+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Italy

May 23, 2020
Hi,
did you get a pre-arrival letter? I want to figure out if PAL means eligibility passed. For me 30 month passed without a PAL and eligibility not even start!
yes, I got the pre-arrival letter in March and I think it means eligibility passed, as it happened around the same time. Did you ask them why this is happening for you?

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
yes, I got the pre-arrival letter in March and I think it means eligibility passed, as it happened around the same time. Did you ask them why this is happening for you?
YES, I asked for several times and the answer is always "due to covid-19"

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Such a non-sense, since they have been giving PRs to people that applied after us...
That will be terrible, if there are some other reasons REALLY cause the delay, but CIC did not notice that. They are using "covid-19" as an excuse for everything.

• Sad
Reactions: Italy

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
One of my friend is getting transferred to Montreal! I just want to know that carrying an educational transcript (Undergraduate Degree) right now is going to help in future for PR/PNP Application?

Is it possible for him to get his educational credential evaluation before the PR/PNP application?

I am clueless about Quebec! Please

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
One of my friend is getting transferred to Montreal! I just want to know that carrying an educational transcript (Undergraduate Degree) right now is going to help in future for PR/PNP Application?

Is it possible for him to get his educational credential evaluation before the PR/PNP application?

I am clueless about Quebec! Please
QSWP is not the same as the Express Entry. The education will be taken into consideration before a provincial nomination(CSQ) is granted under the PEQ(student) by studies. To obtain the CSQ under the PEQ by studies, the diploma should be obtained inside Quebec.

ndse2

Jul 15, 2019
This is utter insanity. They're issuing more CSQs to "rebalance" immigration targets but then they're limiting how many files the Feds (or so the Feds claim) can process. This is such condescending systemic obfuscation. When is someone going to do something about this? How has no one sued both parties yet? The Feds need to process exactly as many applications as CSQs issued by Quebec each year. (Cue the "PR is a privilege not a right" nonsense...)
This does not happen , hence the pendency .

Leokun

May 25, 2018

I am clueless about Quebec! Please help!
He needs French too for CSQ (Quebec nomination program).

Leokun

May 25, 2018
This is utter insanity. They're issuing more CSQs to "rebalance" immigration targets but then they're limiting how many files the Feds (or so the Feds claim) can process. This is such condescending systemic obfuscation. When is someone going to do something about this? How has no one sued both parties yet? The Feds need to process exactly as many applications as CSQs issued by Quebec each year. (Cue the "PR is a privilege not a right" nonsense...)
Everything Quebec's government do is to fix the previous mistakes they made. This government is out of common sense. They can not stand behind the people they already choose, why they are even issuing CSQ!? Really sad story.

mtlog

Nov 23, 2020
The question is: are you allowed to enter Canada since you don't have a job and you are not PR a cause to the Covid situation? Check before you make any plans.
Yes, I believe so. I read on the website that you can enter Canada if you have a valid PGWP and you "normally live in Canada" I am not sure what that means entirely though

"As a worker, your travel is non-discretionary if you’re in either of these situations:

• You have a valid work permit and normally live in Canada.
    • This applies even if you’ve been laid off."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/foreign-workers.html

Saï Ram 15

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
I'm planning on doing immigration to québec.. my profile
Ielts - clb 9
Delf - B2
Bachelors - 3 years ( business)( distance mode)
Work experience ( marketing manager) - 3 years
From India

Will
My profile work for this province?

sachin dabra

Mar 27, 2019
hi, just checking, anyone else with similar timeline or before left from the unlucky batch of 2018 last quarter ? just to get some hopes..
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 19, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 26, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on February 26, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on February 26, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. - ( This was PCC , they asked for my Spouse who is not even accompanying, and this was sent ).

I have not heard from IRCC after that, I am sure, next is medical as they might have been expired already.
I called them and they have been saying that eligibility is passed and the application is on Background check since almost 5 months now....
Dont know wheere this is leading toooo...

Mauvaise_vibe

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
Panel of lawyers dealing with IRCC and certain immigration groups have requested them not to return whole package as some files are on the verge of having expired CSQ's. I hope they listen. Things would be more clear once they start issuing AOR. For xep they gave tender to third party for digitizing all post July 2019 files but AOR's can only be issued by IRCC officers after checking content of files.
So based on this facts, one can make a prognostic argument. Say, mistakes could happen at the "digitization process" of files-from their end, and a duly signed and complet application, which was well-presented at the time of deposit-could risk being returned to applicant's doorstep, from the hand of the officer-after 18 months, then..??..??!!.!.!?!.

I really wish that officer use XEP letter as a bridge between first and second submission of that file, in order to consider the actual date of submission-indicated on that darn XEP letter as a lock-in date.

Reactions: Zgajipurwala

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
hi, just checking, anyone else with similar timeline or before left from the unlucky batch of 2018 last quarter ? just to get some hopes..
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 19, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 26, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on February 26, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on February 26, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. - ( This was PCC , they asked for my Spouse who is not even accompanying, and this was sent ).

I have not heard from IRCC after that, I am sure, next is medical as they might have been expired already.
I called them and they have been saying that eligibility is passed and the application is on Background check since almost 5 months now....
Dont know wheere this is leading toooo...
I have the same exact responses, (July 2018 applicant) except that I did my medicals before your correspondence (number 5) and they were passed and thereafter received a response for the PCC's. My medicals expired November 2020 and I am waiting for the next reply from IRCC since then.

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I'm planning on doing immigration to québec.. my profile
Ielts - clb 9
Delf - B2
Bachelors - 3 years ( business)( distance mode)
Work experience ( marketing manager) - 3 years
From India

Will
My profile work for this province?
You need to pass the French test level (B2). Without it, you will have difficulty getting the CSQ (Certificat de selection de Quebec).