+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

mtlog

Nov 23, 2020
I applied for PR through Quebec (PEQ). I sent in my application to CPC SYDNEY, last year. Can I go and study in another country whilst waiting for my PR? I am planning on doing a language course in Europe for a semester.

Italy

May 23, 2020
I applied for PR through Quebec (PEQ). I sent in my application to CPC SYDNEY, last year. Can I go and study in another country whilst waiting for my PR? I am planning on doing a language course in Europe for a semester.
Pretty sure you can, but I think you need to notify them of your change of address.

Montreal_grad_student

May 31, 2018
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
4021/ 4012 / 4031
Yes. But a few things to keep in mind. If you are currently still in Quebec on a PGWP, the expiration date of the permit won't change if you leave. In other words, you'd be using up some of the Permit time even while outside Canada. And you can only apply for a PGWP once, as you probably know ( recent policy change notwithstanding).

You can return to Canada on your PGWP (or pending application) as long as you have a valid TRV (if required) or an eTA.

If your question is whether you're allowed to "study" given that CSQ holders aren't allowed to do so, that only applies inside Canada.

One other thing: if you change your address as @Italy said, you may be treated as an outland applicant. Not sure about this. Can someone who has better knowledge about this confirm whether your status as inland or outland is determined by where you were when you submitted or by most recent address they have on file?

Hope this helps.

mtlog

Nov 23, 2020
Pretty sure you can, but I think you need to notify them of your change of address.
Actually, I would be keeping my apartment here, I will only be gone for 3 months. Would I still need to notify them of a change in address? I only have an XEP number

mtlog

Nov 23, 2020
Yes. But a few things to keep in mind. If you are currently still in Quebec on a PGWP, the expiration date of the permit won't change if you leave. In other words, you'd be using up some of the Permit time even while outside Canada. And you can only apply for a PGWP once, as you probably know ( recent policy change notwithstanding).

You can return to Canada on your PGWP (or pending application) as long as you have a valid TRV (if required) or an eTA.

If your question is whether you're allowed to "study" given that CSQ holders aren't allowed to do so, that only applies inside Canada.

One other thing: if you change your address as @Italy said, you may be treated as an outland applicant. Not sure about this. Can someone who has better knowledge about this confirm whether your status as inland or outland is determined by where you were when you submitted or by most recent address they have on file?

Hope this helps.
Yes, I am in Quebec on a PGWP that expires in 2023, so I think I have enough time. I will only be gone for 3-4 months. I just wante dto verify if I could study outside Canada.

Do I have to change my address if I still have my apartment?

Italy

May 23, 2020
Actually, I would be keeping my apartment here, I will only be gone for 3 months. Would I still need to notify them of a change in address? I only have an XEP number
If it's only for 3 months and you keep your apartment, I don't think you need to tell them. They may ask you to update your travel history at the end of the process, but that's it.

Reactions: mtlog

Leokun

May 25, 2018
If it's only for 3 months and you keep your apartment, I don't think you need to tell them. They may ask you to update your travel history at the end of the process, but that's it.
The question is: are you allowed to enter Canada since you don't have a job and you are not PR a cause to the Covid situation? Check before you make any plans.

Reactions: Italy

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Admissions below target levels for 2020
The year 2020 has been marked by an unprecedented health crisis. The economic slowdown combined with the closing of borders and travel restrictions had an impact on achieving the Québec Immigration Plan for 2020. Indeed, the number of immigration admissions was significantly curbed.

In 2020, only 59 to 70% of planned admissions were achieved, that is, between 25 600 and 30 500 people. The estimated range of unfulfilled admissions is between 13 000 and 18 0001.

Maintaining the focus on the multi-year planning targets for 2021

The Québec Immigration Plan for 2021 will aim for a permanent immigration level of 44 500 to 47 500 admissions as set out in the current multi-year plan.

A rebalancing is also planned with the admission of an additional 7000 people, representing the deferment of some of the admissions that were not fulfilled in 2020 due to the health crisis. Economic immigration should represent 62% of all immigration in 2021.

In order to ensure the flow of admissions in the future, the MIFI plans to issue, in 2021, between 26 500 and 31 200 Québec selection certificates in the categories under its jurisdiction.

Source:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/news/news-2020/immigration-plan-2021.html

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
The year 2020 has been marked by an unprecedented health crisis. The economic slowdown combined with the closing of borders and travel restrictions had an impact on achieving the Québec Immigration Plan for 2020. Indeed, the number of immigration admissions was significantly curbed.

