+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hello I don't know if this thread is still active. I've been sent an invitation to apply for my mother with the parents and grandparents sponsorship program. While filling out the application on the new Permanent Residence Portal, for the form IMM0008, it asks if she would be residing in Quebec. She has ticked this as yes, but then it asks her for the date she applied for the CSQ. I've tried to look into the CSQ application and it's really confusing as the only options are the skilled workers and quebec experience class. There's no option for family. do we just select one of these options?

Or do we not fill out the CSQ forms now? I've seen other threads saying this would be done later but right now we can't move forward while leaving the section asking for the date she applied for her CSQ.

This is also info from the application guide:
"Where do you plan to live in Canada?
If you plan to live in the Province of Quebec and haven’t received your Certificat de Sélection du Québec (CSQ), enter the date when you applied for it. If you haven’t applied yet, you must do so before applying for permanent residence."

I would really appreciate any help. thank you!
Answer is NO for CSQ
When did you apply CSQ: not applicable

ones your sponsorship approved only after that you can apply CSQ.

flowchart:https://sites.google.com/view/pgp2019/flowchart?authuser=0

Saysay91

Dec 4, 2022
Answer is NO for CSQ
When did you apply CSQ: not applicable

ones your sponsorship approved only after that you can apply CSQ.

flowchart:https://sites.google.com/view/pgp2019/flowchart?authuser=0

So she should enter N/A in the section that asks for the date she applied for CSQ?

These are the questions asked on the page:

- Where do you plan to live in Canada?
- Have you received your Certificat de Sélection du Québec (CSQ)? (required)
- If no, when did you apply for your CSQ? [So does she just put N/A here?]

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
So she should enter N/A in the section that asks for the date she applied for CSQ?

These are the questions asked on the page:

- If no, when did you apply for your CSQ? [So does she just put N/A here?]
You are sponsoring your parents . Ones they come to Canada they will stay with you better to enter same city name where you are living right now in Quebec.
No
- If no, when did you apply for your CSQ?
Not applicable ( you have to wait sponsorship approval fromCIC first before applying CSQ, you need to submit sponsorship approval letter with CSQ application)

Saysay91

Dec 4, 2022
You are sponsoring your parents . Ones they come to Canada they will stay with you better to enter same city name where you are living right now in Quebec.
No
- If no, when did you apply for your CSQ?
Not applicable ( you have to wait sponsorship approval fromCIC first before applying CSQ, you need to submit sponsorship approval letter with CSQ application)
Oh ok great! Thank you so much. I really appreciate the help. That clears up the confusion for me.
:)

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
Quebec applicants how do we track the progress in the application. I was approved by federal to send my CSQ request and i hvae sent the same. Inbetween i was trying to link the GCKey with the applicaiton. But i am not able to progress further in linking the GCKey. WHen should this happen? Is it after i receive the CSQ? Since this is a two step process for quebec residents.. it is confusing

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
Quebec applicants how do we track the progress in the application. I was approved by federal to send my CSQ request and i hvae sent the same. Inbetween i was trying to link the GCKey with the applicaiton. But i am not able to progress further in linking the GCKey. WHen should this happen? Is it after i receive the CSQ? Since this is a two step process for quebec residents.. it is confusing
Hi AMR2011, I have seen in posts that there is no way to track CSQ you just get a letter back from MIFI and can follow up with them if you want once 25 days has passed. I would love to know too if that has change recently. I recently got sponsor approval and have to submit CSQ, will you please help me understand this please - in the financial evaloution form A0535F- trying to understand the section 8-
Information on your other assets and income sources and Other documents to provide if your employment income is not sufficient- section. so my current salary is sufficient to cover myself and my sponsored familay. does it mean i leave all the section under this blank? there are 9 questions under this section one of them is asking for balance of mortgage, notarized agreement to purchase your property etc. I can leave these sections completely blank as my employment income is sufficient am I correct?

Also do i leave it blank or type Not Applicable? Thank you in advance for your help!

Last edited:

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
Great, thanks so much.

Did you sent IRCC all of the documents that MIFI sent you? Also, it seems that they only approved CSQ for the principle applicant, so the CSQ for the accompanying dependent I guess is the same as the ones of the principle applicant? Im trying to submit them through the CIC portal and they have a separate submission slot for the CSQ of the principle applicant and the CSQ for the acoompanying dependent.

Many thanks
Where di dyou attach the CSQ to CIC? I got my mothers CSQ have to attach it to CIC so they can start processing

Jay13M

Jul 26, 2023
How long it took for CSQ to process and approve your application from start to receiving the CSQ? I am moving to QC and parent application in processing

Jay13M

Jul 26, 2023
Hello everyone, I am living in Montreal and just got an invitation for my parents sponsorship. I get confused abit about the application IMM 0008 since they ask when did we apply for the CSQ. I just apply for the PR for my parents and according to my understanding, I need to apply for Federal first and then they will send the letter to apply for CSQ after. Can anyone please guide me abit about this? Thanks in advance!
That's correct. When you fill in the imm008 and answering "where are you intended to live in Canada" and you select QC, The following question will be "do you have or applied for CSQ?" in your case the answer is "no". Since your parents don't have CSQ not they applied for one before.
Later on during the process when IRCC approves you as a Sponsor you will receive letter with instructions to apply for CSQ if you live in QC. You must attach that letter with the CSQ application and send it to QC government. All the best..

Reactions: Sosam1617

Sosam1617

Dec 30, 2019
That's correct. When you fill in the imm008 and answering "where are you intended to live in Canada" and you select QC, The following question will be "do you have or applied for CSQ?" in your case the answer is "no". Since your parents don't have CSQ not they applied for one before.
Later on during the process when IRCC approves you as a Sponsor you will receive letter with instructions to apply for CSQ if you live in QC. You must attach that letter with the CSQ application and send it to QC government. All the best..
Thanks alot for your value respond, I would appreciate so much about this help :)

Reactions: Jay13M