+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

nrmr82

Jan 9, 2018
Longueuil
Category........
QSW
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
July 2020
Doc's Request.
Nov 2020
Hi guys no AOR updates for a while i think. Are they going stall like last year for another year now?

Italy

May 23, 2020
Guys, as person who just started my journey to get PR, I am very anxious (it’s normal for me to be :) ).

Do you have any advices how to not to think about your documents 24/7? Because I feel I can be exhausted if I will think about immigration for the next 2 years :D

We can’t even track progress until we get AOR, so it’s like - you are just blindly waiting.

Maybe you have any tips and tricks.
I don't think you should be following this forum, if you want to avoid thinking about this process.

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
You are accusing me not being objective but I said the same. This decision is purely economical.
Health part is the thing that they use to rationalise their story.
If it was a health issue, they should also have not let international students to enter the country.

I don't want to repeat but I applied for QSW in 2014. Even before many of those current inland graduates/students were not in Canada.
Even before the "Express Entry" program started. There was no COVID, nothing.

While they are studying, my file was in progress.
When they are graduated, my file was still in progress.
When they applied for CSQ, my file was still in progress.
When they got CSQ and applied for federal stage, my file was still in progress.
Now, all those people's files are prioritised and my file is still in progress.

Tragic but there is nothing to do more than more waiting...
You haven't expended CAD20k-40k and leave all your relatives in your home country to start a long journey in another country studying and working at the same time and with the pressure to learn french on time. You are not at risk to return to your country because your work permit is close to expiring and you don't find the option to renew it.

The international students don't receive any benefit from the government, but if someone arrives as a PR after 3 months they receive economical support.

The international students don't have access to the public health system and someone with the PR yes.

Who warrants that someone arriving with the PR will get a job after a month of arriving? They need to avoid more charges to the system at this moment. Charges to the economical and public health systems.

DAS_1

Sep 26, 2020
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
You haven't expended CAD20k-40k and leave all your relatives in your home country to start a long journey in another country studying and working at the same time and with the pressure to learn french on time. You are not at risk to return to your country because your work permit is close to expiring and you don't find the option to renew it.

The international students don't receive any benefit from the government, but if someone arrives as a PR after 3 months they receive economical support.

The international students don't have access to the public health system and someone with the PR yes.

Who warrants that someone arriving with the PR will get a job after a month of arriving? They need to avoid more charges to the system at this moment. Charges to the economical and public health systems.
you have received AOR in 2021 March with Nov2020 XEP ???

thega

Mar 12, 2021
Guys, as person who just started my journey to get PR, I am very anxious (it’s normal for me to be :) ).

Do you have any advices how to not to think about your documents 24/7? Because I feel I can be exhausted if I will think about immigration for the next 2 years :D

We can’t even track progress until we get AOR, so it’s like - you are just blindly waiting.

Maybe you have any tips and tricks.
Try not to worry about it, I'm in the same position as you. Good news might be that they are speeding up 2019 and 2020 applications. 2019 applicants in Canada are getting their PRs like crazy now, not all but its speeding up. People of January 2020 already got their IVMs. Its making progress, that 27 months might decrease slightly soon.

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Try not to worry about it, I'm in the same position as you. Good news might be that they are speeding up 2019 and 2020 applications. 2019 applicants in Canada are getting their PRs like crazy now, not all but its speeding up. People of January 2020 already got their IVMs. Its making progress, that 27 months might decrease slightly soon.
Thank you!

