+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I am new to this thread and really need you expertise.
My question is my wife is on medical sick leave because of injury which would not permit her to do the same job as she was doing before so company give her option to go for sick leave and come back when it get fixed .She is still on her company payroll but temporarly off .She is paying every month to keep the group insurance active which is offered by employers to all the employees. she is receiving monthly income from the Private plan which is 60% of her monthly income.( I mean Insurance which is offered by employers to all the employees).
To sponser my parents as Permenent Resident (PR) I want to add her my co-sponser. If i add her than i am eligible to sponser. But my concern is .........if quebec accept sick income as income(which is not taxable income).
Can anyone please advise me.
You needed to put her down as a co-sponsor when you initially submitted your application.

GarryToor

Nov 6, 2019
Hi Guys,
Can anyone please help me to understand what social assistance means ?
I am still on my company payroll and paying the company group insurance every month.Since last few month i had an injury on my hand and temporary stopped going to work. Since that duration my Company Group Insurance is paying me a monthly amount(Which is not taxable). My husband is working full time.
Me and My husband combined income make me eligible to sponsor my parents in Quebec . But my only concern is I am on Disability and Private insurance is paying for me. My latest date to return to work is for jan 2020. Can i show that income as a source of income. I will appreciate if any of the expert please advise me.

arz_rch

Nov 23, 2019
Hello,
I applied for Parents and grandparents Sponsorship in 2019 (I'm a Quebec resident).
I revived my confirmation number.
On April 25th, I received the invitation letter.
On June 21st, my application was received in Ottawa.
After more than 5 months, I have not revised any email from CIC.

I'm wondering if there is any way to follow up on the application status or not.
Thank you

GarryToor

Nov 6, 2019
You needed to put her down as a co-sponsor when you initially submitted your application.
Thank you Sir for your kind reply.
Yes i already added her in my application as a co-sponser.When I applied for sponsership for my parents that time she was working and has no disability.The total taxable income for year 2018 including me and my wife was more than sufficient for sponsorship. So far just received the AOR and waiting for approval letter in order to send my application to quebec for financial evaluation.
My only concern is let say If i receive the approval letter next year(2020) than it means i have to send my Notice of assessment for 2019.This year my wife was on disability insurance and was receive 60 % of her monthly income.This amount is not taxable and insurance will not send us any T4 slip. I am still on full time job.
So the total taxable income for this year is only mine not my wife. My question is how could i tell the quebec government that Notice of Assessment is showing just my taxable but my wife also receiving income from group insurance.Are they gonna accept my wife income as a valid source of income for sponsorship.
If they ask me for 2018 income than i m good as my Notice of assessment include both of us income.
If they will ask for 2019 than Notice of assessment will be having only my income and my wife income received from insurance willnot reflect on Notice of assessment. I am bit stressed for year 2019 income.
But If i added her Insurance income plus mine that the total income is more than sufficient.
Please advise.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hello,
I applied for Parents and grandparents Sponsorship in 2019 (I'm a Quebec resident).
I revived my confirmation number.
On April 25th, I received the invitation letter.
On June 21st, my application was received in Ottawa.
After more than 5 months, I have not revised any email from CIC.

I'm wondering if there is any way to follow up on the application status or not.
Thank you
PGP-2019 : Timeline | CSQ / Undertaking (kit B): Timeline

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew to add / update your info in tracker

• Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request :
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • Comment / additional information :

Maksim13

Dec 4, 2019
Hello everyone,

I'm sure this was asked quite a few times, but after reading the topics I'm still confused. Can you please advise when should I send the docs to Quebec? At this stage I just received the AOR letter stating that ''Your application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2019. Your application number is located below the date of this letter. You must quote this reference number in any future correspondence related to this file. This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment. Please keep a copy of this letter for your records.''

On the Quebec web site it says: IMPORTANT REMINDER
You must receive confirmation from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada that your sponsorship application has been approved before submitting your undertaking application to the Ministère. We do not process sponsorship applications that are submitted without proof of this confirmation.

So should I wait for a letter from IRCC stating clearly that I can now send the docs to Quebec?

Thank you for your help

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hello everyone,

I'm sure this was asked quite a few times, but after reading the topics I'm still confused. Can you please advise when should I send the docs to Quebec? At this stage I just received the AOR letter stating that ''Your application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2019. Your application number is located below the date of this letter. You must quote this reference number in any future correspondence related to this file. This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment. Please keep a copy of this letter for your records.''

On the Quebec web site it says: IMPORTANT REMINDER
You must receive confirmation from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada that your sponsorship application has been approved before submitting your undertaking application to the Ministère. We do not process sponsorship applications that are submitted without proof of this confirmation.

So should I wait for a letter from IRCC stating clearly that I can now send the docs to Quebec?

Thank you for your help
ones you get Sponsorship Approval letter from CIC you can apply CSQ from MIFI. you have to include Sponsorship approval letter with your CSQ file kit . if you not include that letter MIFI will return back your file without processing.

Sample Approval letter from CIC >> click here

CSQ timeline for PGP-2019 >> Click here

Maksim13

Dec 4, 2019
ones you get Sponsorship Approval letter from CIC you can apply CSQ from MIFI. you have to include Sponsorship approval letter with your CSQ file kit . if you not include that letter MIFI will return back your file without processing.

Sample Approval letter from CIC >> click here

CSQ timeline for PGP-2019 >> Click here
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I got this letter: Sample Approval letter from CIC >> click here

Is this means I can already apply for CSQ? Or there will be a different letter stating/inviting specifically to apply to MIDI?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada

Is this means I can already apply for CSQ? Or there will be a different letter stating/inviting specifically to apply to MIDI?
yes apply now. add that letter too.

hatchi

Nov 12, 2018

But the letter you got is AOR which is the first letter from the folder
the file called AOR CIC PGP2019/pdf

with this letter you cannot apply

you need to get the SA letter which has 2 examples (last 2 documents in the link)

So you cannot apply yet

I am in exact same situation as you and waiting for the SA

Maksim13

Dec 4, 2019
yes apply now. add that letter too.
----------------------------------
But the letter you got is AOR which is the first letter from the folder
the file called AOR CIC PGP2019/pdf

with this letter you cannot apply

you need to get the SA letter which has 2 examples (last 2 documents in the link)

So you cannot apply yet

I am in exact same situation as you and waiting for the SA
--------------------------------------------
Thak you ! Exactly! This is where I get confused about the information on CIC site versus the Quebec site.

If I understand correctly I just got the AOR, but not the actual SA letter stating that I can now send the docs to MIDI. So I should wait for that SA Letter and send ALL the Quebec docs (CSQ, Undertaking etc..) to MIDI?

hatchi

Nov 12, 2018
----------------------------------

--------------------------------------------
Thak you ! Exactly! This is where I get confused about the information on CIC site versus the Quebec site.

If I understand correctly I just got the AOR, but not the actual SA letter stating that I can now send the docs to MIDI. So I should wait for that SA Letter and send ALL the Quebec docs (CSQ, Undertaking etc..) to MIDI?

Exact you should wait

and based on what I see in the timeline doc it seems usually you will get the SA 1.5 months after getting the AOR

but since me and you got it near the holiday season I will not be shocked if it will go to 2 months till we get the SA

and that actually open new question for me
when applying to MIFI I will have to use year 2019 taxes as by the time I apply it will be 2020 . correct ?