+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Italy

May 23, 2020
https://vancouversun.com/business/douglas-todd-quebec-to-get-10-times-more-than-b-c-and-ontario-to-settle-immigrants?fbclid=IwAR2gQQrss8bByKBiyXykX_ymErrXENRoFjGGQ0I4TQtJ6T50ahbd8rzLjzk

What are xenophobes doing with this money meant for immigrants? They are taking money from one hand and throwing spanner in the works from other hand. Height of shamelessness.
All the french-speaking temporary residents, waiting for the permanent residency, don't need any service at all, as already settled in Quebec. Yet Quebec takes 20000 for each immigrant!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
All the french-speaking temporary residents, waiting for the permanent residency, don't need any service at all, as already settled in Quebec. Yet Quebec takes 20000 for each immigrant!
Government made up of petty thieves and crooks. They don't care about french speakers as is clearly evident. They are on way to make this already backward province prehistoric.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Give it back to the people, victims of your shitty politics. Students are playing their education, workers - taxes and all kind of experience on their own. In return they are not receiving even a fair traitement of their applications, on both provincial and federal levels. Quebec’s immigration policies are very very disappointing!
Take the people already in the province, that will cost you about 0$. At the end Quebec is going to loose the federal subsidy because of it’s own stupidity.

Reactions: Italy and Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Give it back to the people, victims of your shitty politics. Students are playing their education, workers - taxes and all kind of experience on their own. In return they are not receiving even a fair traitement of their applications, on both provincial and federal levels. Quebec’s immigration policies are very very disappointing!
Take the people already in the province, that will cost you about 0$. At the end Quebec is going to loose the federal subsidy because of it’s own stupidity.
Xenophobia is addictive and communicable. Retards drool over xenophobic policies. Wait for the time when industries slowly exit Quebec. Already full fee paying students are opting for other provinces. Let this government bask in xenophobic glory. It is bound to bring them on their knees sooner than later. No evil lasts long.

Harsaint

Apr 26, 2021
Passed meds on the 23rd of March.. Or something to that effect.. I called last Wednesday and the agent told me my file's security step wasn't started.. I don't even think she checked tbh.. But I know for sure my security wasn't started at the start of March..
I'm also in the same boat
AOR -June 2019
Pre-arrival-Sep 2020
MR-->8 March
MR passed-->24 Pass
GHost update ->16 April and DM on ECAS
Called IRCC they said the File has been finalized and sent to local office
No update afterward

Last edited:

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
I'm also in the same boat
AOR -June 2019
Pre-arrival-Sep 2020
MR-->8 March
MR passed-->24 Pass
GHost update ->16 April and DM on ECAS
Called IRCC they said the File has been finalized and sent to local office
No update afterward
Yup. Exactly the same boat as you. Hopefully we hear some good news this week, better still, today!

Reactions: Harsaint

Leokun

May 25, 2018
I'm starting to see a pattern here,: about 35-40 days after the medical request was sent we have DM and another 2-3weeks CoPR.

Reactions: Immstu

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Medicals probably start same time as security or a little before it. If your security is straightforward, it should be finalized quickly. I have visited about 25 countries, lived in another for a few years and also have military experience in my home country so it took about a month. Some people take days, some weeks.. others years. So, the only pattern would be the length of time to get an update after your medical would be an indication of how much security checks your file is going through. (My guess is anything more than a few months indicates it's in a more extensive review). When I did call to ask on my file, I was told the so called 'ghost update' was my agent switching my file's security step to passed.

Who knows though. This is all an opinion and guesswork. I've been wrong many times.. Some agents have told me one thing and others a completely different thing.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Medicals probably start same time as security or a little before it. If your security is straightforward, it should be finalized quickly. I have visited about 25 countries, lived in another for a few years and also have military experience in my home country so it took about a month. Some people take days, some weeks.. others years. So, the only pattern would be the length of time to get an update after your medical would be an indication of how much security checks your file is going through. (My guess is anything more than a few months indicates it's in a more extensive review). When I did call to ask on my file, I was told the so called 'ghost update' was my agent switching my file's security step to passed.

Who knows though. This is all an opinion and guesswork. I've been wrong many times.. Some agents have told me one thing and others a completely different thing.
Yes, in case you pass the security of course :)

Italy

May 23, 2020

I would not trust the agents. I think your guess may be accurate. The long time the security checks are not started, after criminality is passed (1 year for me), may reflect the time our file is put into a long queue, to be picked up by CBSA or CSIS ( I did have a record on CBSA, but nothing on CSIS).
I will soon receive updated GCMS notes, hopefully, and will write here any timelines for the security checks I can get from there.

Last edited:

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Is it possible to figure out that Sydney office got my mail? Unfortunately I sent it without tracking number and now I am worrying.
Or I just need to wait for XEP?

How long usually XEP takes? And how do you receive it? Through email?

Last edited:

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Is it possible to figure out that Sydney office got my mail? Unfortunately I sent it without tracking number and now I am worrying.

Canada post are very reliable, you don’t have to worry. When did you send the documents?

DAS_1

Sep 26, 2020
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes

XEP usually takes less than 30 days

Reactions: ValeriaS

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
I would not trust the agents. I think your guess may be accurate. The long time the security checks are not started, after criminality is passed (1 year for me), may reflect the time our file is put into a long queue, to be picked up by CBSA or CSIS ( I did have a record on CBSA, but nothing on CSIS).
I will soon receive updated GCMS notes, hopefully, and will write here any timelines for the security checks I can get from there.
I wonder if that means I'll have to wait till August or so for my DM to change to CoPR.. Since my file started 4 months after you and my IRCC account says the file's estimated due date is in August..