purely economical.
Health part is the thing that they use to rationalise their story.
If it was a health issue, they should also have not let international students to enter the country.

I don't want to repeat but I applied for QSW in 2014. Even before many of those current inland graduates/students were not in Canada.
Even before the "Express Entry" program started. There was no COVID, nothing.

While they are studying, my file was in progress.
When they are graduated, my file was still in progress.
When they applied for CSQ, my file was still in progress.
When they got CSQ and applied for federal stage, my file was still in progress.
Now, all those people's files are prioritised and my file is still in progress.

Tragic but there is nothing to do more than more waiting...

m-s

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
You are accusing me not being objective but I said the same. This decision is purely economical.
Health part is the thing that they use to rationalise their story.
If it was a health issue, they should also have not let international students to enter the country.

I don't want to repeat but I applied for QSW in 2014. Even before many of those current inland graduates/students were not in Canada.
Even before the "Express Entry" program started. There was no COVID, nothing.

While they are studying, my file was in progress.
When they are graduated, my file was still in progress.
When they applied for CSQ, my file was still in progress.
When they got CSQ and applied for federal stage, my file was still in progress.
Now, all those people's files are prioritised and my file is still in progress.

Tragic but there is nothing to do more than more waiting...
at least they can tell us how much time wil be procees ,their estimated time remaining is just a joke, when we know when our document will end we can manage our time and also our life.

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Guys, as person who just started my journey to get PR, I am very anxious (it’s normal for me to be :) ).

Do you have any advices how to not to think about your documents 24/7? Because I feel I can be exhausted if I will think about immigration for the next 2 years :D

We can’t even track progress until we get AOR, so it’s like - you are just blindly waiting.

Maybe you have any tips and tricks.

Reactions: DAS_1

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Guys, as person who just started my journey to get PR, I am very anxious (it’s normal for me to be :) ).

Do you have any advices how to not to think about your documents 24/7? Because I feel I can be exhausted if I will think about immigration for the next 2 years :D

We can’t even track progress until we get AOR, so it’s like - you are just blindly waiting.

Maybe you have any tips and tricks.
Forget about immigration for 2 years

Reactions: splat_plume