+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
So based on this facts, one can make a prognostic argument. Say, mistakes could happen at the "digitization process" of files-from their end, and a duly signed and complet application, which was well-presented at the time of deposit-could risk being returned to applicant's doorstep, from the hand of the officer-after 18 months, then..??..??!!.!.!?!.

I really wish that officer use XEP letter as a bridge between first and second submission of that file, in order to consider the actual date of submission-indicated on that darn XEP letter as a lock-in date.
Let's see what happens. Our wishes, hopes, assumptions, speculations etc. play a zero role to them

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
I have the same exact responses, (July 2018 applicant) except that I did my medicals before your correspondence (number 5) and they were passed and thereafter received a response for the PCC's. My medicals expired November 2020 and I am waiting for the next reply from IRCC since then.
I called ircc yesterday
-eligibility not start
-security not start
Which means nothing is in progress since 2020 july at which month I passed criminal.

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
hi, just checking, anyone else with similar timeline or before left from the unlucky batch of 2018 last quarter ? just to get some hopes..
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 19, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 26, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on February 26, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on February 26, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. - ( This was PCC , they asked for my Spouse who is not even accompanying, and this was sent ).

I have not heard from IRCC after that, I am sure, next is medical as they might have been expired already.
I called them and they have been saying that eligibility is passed and the application is on Background check since almost 5 months now....
Dont know wheere this is leading toooo...
My application was received on Nov 19, 2018 as well. I got ADR in Feb 2020 and MR in Nov 2020 (passed in Nov 2020).

No news since then. CBSA notes show that my security check deadline was Feb 2020 but the status still shows as "not started".

Yesternight I saw a strange "profile updated" message, but nothing special has happened after that. With most employers avoiding immigration paperwork for potential employers, I hope I get my PR soon.

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
My application was received on Nov 19, 2018 as well. I got ADR in Feb 2020 and MR in Nov 2020 (passed in Nov 2020).

No news since then. CBSA notes show that my security check deadline was Feb 2020 but the status still shows as "not started".

Yesternight I saw a strange "profile updated" message, but nothing special has happened after that. With most employers avoiding immigration paperwork for potential employers, I hope I get my PR soon.
Did you checked ECAS ? If medical is done then next profile update is for DM which only reflects in ECAS but nothing on application.

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
I called ircc yesterday
-eligibility not start
-security not start
Which means nothing is in progress since 2020 july at which month I passed criminal.
That's strange...the first step is to pass eligibility then rest process continues..I think agent gave some wrong info...did you receive pre arrival email??

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Did you checked ECAS ? If medical is done then next profile update is for DM which only reflects in ECAS but nothing on application.
Yup. Nothing changed on ECAS. I'm thinking maybe they started the security check. Or maybe they changed something else internally which I'll know only when I get my next set of GCMS notes.

sachin dabra

Mar 27, 2019
That's strange...the first step is to pass eligibility then rest process continues..I think agent gave some wrong info...did you receive pre arrival email??
Yes, eligibility should be passed first, before the medicals are approved.

Like in my case, IRCC agent said, Eligibility is passed.
Criminality is passed.
Background check is in progress
Medicals are expired, so will be asked again.

Is security and background check two different things..
is it possible my background check would take longer, as I lived in two different countries before for more then 6 months ( India and in UK for 4 hours ( Work project ) and now Canada is my 3rd country of residence.
I submitted PCC from all 3 countries...

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Yes, eligibility should be passed first, before the medicals are approved.

Like in my case, IRCC agent said, Eligibility is passed.
Criminality is passed.
Background check is in progress
Medicals are expired, so will be asked again.

Is security and background check two different things..
is it possible my background check would take longer, as I lived in two different countries before for more then 6 months ( India and in UK for 4 hours ( Work project ) and now Canada is my 3rd country of residence.
I submitted PCC from all 3 countries...
There are two checks..security which is done by agencies and criminality which is done based on PCC you provided. Criminality is quick as it is done based on PCC but securiy as it is done by agencies it might take time but not more then 3 months I guess. i also provided PCC for India and UK and there was no issue for security...so all will be good its just time they take for no reason....i got my copr on 15th Jan and I filed my application on dec 2018.

sachin dabra

Mar 27, 2019
There are two checks..security which is done by agencies and criminality which is done based on PCC you provided. Criminality is quick as it is done based on PCC but securiy as it is done by agencies it might take time but not more then 3 months I guess. i also provided PCC for India and UK and there was no issue for security...so all will be good its just time they take for no reason....i got my copr on 15th Jan and I filed my application on dec 2018.
well its way over 3 months that i have been hearing since summers 2020, that its on background check..
Your timeline and profile is similar to mine.
The only difference i filed in November 2018 and you in Dec 2018..
Also I did medicals upfront, as I chose QSW over EE invitation which i received , since i was already living in Montreal.
I hope to get medical request and PR soon..

Mauvaise_vibe

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
Let's see what happens. Our wishes, hopes, assumptions, speculations etc. play a zero role to them
Sadely, that's a bitter truth for applicants, which everybody is ignoring to accept on cyberspace.:( But, it becomes joyful truth-once accepted.:D

However, if IRCC starts considering all these theories, officers would end up being in a vicious cycle of following new policy each day-instead of processing existing inventory:confused:

Mauvaise_vibe

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
well its way over 3 months that i have been hearing since summers 2020, that its on background check..
Your timeline and profile is similar to mine.
The only difference i filed in November 2018 and you in Dec 2018..
Also I did medicals upfront, as I chose QSW over EE invitation which i received , since i was already living in Montreal.
I hope to get medical request and PR soon..
Hi,

What are the possible effects on QSWP application process one could imagine after having done the upfront medical test without receiving official correspondence from officer?:rolleyes:

Danni

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
QSW
2021.1.20 MR from my agent today, i am going to book the time to do this.....Added into my signature.

Reactions: mxqc

mtlog

Nov 23, 2020
I am just wondering, do you need to submit a police certificate for Canada, if you have only lived here from age of 18?

sachin dabra

Mar 27, 2019
Hi,

What are the possible effects on QSWP application process one could imagine after having done the upfront medical test without receiving official correspondence from officer?:rolleyes:
My case was different, I was waited for CSQ for almost years and then gave up and applied for Express entry and got the ITA.. In EE , you do medicals upfront.. While i did my medicals.. I also received my CSQ, so at that point I had to decide if i should go with EE or QSWP.. Consulted my agent, he suggested its better you go QSWP and we can use the same medical results which I did for EE. so thats how i ended up using medicals upfront, anyways they are expired now..
In Ideal situation, medicals should always be done, after receiving the official letter from IRCC.. as it keeps your file flowing.. in my opinion.