+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Investor

deva3012

Dec 18, 2010
Hello XpressEnterprise

I have an interview scheduled later next month under the Quebec investor program. Would appreciate if you could throw some light on the interview -- like what sort of questions they ask and how long does the interview last? What do they expect from you under the investor category?

I understand you landed in Quebec sometime last year. Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards

deva3012

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
01-12-2010 (Damascus, Syria)
Passport Req..
21-02-2012 (PPR1) / 15-10-2014 (PPR1 with chart) / 17-11-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014 (Received on 01-01-2015)
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 (PR Card : 09-07-2015)
Hi deva3012,

It's a good step that you're asked for Interview. I don't remember much of it because mine was conducted in Syria. However, I'll try to recall whatever I can. Just make sure you have all your documentations ready i.e original certificates, pay stubs, diploma, bank statements etc.

You have the choice to give interview in either French or English. Interview is around 45 minutes. Mine was in French and interviewer was rather surprised to see a Pakistani speaking french fluently.

Most of the questions were about education (such as your school, university, degree, etc), work (official letter is not enough, bring your pay stubs, tax forms, etc.) and background, etc.

One important thing you need to make sure is to explain how you can contribute to Quebec and Canada in general. Also make sure you are able to explain your future plans to Quebec and Canada. Start studying about Quebec, its culture and job market. Also tell them that one day, you'll become a proud Quebecer (Québécois) some day. Learn how to obtain Drivers License in Quebec, an insurance for automobile, cost of living in city you're going to live. Showing this type of involvement before immigration can go a long way with the Quebec immigration officer towards proving applicants are serious about succeeding in a new life in Quebec. However, I'm just giving you a general idea.

Lastly, they will ask you 'Why Quebec?' ... so, you have to have some knowledge and understanding of Quebec and how you would adapt to the changes.

Hope it helps

-XPRESS-

Songsort

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
Thank you sanddy. I have the fund ready but did not transfer since my agent imply that they would not provide sufficient support in case things would not go in their favor. They were insisting that I should take the financed option. So I decided not to proceed and the 110 days have passed.

Hkno10

Jan 13, 2017
Hello, I just apply the QIIP - Quebec investor program.
I have some questions about the function of the CSQ. Once I get the CSQ (Before I get the permanent resident visa from the federal government), can I work in Quebec? or can my children study in Quebec Public school, or can we live in Quebec ?
thanks.

Songsort

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
Hkno10 said:
Hello, I just apply the QIIP - Quebec investor program.
I have some questions about the function of the CSQ. Once I get the CSQ (Before I get the permanent resident visa from the federal government), can I work in Quebec? or can my children study in Quebec Public school, or can we live in Quebec ?
thanks.
CSQ would take sometime, it took me a year to get an intention to issue CSQ. After that, I guess you need to wait for visa before heading to Quebec.

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
Hi Songsort, where/how can I get the updated excel? This one goes until 2015. I am interested in 2016 data as well. Thanks
hi Songsort pls provide the link for 2016 updates and if possible for 2017 updates. thanks ,,god bless1

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
Hi deva3012,

It's a good step that you're asked for Interview. I don't remember much of it because mine was conducted in Syria. However, I'll try to recall whatever I can. Just make sure you have all your documentations ready i.e original certificates, pay stubs, diploma, bank statements etc.

You have the choice to give interview in either French or English. Interview is around 45 minutes. Mine was in French and interviewer was rather surprised to see a Pakistani speaking french fluently.

Most of the questions were about education (such as your school, university, degree, etc), work (official letter is not enough, bring your pay stubs, tax forms, etc.) and background, etc.

One important thing you need to make sure is to explain how you can contribute to Quebec and Canada in general. Also make sure you are able to explain your future plans to Quebec and Canada. Start studying about Quebec, its culture and job market. Also tell them that one day, you'll become a proud Quebecer (Québécois) some day. Learn how to obtain Drivers License in Quebec, an insurance for automobile, cost of living in city you're going to live. Showing this type of involvement before immigration can go a long way with the Quebec immigration officer towards proving applicants are serious about succeeding in a new life in Quebec. However, I'm just giving you a general idea.

Lastly, they will ask you 'Why Quebec?' ... so, you have to have some knowledge and understanding of Quebec and how you would adapt to the changes.

