+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
Hi Kostas,

try to call another agent again , I have the same issue one agent told me my criminal check is started but i called 3 agents after that call and all of them told me that my criminal check hasn't been started.
I had ordered GCMS notes and its written there too, that the criminality is in progress since the XEP date. Just as I wasn't familiar with the whole process I didn't pay attention to it.
But I will call again in few days and see what they will say.
I think the explanation that Immstu gave earlier is close to reality.

Reactions: Immstu

m-s

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
Just got a ghost update in my file

DF: Aug 8 2019
AR: Feb 17, 2021
IVM: Mar 3, 2021
LSAA: Mar 4, 2021
VM: Mar 8, 2021
VMF: Mar 19, 2021
Ghost update: April 2, 2021
DP: ??
COPR :??
i don't know what is ghost update ? is it estimated time bar disappear in CIC account ?

Leokun

May 25, 2018
i don't know what is ghost update ? is it estimated time bar disappear in CIC account ?
That is when the bar disappeared and appear again. People start thinking that this means something. I posted a video a few days ago in which two lawyer explain the non-sense of the bar and the hole GCMS system created in 2002. Now, IRCC is working on a new system but it will take from 2 to 7 years to implement.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
I think that my post has buried and I would really appreciate the opinion of the more experienced members.
Today I called IRCC and agent told me that the background check is in progress, the only communication before that, was the XEP number.
I applied on July 2020, is this something usual and what to expect after that in terms of timeline?
If your background check is in progress that is very good news for you since you applied less than an year ago. Before the official processing time expires you can do absolutely nothing! Even if you write to Justine, nobody will bother to answer you.
If I was you I would stop worrying and calling till 20-25 months. Try to take away your thoughts from this for the moment, enjoy the coming summer.
This is my advice to all 2020 applicants!

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Thanks,The reason for asking was also to know if i get medical request and if i am not in canada and i do my medicals in my home country(where i am planning to go for 1 month) will they consider it as an outland applicant?
Thanks
I don't think that you will be treated as an outland candidate. They need a certified doctor, it's not specified where. The chance that you are going to receive the MR in this 1 month window are really not so big.

m-s

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
That is when the bar disappeared and appear again. People start thinking that this means something. I posted a video a few days ago in which two lawyer explain the non-sense of the bar and the hole GCMS system created in 2002. Now, IRCC is working on a new system but it will take from 2 to 7 years to implement.
yes you are right I saw that video too, the timeline of my profile disappear two or tree time from 1 year ago and nothing happened.

Andremory87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
yes you are right I saw that video too, the timeline of my profile disappear two or tree time from 1 year ago and nothing happened.
A ghost update has nothing to do with the bar disappearing. In fact it has nothing to do with the bar.
it’s when your profile says “updated” instead of “submitted” on my cic , but you don’t see any actual update. It means your profile was updated in the background and you’re about to get COPR in a couple days.
see here:

https://discussions.myimmitracker.com/t/application-stages-what-they-mean-mep-ip1-ip2-ghost-update-version-2019/12272

Ghost Update #3 or Final Ghost Update - Often considered a sign that PPR is coming soon. Not seen by all applicants.

If you look through the forums, most people who get a ghost update after medical get COPR or an additional request of documents within one week

Reactions: condor3 and m-s

Andremory87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
This is not true, that’s not a ghost update

Reactions: splat_plume

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Someone randomly touches your file snd it’s an update, you can just guess. I have more than 60 entries on my GCMS notes, half if them failed to go through. Giving false hope on unclear signs that your application is moving because it happened to certain amount people in particular forum. Who garanties that your application is processed in that order!? I don’t really get it.

Andremory87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Someone randomly touches your file snd it’s an update, you can just guess. I have more than 60 entries on my GCMS notes, half if them failed to go through. Giving false hope on unclear signs that your application is moving because it happened to certain amount people in particular forum. Who garanties that your application is processed in that order!? I don’t really get it.

see here, and do your research on internet about ghost updates before you judge things. There are tons of threads on ghost updates

https://discussions.myimmitracker.com/t/application-stages-what-they-mean-mep-ip1-ip2-ghost-update-version-2019/12272

Reactions: splat_plume

Andremory87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
see here, and do your research on internet about ghost updates before you judge things. There are tons of threads on ghost updates

Oh and my ecas just changed to “decision made”, one day after the ghost update.

So not giving false hope, rather informed facts. There are dozens of threads about ghost updates on this forum and everywhere, like here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ghost-update-question.683852/

Just because you don’t know about them, it doesn’t mean they aren’t real or represent anything. And you are the one giving fake information saying that a ghost update relates to the progress bar, just because your friend made a video about it (which has nothing to do with the term I was speaking of).
Ghost updates are a thing and a simple google search will show you that.

Last edited:

Leokun

May 25, 2018

So not giving false hope, rather informed facts. There are dozens of threads about ghost updates on this forum and everywhere, like here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ghost-update-question.683852/

Just because you don’t know about them, it doesn’t mean they aren’t real or represent anything. And you are the one giving fake information saying that a ghost update relates to the progress bar, just because your friend made a video about it (which has nothing to do with the term I was speaking of).
That may happened in your case but it's not valid for everyone. Your source of information is a just a website. My friend is not MY friend but a immigration lawyer and ex-immigration agent. Let's trust everything that people publish on internet and call people names!
Enjoy your DM!

Andremory87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
That may happened in your case but it's not valid for everyone. Your source of information is a just a website. My friend is not MY friend but a immigration lawyer and ex-immigration agent. Let's trust everything that people publish on internet and call people names!
Enjoy your DM!
It’s not just a website.... there are dozens and dozens of websites explaining what a ghost update is. And tons of people discuss about it in this forum. I’ve had two ghost updates in my profile, one the day before the medical, and one before my DM. And many of my friends did so. But you’re just denying it’s a thing, just because you never heard about them before.

oh and look, a video from an immigration agency office discussing the steps of PR for EE and it discusses ghost updates:

And here’s a goofy (but informative)video that someone made about ghost updates:

Ghost updates happen in work permit applications, study permit applications, and PR applications and they are a thing
It’s like saying “the XEP number is not real, just because people mention it in a website we should not trust it.”

Last edited:

m-s

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
It’s not just a website.... there are dozens and dozens of websites explaining what a ghost update is. And tons of people discuss about it in this forum. I’ve had two ghost updates in my profile, one the day before the medical, and one before my DM. And many of my friends did so. But you’re just denying it’s a thing, just because you never heard about them before.

oh and look, a video from an immigration agency office discussing the steps of PR for EE and it discusses ghost updates:

And here’s a goofy (but informative)video that someone made about ghost updates:

Ghost updates happen in work permit applications, study permit applications, and PR applications and they are a thing
It’s like saying “the XEP number is not real, just because people mention it in a website we should not trust it.”
Both of them were informative
Thanks for the info
and as you sent a link, like it said:
  1. Remember that these are not “official” stages, but they are used frequently throughout the forum to track the processing of applications.

Maryamt

Feb 21, 2013

Congratulations on your DM. Are you inland or outland?