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
Hello all,
I need your advice/suggestion based on your experience.
I called IRCC today and they told me that my eligibility and security has not started just the criminality and info sharing is in progress.
On the other had when i call and listen to the IVR it says we are reviewing your eligibility and also background check is in process. I am so confused and not sure what to believe

Timeline: Dec 2019
AOR: 31st March
Waiting for MR

thanks in advance

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
I can understand how painful is it for both inland and outland applicants. However it makes sense to process inland applications for the time being, for tons of reasons. At the same time its unfair at all neglecting outland applicants this wat, someone should man up at IRCC and say something. Despite of real or made reasons, health or economic related, people out there deserve some attention.... when it comes to contribution to the economy of Canada, many of outland applicants are already contributing, for instance, I have hired a local agent in Canada and believe me they aint any cheap! Moreover we do also pay the fees of IRCC and MIFI etc....
If I would get my money back from the agent and authorities in Canada I would give up the whole thing. Am not sure Canada is a dream for me anymore.... am into the 28th month and the last time I have heard from them was in March 2020 when I received the pre-arrival shiiiixxxt. I would say to all hold ur temper and be nice to each others, its aint ur fault, its their irresponsibility and non transparency that are making us going crazy. Good luck to you all and stay safe and I really wish you would all get some gd news soon...

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017

I don’t know why are you targeting me. I am here to share my thoughts and my experiences. I m really not up to rude against other people, we are all in the same boat.

Just don’t prejudge before knowing nothing about others. Let me tell you my story.

I decided to pursue another option after the 4th year of my ongoing Canadian PR process and I left my homeland. Because at that time, I was so desperate and had almost lost all my hope against Canadian immigration process.

Then; I’ve started a long journey, a new life and also a new language (German).
Now, I am holding their residence permit as well. Living and working here for 2.5 years.
In the meantime my Canadian process still continues. What a joke!

Reactions: Immstu and aeya

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
I don’t know why are you targeting me. I am here to share my thoughts and my experiences. I m really not up to rude against other people, we are all in the same boat.

Just don’t prejudge before knowing nothing about others. Let me tell you my story.

I decided to pursue another option after the 4th year of my ongoing Canadian PR process and I left my homeland. Because at that time, I was so desperate and had almost lost all my hope against Canadian immigration process.

Then; I’ve started a long journey, a new life and also a new language (German).
Now, I am holding their residence permit as well. Living and working here for 2.5 years.
In the meantime my Canadian process still continues. What a joke!
I don't judge you. My purpose wasn't to be rude to you, never But only when you are living abroad and your immigration status is uncertain you will face a lot of stress, and especially when you are with children.
You know that you haven't do anything wrong and you wait for the positive result of your request, but until you don't see the final decision everything can happen. If someone is living in his home country is less challenging, believe me. If you feel offended by my comment excuse me, and I wish for everyone that they get their PR

Reactions: Italy and ValeriaS

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
I don't judge you. My purpose wasn't to be rude to you, never But only when you are living abroad and your immigration status is uncertain you will face a lot of stress, and especially when you are with children.
You know that you haven't do anything wrong and you wait for the positive result of your request, but until you don't see the final decision everything can happen. If someone is living in his home country is less challenging, believe me. If you feel offended by my comment excuse me, and I wish for everyone that they get their PR
I agree with you. For example: I live in Canada for three years, I have my job, friends, but more importantly I have my partner who is Canadian and we are happy together. However tbh I feel so stressed sometimes that, for example, my PR can be rejected and my relationship will go through challenge because of that.
I can’t even concentrate on our future together!

Also a lot of people on closed work permits are tight up to shitty employer while they are wilting for PRs inland :(

I guess every situation has pros and cons.

Reactions: DAS_1

Italy

May 23, 2020
Hello all,
I need your advice/suggestion based on your experience.
I called IRCC today and they told me that my eligibility and security has not started just the criminality and info sharing is in progress.
On the other had when i call and listen to the IVR it says we are reviewing your eligibility and also background check is in process. I am so confused and not sure what to believe

Timeline: Dec 2019
AOR: 31st March
Waiting for MR

thanks in advance
I think the first sounds more likely, as the second from the IVR is a very generic sentence that applies to everybody.
Agents sometimes don't know either. GCMS notes would have the official version, but even there, they only display what agents decided to show. I had security not started up until 7 days before my decision made, maybe later too. So don't worry too much about what they tell you, but ask for GCMS notes if you are close to the 100% progress bar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zgajipurwala