+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your answer, but that's not my question. I asked how long Quebec gives you to submit the undertaking application once you've received federal approval.
As per sponsorship approval letter there is no time limit to submit CSQ application But as per immigration Quebec site prepare undertaking application and submit as soon as possible ones SA approve.
SA letter sample : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VsB_ke6kvSQOtWpWBwaaKbqHCTyvZ0oT/view?usp=drivesdk

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
I've just arrive in Quebec or have returned, and I wish to obtain a Health Insurance Card. How do I proceed?

If you are newly settled in Québec and want to register with the Québec Health Insurance Plan, you have to call us to obtain the necessary form. Depending on your situation, we will tell you what you need to do to complete your registration.

If you have received your registration form, complete, sign and mail your form and supporting documents to the following address:

Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec
C. P. 6600, succ. Terminus
Québec (Québec) G1K 7T3

For the time being, no photo is required.

I filed my application for a Health Insurance Card but am now subject to the waiting period pending eligibility, I'm worried about my health and COVID-19 and would like to go to a health facility. what should I do?

If you need to go to a COVID-19 screening clinic, you have to call 1 877 644-4545 first. If your condition warrants it, you will be referred to a screening clinic. The test will be administered at no cost to you, along with any other care necessary to treat the disease, whether or not you have a Health Insurance Card. However, non COVID-19 related care will be covered only after your waiting period pending eligibility, in keeping with the usual rules.

source: https://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/press-room/questions-answers-about-our-services-during-pandemic

Aug 12, 2019
Hi All,

Can you please update the tracker @robertp ?

name: abdulsamadfarook

Sponsor Approval from federal goverment --> 5th Oct 2020
Submitted application to Quebec goverment --> 7th Nov 2020
Quebec gov - document received confimration --> 19Th Nov 2020
CSQ - Quebec application approval --> 15th Jan 2021

Are there any steps remaining from my end ?

Thanks
Abdul

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi All,

Thanks
Abdul
No,

can you please update your timeline for federal application:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AqTuXZrYG6sg4UHpHBEaMbWTgbHtvxzWYedaojGh0bg/edit#gid=945174368
what is your sponsorship "in process" and Decision made date as per Ecas status.
which local visa office your parents PR file processing?
medical and PCC date?

Flowchart: https://sites.google.com/view/pgp2019/flowchart

Last edited:

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Hi All,

Thanks
Abdul
Follow up wit the LVO dealing with your process and make sure they have a copy of your CSQ, sometimes they have, sometimes the don't, better check

Reactions: abdulsamadfarook

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
Hi @Akc81 , as promissed I contacted the MIDI today.
They lady on the phone was very clear, no need to inform them. Given that I have already receive the CSQ (important point) the MIDI does not need to be informed if the sponsor has a baby coming soon ( my case) given that the financial evaluation is already done.

I will follow up with the CIC via webform as you were oriented.

Good luck with your process :)
I do wonder for those of us that got our CSQs in late 2019, if we're going to have to redo the financial evaluation, since the CSQ technically expires in late 2021. But it would be cruel to do a financial evaluation on the year of COVID, when most people's incomes have dropped.

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
I don't think so @marylatt, when I mentioned that I was having a baby, MIDI was super chill about it, given that we already received the CSQ this step should be done.

The CIC was "ignoring" all the dates of documents given the pandemic, I don't think that they would be doing differently with the CSQ, we should be fine :)

But,fine does not mean receiving the visa anytime soon, honestly, I don't forsee any real movement before end of 2021, so I'm counting to receive this visa by end of 2022.

NewVitality

Dec 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
Hi All,

Thanks
Abdul
Hi,
my situation is very similar.
I received CSQ today and I'm wondering if I need to do from my end.
Our parents already passed bio, and we are waiting for PCC and IME.
Our LVO is London.

Does somebody have similar LVO?

j.a.jaimes20

Jul 21, 2015
Hello everyone!
Good news! This week I received 3 different updates from Immigration Canada:

1. On Feb 19, the invitation of prearrival services.

2. On Feb 23, a request from the Canadian embassy at Bogota to submit once again the following documents:
- Updated Colombian Police Certificate
- Updated Schedule A Background (eIMM5669)
- Updated Additional Family Information (IMM5406)
- Supplementary Information Your Travels (IMM5562)

3. On Feb 24, the invitation for my parents to take the medical examinations.

My parents have scheduled the medical examinations for tomorrow, and we will be submitting all updated documents mentioned in point 2 to the Canadian embassy in Bogota.

@robertp or @YULIA-2016 , could you please update the tracker to reflect these updates?

Thanks a lot you guys! We are almost there!

Last edited:

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Oh, those are good news to hear that the Bogota office is starting to work again.... good for you :)

I might contact the Mexican one just to have an idea if they have any perspective of resuming their work (not a lot of hopes about that)

Reactions: j.a.jaimes20

Jaysun

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
Hi,

I wish to sponsor my mother. When I check, the Federal process have an income criteria of previous 3 tax years - which I do not meet. However, I saw that Quebec has mentioned only one year of income requirement.

Will I get invitation from Federal, if I apply, to proceed with the Quebec formalities, if the Federal criteria is not met?

Thanks in advance,
Jaysun

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Hi,

I wish to sponsor my mother. When I check, the Federal process have an income criteria of previous 3 tax years - which I do not meet. However, I saw that Quebec has mentioned only one year of income requirement.

Will I get invitation from Federal, if I apply, to proceed with the Quebec formalities, if the Federal criteria is not met?

Thanks in advance,
Jaysun

Yes you will. If you say on your process that you are applying for Quebec, the Federal government will not verify your financial numbers.
This will be done by the Quebec immigration. If you fulfill Quebec criterias (please refer to the MIDI website for more details) they will issue your parents a CSQ that will allow you to continue the federal process.
So in a nutshell

You start with the Federal process, get your letter of intention, apply to Quebec, get your CSQ and go back to Federal to finalize the visa.

Good luck !

Jaysun

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
Yes you will. If you say on your process that you are applying for Quebec, the Federal government will not verify your financial numbers.
This will be done by the Quebec immigration. If you fulfill Quebec criterias (please refer to the MIDI website for more details) they will issue your parents a CSQ that will allow you to continue the federal process.
So in a nutshell

You start with the Federal process, get your letter of intention, apply to Quebec, get your CSQ and go back to Federal to finalize the visa.

Good luck !
Thanks a lot for answering, so relieved to know that! :)

j.a.jaimes20

Jul 21, 2015
Hello everyone!
Good news! This week I received 3 different updates from Immigration Canada:

1. On Feb 19, the invitation of prearrival services.

2. On Feb 23, a request from the Canadian embassy at Bogota to submit once again the following documents:
- Updated Colombian Police Certificate
- Updated Schedule A Background (eIMM5669)
- Updated Additional Family Information (IMM5406)
- Supplementary Information Your Travels (IMM5562)

3. On Feb 24, the invitation for my parents to take the medical examinations.

My parents have scheduled the medical examinations for tomorrow, and we will be submitting all updated documents mentioned in point 2 to the Canadian embassy in Bogota.

@robertp or @YULIA-2016 , could you please update the tracker to reflect these updates?

Thanks a lot you guys! We are almost there!
Hello everyone,
Another status update:
The exam results and new police certificate with all documents requested were submitted on Friday March 5, 2021.
Today, I received a message in my CIC account that the medical results have been passed.
@robertp and @YULIA-2016 could you please update my timeline?
Thanks a lot! I will continue keeping you in the loop!