+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

MH91

Apr 12, 2019
Hi guys
Can you leave canada after obtaining CSQ and wait to get your PR?
Let's say my temporary residence visa gets invalid while I'm outside canada. Can I land in Canada when my PR is granted?
Thank
You can leave Canada whenever your PR application is in progress. Make sure after you leave that your address is at the same place that you will be residing (Even out land), because once they did the decision, they will ask you for passport request, and will send you confirmation by mail.

rickdecakrd

Feb 26, 2018
Hello!
When you get the notification granting you the PR, is it a physical letter or an email?? Is it always mandatory to do the landing in Montreal offices or you can also do it at the border?
I'm planning a trip of months abroad and it's possible that they grant me the PR while I'm away, so I wanna know whether I will get it by email and then I could activate it when crossing the border on my way back.
ps: I dont need to send my passport since I'm from EU
Thanks!

Last edited:

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....
On my CSQ it is written
d’échéance= 2019/12/22. What does this means? Is it the expiration date? May be coz of this the federal government is taking time on my file for giving me DM&PPRo_O:rolleyes::(:mad:

racineba

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
I applied for csq when in 2013 when I was in uk. And I received it in 2017 when i was on student visa in Toronto. My PGwork permit is valid until June 2020:( totally confused :rolleyes:
Csq are delivered for a period of 3 years and have nothing to do with work permit..having a csq may qualify you for a closed work permit(after your PGWP has expired) but the period of validity of the csq has nothing to do with your wp..

Reactions: MH91

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Check your visa if indicating "Multiple Entry".. Mine I renewed it 3 times, They gave me one entry.
I renewed my work permit last month and today I received my Visa
Csq are delivered for a period of 3 years and have nothing to do with work permit..having a csq may qualify you for a closed work permit(after your PGWP has expired) but the period of validity of the csq has nothing to do with your wp..
Now the new CSQs are valid for 2 years and you cannot renew your PGWP for closed one without valid CSQ.

I renewed my PGWP last month for closed one and applied for entry visa, which I received today. Than is my second multiple entry visa I got, valid for 2 years.

arc6016

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Category........
QSW
On my CSQ it is written
d’échéance= 2019/12/22. What does this means? Is it the expiration date? May be coz of this the federal government is taking time on my file for giving me DM&PPRo_O:rolleyes::(:mad:
Don't worry as your file is in process it will not affect.
In my case my csq has already expired in march.

rammohan

Jun 3, 2019
Hi Guys,
I'm planning to start QSW, can u plz suggest regarding
1) minimum ponits required to get through.
2) time to get CSQ
3) Is it same like Express Entry

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Hi Everyone,

A quick update. Last evening nearly 35-40 people have received DM in our Whatsapp group (all being Indians in the group). Just to add, most of these people had their file received dates varying from Feb 2017 till June 2017. This is a good sign and I must say that this movement happened in bulk last evening, when nearly 40 people got their decisions made only in a small WhatsApp group of ours.

Thankfully this shows that the concerned department (NS or local Visa Office) at least woke up. I just pray that all the people running through their 20th month get to hear a piece of good news soon!

Cheers.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
I have received CSQ and renewed my work permit with that. So I have work permit till October 2020. But by October 2020 I wont get my PR for sure.

So I have to renew work permit again by October 2020. Can I renew my WP again using the CSQ which will also expire on October 2020 ?

ravs0727

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hi Everyone,

A quick update. Last evening nearly 35-40 people have received DM in our Whatsapp group (all being Indians in the group). Just to add, most of these people had their file received dates varying from Feb 2017 till June 2017. This is a good sign and I must say that this movement happened in bulk last evening, when nearly 40 people got their decisions made only in a small WhatsApp group of ours.

Thankfully this shows that the concerned department (NS or local Visa Office) at least woke up. I just pray that all the people running through their 20th month get to hear a piece of good news soon!

Cheers.
Amazing!!!! Very happy to hear that....

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....
Hi Everyone,

Cheers.
Can u add me too on the whatsap group please?