Hope it helps

-XPRESS-
Hi Xpress,
Firstly god bless you, you are doing a tremendous job here. Your knowledge and inputs are helping many of us here.
Iam a new applicant (applied under the QIIP In Nov 2016) . Can you pls answer as to how much more time my interview will take to come ( already 8 months have passed now)
2) Do you think the processing of docs etc will be faster now , as is being advertised over the web and on many sites
3) Can I order GCMS notes at this stage of my application?
4) can you share the websites / links etc for knowing info on success rates under QIIP etc , I remember reading your post somewhere where you had provided the data etc
5) any other suggestion you would like to give or link etc you would like to provide for information.
Thanks in advance

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
01-12-2010 (Damascus, Syria)
Passport Req..
21-02-2012 (PPR1) / 15-10-2014 (PPR1 with chart) / 17-11-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014 (Received on 01-01-2015)
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 (PR Card : 09-07-2015)
Hi Xpress,
Firstly god bless you, you are doing a tremendous job here. Your knowledge and inputs are helping many of us here.
Iam a new applicant (applied under the QIIP In Nov 2016) . Can you pls answer as to how much more time my interview will take to come ( already 8 months have passed now)
2) Do you think the processing of docs etc will be faster now , as is being advertised over the web and on many sites
3) Can I order GCMS notes at this stage of my application?
4) can you share the websites / links etc for knowing info on success rates under QIIP etc , I remember reading your post somewhere where you had provided the data etc
5) any other suggestion you would like to give or link etc you would like to provide for information.
Thanks in advance
Hi ash1969,

You're most welcome. Always encouraging when people are getting benefit from your work.

1) Regarding interview, I cannot say much. It can take anytime any number of days to any number of months. Since 8 months have passed, you can apply for GCMS notes to see what's happening in your case. It really varies on case by case basis.

2) Processing is faster now, but for less-complicated and less work-intensive cases, such as spousal sponsorship applications. Quebec Investor's processing timeline is still showing as 41 months. So, you have to be very patient.

3) Ordering GCMS notes is never harmless. You might wanna order it now to see where your case is sitting at.

4) I don't have the data for 2017. Only until December 2016

5) Just be patient and keep asking your embassy for progress every 2 to 3 month via Web Form.

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
Hi ash1969,

You're most welcome. Always encouraging when people are getting benefit from your work.

1) Regarding interview, I cannot say much. It can take anytime any number of days to any number of months. Since 8 months have passed, you can apply for GCMS notes to see what's happening in your case. It really varies on case by case basis.

2) Processing is faster now, but for less-complicated and less work-intensive cases, such as spousal sponsorship applications. Quebec Investor's processing timeline is still showing as 41 months. So, you have to be very patient.

3) Ordering GCMS notes is never harmless. You might wanna order it now to see where your case is sitting at.

4) I don't have the data for 2017. Only until December 2016

5) Just be patient and keep asking your embassy for progress every 2 to 3 month via Web Form.
Thank you so much . As always very helpful ,and prompt . God bless you . Will apply for GCMS notes now

Mikehills101

Jun 29, 2017
This is really informative. I am actually thinking about investing and it is really cool that I bump into this thread.

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
Thank you so much . As always very helpful ,and prompt . God bless you . Will apply for GCMS notes now
Hi XpressEnerprise ,
Looking into the future , I have a specific question . I have signed agreement with my agent to transfer CAD 220000/ UPFRONT as one time payment on clearing the interview and for obtaining the CSQ.
Now my question , suppose I transfer the CAD 220000 and get the CSQ. What if,god forbid, I fail in the federal processing ( for any reason,whatsoever )
What is guarantee that this CAD 220000 would be refunded to me . Will the full amount (of CAD 220000) be refunded and what is time frame for return . Is there any confirmed source or link where I can see myself as well
Response would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation
god bless you

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Hi XpressEnerprise ,
Looking into the future , I have a specific question . I have signed agreement with my agent to transfer CAD 220000/ UPFRONT as one time payment on clearing the interview and for obtaining the CSQ.
Now my question , suppose I transfer the CAD 220000 and get the CSQ. What if,god forbid, I fail in the federal processing ( for any reason,whatsoever )
What is guarantee that this CAD 220000 would be refunded to me . Will the full amount (of CAD 220000) be refunded and what is time frame for return . Is there any confirmed source or link where I can see myself as well
Response would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation
god bless you

It should be clear in your agreement that the money gets returned to you if for any reason (beyond your control) you get refused PR . I for one would not be happy pay that amount if I couldn't get it back for example if it was found I or a dependent had a medical issue that caused PR to be refused. Most agreements however won't make a refund if you simply change your mind.