+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Thanks. Just sent the email. Waiting once more.....
They sure think they are funny... First line of the automatic reply:
"UPDATED MAY 31, 2017: Due to exceptional circumstances, we are currently experiencing difficulty meeting our service standards. Please accept our apologies for the delay, and rest assured that we are taking steps to address the situation." :eek::eek::confused:

Bleuvert

Feb 7, 2017
Hello everyone..I'm new here, so apologies if this question has been asked before. How long does it usually take between AOR and communication from the Canadian side, so that we can go ahead with medical exams? We applied through a lawyer, and got AOR on 7 Feb 2018, but there has been no response so far...Also, is there a way to check the current application status online?

egoetc

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
Med's Request
19-12-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2018
Hello everyone..I'm new here, so apologies if this question has been asked before. How long does it usually take between AOR and communication from the Canadian side, so that we can go ahead with medical exams? We applied through a lawyer, and got AOR on 7 Feb 2018, but there has been no response so far...Also, is there a way to check the current application status online?
You can check ECAS or MyCIC (the latter more comprehensive). Ask your lawyer to see if he doesn't already have access to it.

Regarding the medical exam: I sent my app in March 27, 2017, got AOR on June 9, 2017, then received the medical request on Dec 18, 2017. That's a 6 month gap between AOR and receiving my medical request, and a 3 month gap between sending the app and receiving AOR. Some people get their AOR real quick and then wait 9 months for a med request, then get PR 2 months after that. Some people get their AOR real quick, get their med request 3 months down the line, and then wait one year for a decision made. It's entirely circumstantial. Check out the link in my signature (someone else created this google sheet, very useful tool) for other people's timelines. It's also dependent on your visa office location.

Bibotaw

Apr 24, 2017
App. Filed.......
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-04-2017
You need to send them all the original docs
First they didn't mention the mailing address ? Do u know the mailing address for ottawa
Second they ask to scan and email the document but in same time they request to provide the original ?

Last edited:

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
if my spouse gets pregnent during fed process. would it be a problem when we do our medicals or it can effect application?
Many people have this concern since X-Ray is involved. You have the choice depending on the situation, either get it done using a shield or wait until the baby arrives. In both cases you will have to submit all the others medicals exam results. Another option is to get it done in between considering the processing time and validity.