+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Paul78

Apr 9, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I just got DM in my ECAS today!! it was a very very long journey and i hope you all soon get to feel the joy am feeling right now because i was very close to losing hope and abandoning my PR application and going back to my home country!! here's some details about my application:

Application Type: In-Land (Applied from Canada)
Application Stream: Quebec Skilled Workers
CSQ Stream: PEQ - Quebec Graduate
Nationality: Lebanese
Visa Office: Ottawa, ON
Status When Applied: Post Graduation work permit

Total waiting Time (APP to DM): 31 months and 24 days (966 days)

Nov 25, 2016: Application Received
Feb 23, 2017: Application opened and a number was assigned (AOR)
Mar 31, 2017: Medical Request (but it was done upfront before submitting the application)
Jan 25, 2018: Request Letter to fill a time gap in my Schedule A form, and for a new police certificate for my wife from Lebanon after she came to Canada on a Work permit
Feb 12, 2018: Request Letter for my CV and to fill a supplementary sheet sent by email (about my field of study)
Feb 13, 2018: Had my application status changed to "Your Action is Required" when i didn't receive any request for additional documents, i called CIC and the agent told me that am not required to do any action at the moment and they will send me a request letter when they need me to do something
Feb 13, 2018: Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services
Feb 25, 2019: Sent a Request for GCMS Notes, and found out that my status was changed to "Your Action is Required" because i had some supporting documents (Schedule A, CV, Police Certificate) that i needed to update before Feb 15, 2018 by going to "View submitted application or upload documents" that is written above application status and applicant information sections!! so i updated them even though it says somewhere that they're not mandatory and only optional. Afterwards, my application status changed to "submitted"
Mar 01, 2019: Received a second request for Medical Exam. I did the Exam on Mar 5 and my application status indicated that i passed it on Mar 16
Jul 19, 2019: Decision Made

And now i will wait for the PPR email.

Hi. Glad to see that there are lebanese over here in this forum (i am too). first of all congratulation for your PPR. now since you are an inland applicant, it may differ from outland appilcants, but do u know how much it may take for a lebanese to get his PPR? i applied for federal in may 2018 and till date nothing happened. thanks and best of luck

mkm221

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Has any one recently done Flagpoling in Quebec?
It seems it is much faster than booking an appointment for CoPR validation.
Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle and Saint-Armand/Philipsburg point of entries which are close to montreal are only meant for study/work permit.

MH91

Apr 12, 2019
Hi. Glad to see that there are lebanese over here in this forum (i am too). first of all congratulation for your PPR. now since you are an inland applicant, it may differ from outland appilcants, but do u know how much it may take for a lebanese to get his PPR? i applied for federal in may 2018 and till date nothing happened. thanks and best of luck
I am also lebanese, applied on Oct 2017 ( Inland) and still nothing happened. Be Patient, looks like we gonna wait for a long journey.

HarrietM

Jul 22, 2019
Hi guys! New to this forum. I just got my AOR today (22nd July 2019) and upon linking my application to GCKey am expected to get my PR decision in 19 months or in Feb 2021. I am currently on a post graduate work visa that expires late August 2020. I am considering starting a Masters program in September 2020 (either in Canada or back home in Europe) and wanted to know whether I can apply for any sort of study visa while my PR application is in process? My first choice would be to study in Canada but I am not certain whether I could even get the right temporary study visa till my PR comes through. Worst case scenario, If i am unable to do this and have to move back to Europe to complete my studies, will this affect my PR application in any way, shape or form? Thanks :)

ShannonT

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hi guys! New to this forum. I just got my AOR today (22nd July 2019) and upon linking my application to GCKey am expected to get my PR decision in 19 months or in Feb 2021. I am currently on a post graduate work visa that expires late August 2020. I am considering starting a Masters program in September 2020 (either in Canada or back home in Europe) and wanted to know whether I can apply for any sort of study visa while my PR application is in process? My first choice would be to study in Canada but I am not certain whether I could even get the right temporary study visa till my PR comes through. Worst case scenario, If i am unable to do this and have to move back to Europe to complete my studies, will this affect my PR application in any way, shape or form? Thanks :)
I’ld stay go with the flow. If you move back to Europe, you just have to update your address. I think your work permit might be handy in any case. Try to liaise with your employer, they can boost your application significantly if they deposit a request at MIDI / CIC . Dunno for sure how it works but they should know.

Paul78

Apr 9, 2019
I am also lebanese, applied on Oct 2017 ( Inland) and still nothing happened. Be Patient, looks like we gonna wait for a long journey.
Hi. yes this is what it seems to be. but in your case you should have got your visa in may or june 2019 because at these times they are delivering visas for Nov and Dec 2017. did you add someone to your file? i saw in some forums that the applicants living in canada are most likely to wait longer than the ones living outside. at the end no one knows how IRCC staff works.

Reactions: Seema22

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
Hi,
I called the CIC and the agent changed my old address (Canadian) to the address abroad. But when I checked it online 1 day later, the address is still old one. I think the change should appear immediately? He did not remove Canadian address. Can it be the reason?
Thanks

MH91

Apr 12, 2019
Hi,
I called the CIC and the agent changed my old address (Canadian) to the address abroad. But when I checked it online 1 day later, the address is still old one. I think the change should appear immediately? He did not remove Canadian address. Can it be the reason?
Thanks
hold on.. takes couple of days.. since you called them, so it will be changed dont worry

Reactions: Hassananwar1

MH91

Apr 12, 2019
Hi. yes this is what it seems to be. but in your case you should have got your visa in may or june 2019 because at these times they are delivering visas for Nov and Dec 2017. did you add someone to your file? i saw in some forums that the applicants living in canada are most likely to wait longer than the ones living outside. at the end no one knows how IRCC staff works.
Yes me and my wife... even though, they should follow the estimated completion .. anws gdluck for all of us

ziyu

Star Member
May 20, 2018
If you got your CSQ under PEQ. Please never study in Canada anymore until you got your pr.Otherwise, Midi will revoke your CSQ

ab.alzoabi

Mar 7, 2019
Montreal
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
1-11-2021
Thanks! i hope u also get a DM soon. honestly there's no real answer to your question. some of my lebanese friends got it in 8 months some in 13 and some in 20. but mine took almost 32 months even though my family and I are already living in canada and my daughter was born here and am not involved in any religious or political parties and never had any conviction or emprisonment. and yet my background check took around 2 years. So there's really no way you could tell.

Reactions: Seema22

pinkkk_blueee

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Thanks! i hope u also get a DM soon. honestly there's no real answer to your question. some of my lebanese friends got it in 8 months some in 13 and some in 20. but mine took almost 32 months even though my family and I are already living in canada and my daughter was born here and am not involved in any religious or political parties and never had any conviction or emprisonment. and yet my background check took around 2 years. So there's really no way you could tell.
Hi, just wanted to post a comment to say you are not alone! It is not only ppl from your nationality that get delayed. I am from Iran and I have seen many that got their pr after 32 months. I also applied in December 2017, and ss has not started yet!