In 2020, only 59 to 70% of planned admissions were achieved, that is, between 25 600 and 30 500 people. The estimated range of unfulfilled admissions is between 13 000 and 18 0001.

The Québec Immigration Plan for 2021 will aim for a permanent immigration level of 44 500 to 47 500 admissions as set out in the current multi-year plan.

A rebalancing is also planned with the admission of an additional 7000 people, representing the deferment of some of the admissions that were not fulfilled in 2020 due to the health crisis. Economic immigration should represent 62% of all immigration in 2021.

In order to ensure the flow of admissions in the future, the MIFI plans to issue, in 2021, between 26 500 and 31 200 Québec selection certificates in the categories under its jurisdiction.

Source:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/news/news-2020/immigration-plan-2021.html
Good that they are rolling over the leftover inventory to 2021 but existing pile is already huge (way above the released levels of 2020 leftovers + 2021 combined) and then 30k new csq's this year. I am not good with maths but as a layman I don't see any improvement in already existing sluggish processing.

Reactions: Mauvaise_vibe

Mauvaise_vibe

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
This is what it's.

Reality certainly breaks the dreams.
Say, farewell to dreams then. :)

Say, Thee or thy must start adapting to realities before becoming a patrician of a glorious patria then;).

Hey, by the way do you think, soon IRCC will allow officers to send "deficiency letters" to QSWP applicants(mid july2019) once an application deemed incomplete or malicious? :rolleyes:
Or
Officers have discretionary power to issue deficiency letters, instead of returning the whole package back?:rolleyes:

Any thoughts:)

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Say, farewell to dreams then. :)

Say, Thee or thy must start adapting to realities before becoming a patrician of a glorious patria then;).

Hey, by the way do you think, soon IRCC will allow officers to send "deficiency letters" to QSWP applicants(mid july2019) once an application deemed incomplete or malicious? :rolleyes:
Or
Officers have discretionary power to issue deficiency letters, instead of returning the whole package back?:rolleyes:

Any thoughts:)
Panel of lawyers dealing with IRCC and certain immigration groups have requested them not to return whole package as some files are on the verge of having expired CSQ's. I hope they listen. Things would be more clear once they start issuing AOR. For xep they gave tender to third party for digitizing all post July 2019 files but AOR's can only be issued by IRCC officers after checking content of files.

Reactions: Zgajipurwala

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
One of my friend is getting transferred to Montreal! I just want to know that carrying an educational transcript (Undergraduate Degree) right now is going to help in future for PR/PNP Application?

Is it possible for him to get his educational credential evaluation before the PR/PNP application?

I am clueless about Quebec! Please help!

Montreal_grad_student

May 31, 2018
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
4021/ 4012 / 4031

Source:
This is utter insanity. They're issuing more CSQs to "rebalance" immigration targets but then they're limiting how many files the Feds (or so the Feds claim) can process. This is such condescending systemic obfuscation. When is someone going to do something about this? How has no one sued both parties yet? The Feds need to process exactly as many applications as CSQs issued by Quebec each year. (Cue the "PR is a privilege not a right" nonsense...)

Reactions: ndse2

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
This is utter insanity. They're issuing more CSQs to "rebalance" immigration targets but then they're limiting how many files the Feds (or so the Feds claim) can process. This is such condescending systemic obfuscation. When is someone going to do something about this? How has no one sued both parties yet? The Feds need to process exactly as many applications as CSQs issued by Quebec each year. (Cue the "PR is a privilege not a right" nonsense...)
As far as public know the pending number of files is only speculative journalism. Either MIFI or IRCC need to publish an article as to how many files are pending. 2021 targets seems to be more than 55000 in number and if 60% of it is economic immigration then that number is well over 33000 and should cover all 2019+2020 applications. Any new applications since Jan 2021 will have to see how the quota changes for 2022.

Reactions: ndse2

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
I received today the GCMS Notes from IRCC, after less than 1 month from requesting it (I expected worse).
So in December, after almost 24 months since I sent the application, it was:
Eligibility: passed
Criminality: passed
Info sharing: complete:
Medical: not started
Security: not started

I hope the "Security: not started" is not really true, as I have read in this forum that somebody had "not started", but the agent said they were in progress, otherwise what a disappointment..
Hi,
did you get a pre-arrival letter? I want to figure out if PAL means eligibility passed. For me 30 month passed without a PAL and eligibility not even start!