+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

caroljo

Apr 25, 2011
Hi guys,

I need some assistance on these few below questions.

I graduated with a bsc in social science (specialization in Psychology) and a master of business (human resource management).
I read that most probably i won't be able to collect any points for the training except 12 pts for the master. Am i correct on this?

Even if both studies have been conducted in English (postgraduate in Australia), do i still need to go for IELTS?

How difficult is the french test TEF for Quebec? How many correct answers do u need to score out of 30 questions to be able to get the maximum pts? Is there any website to see some sample questions?

Thanks heaps.

nam

Apr 25, 2011
Hi, I am from Bangladesh, applied for quebec skiiled worker program.if everything goes fine how long will it take complete the whole process?

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
totally about 1-1.5 years if everything goes on well.

nam said:
Hi, I am from Bangladesh, applied for quebec skiiled worker program.if everything goes fine how long will it take complete the whole process?

nina_bg

Jul 23, 2010
snow said:
same here joidiple, I'm also having problems taking french classes as it is only available in cebu and manila, classes usually good for 2 - 6 months for us to pass the exam, I have contacted online tutors but I'm not confident if it will be really beneficial to me and they cost more than the usual classes

also I'm holding off my application yet as I'm a self employed applicant and have read that they usually don't count experience in those areas, if that is the case, I will be short of points, plus they said that children and finance points is not counted as well on initial assessment, so it means that I should reach 57 just for education, experience, age, spouse and language.

I'm just confused then as David Cohen assessed me to be eligible, so I guess I won't submit yet considering that the fee is not refundable even on initial assessment, total fees for us as a family of 5 is around $1k.

Anyone please share your views about my concern, thanks
hi pls email me N_Genovatin@yahoo.com, were on d same boat..

Hectar

Apr 19, 2011
Hi Guys..

I have already Applied for Canadian immigration under family sponsorship .( My Brother is a canadian citizen ) but living outside canada due to which might be my application will refused ( the case is still processing )..I want to know whether can i eligible to apply independently under Quebec Skilled worker immigration program ? or first i have to withdraw my application of family sponsorship ( By Profession I am a Computer Engineer ( BSc ( 4 years program ) + 3 years of work experience . Age is 25 years.

fiirm

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012
Hi All,

I am JJC here on the forum and planning to relocate to canada, the only option that i can use is the QSW. Can anybody help me check my points;

What will be my points total

Education MSc Risk Management (Finance) UK
Work experience 6 years
Age 33 yrs
IELTS nil is this required?
French Nil
Stay in Quebec None
Family in Quebec None

Spouse's Characteristics Housewife, 16 Yrs of study. Master (International Affairs)
Children 2 below 12
Financial Autonomy (1 Point)

will i need to attend interview? I am currently in Nigeria, where do i submit my application after i gather all the documenst?
How long does it take to get CSQ?

Pls help!!!

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
fiirm said:
Hi All,

I am JJC here on the forum and planning to relocate to canada, the only option that i can use is the QSW. Can anybody help me check my points;

What will be my points total
Education MSc Risk Management (Finance) UK12 + 6
Work experience 6 years8
Age 33 yrs16
IELTS nil is this required?No +6
French Nilwhen you filling form must tick 1 or 2 and start learning after sending your application
Stay in Quebec None0
Family in Quebec None0
Spouse's Characteristics Housewife, 16 Yrs of study. Master (International Affairs)when she did master
Children 2 below 128
Financial Autonomy (1 Point)

will i need to attend interview? I am currently in Nigeria, where do i submit my application after i gather all the documenst?
How long does it take to get CSQ?

Pls help!!!

fiirm

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012

Thanks for the reply.
My spouse had her Master in 2005.

Will there be interview?
How long does the processing takes?

Thanks

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys, i might sound repetitive, but could someone enlighten my unclear comprehension about the requirements in QSW specifically the requirements in the french language. why is it that if someone try to complete the PEI (evaluation) and he choose NO NOTHING about the french language, the result will still be positive. and everyone here in the forum says french is a must. it should always been a negative result whenever you try the evaluation without choosing at least the first level of the basic french language.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
fiirm said:
Thanks for the reply.
My spouse had her Master in 2005. You will 3 points for her degree.

Will there be interview? not nessarry , but lot of peoples got their csq with interview
How long does the processing takes? It depends upon case to case but at least 12-18 months

Stillhope
Thanks

fiirm

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012
Thanks STILLHOPE,

By my calculation the score is 65 (including) 3 for my wife. Is this correct?
Also, my in my Education you gave 12 + 6, what is the 6 for?
Sorry for my query, i checked a site, that score me total of 56, score 0 in Area of Training. I have done the PEI on quebec website and was given positive remark to apply.

Please help me with list of forms i need to fill and where do i submit the completed forms, also what documentation do you recommend i submit together?

Thank you

rabi28in

May 15, 2011
visaexpert said:
Schooling : Level of Education = Maximum 12 Points or Schooling :Quebec Diploma=Maximum 6 Points
Schooling(Level of Education or Quebec Diploma) = Maximum 12 Points
Areas of Training = Maximum 16 Points

Schooling(Level of Education or Quebec Diploma) + Areas of Training = Total Education Points
Schooling(Max 12 points or Max 6) + Areas of Training(Max 16 points) = Max 28 points
Schooling(Maximum 12 points) + Areas of Training(Maximum 16 points) = Maximum 28 points

Thomas1987

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW-DELHI/ WARSAW POLAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 August 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2nd 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application.
File Transfer...
Jan 7th 2015
Med's Request
14th April 2015
Med's Done....
15th April 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 5th 2015
LANDED..........
July 3rd 2015
Hi Everyone,

I have Applied for the Quebec Immigration process and got my File number on March 22nd 2011. I scored around 55 inclusing 4 point on adaptability.

Educational Level : 10
Area of Training : 6
Professional exp : 6
French : 6
English :6
Financial Self Sufficiency : 1
That makes it to 51
Including adaptabilty 4 point makes it to 55

My concern here is French. I am learning french from Alliance francaise. Its going on well but getting tougher. Am mainly concentraing on oral expression.
Incase if the do not write Delf or do not clear Delf exam and manage to attend 320 hours of french which is Level 2 ie A2 where in the institute will provide a participation certificate that i have successfully completed the course and attended the no of hours. Will i still get a call for the interview if Delf exams are not written as i have claimed 6 pints to it.
Bcoz speaking in french is manageable than clearing the Delf papers as it incluses written, oral, listening sections and need to score above 10 in all sections.

As per the blogs and website details the interview may be scheduled comming Nov or Dec 2011

Am worried as money and time is at stake.

A reply would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Thomas

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Just as French is not mandatory but applicants MAY get rejected if they don't know French inspite of meeting the minimum points requirement, can applicants get rejected for having very little work experience (6-7 months) even if they're fulfilling all other conditions and meeting the minimum points requirement? Should the candidate prefer to work a little more or then apply, or apply right away? Anyone has any specific info on this?

Secondly, if the medium of instruction throughout one's education has been English, would giving IELTS have any advantage, such as fast-track the CSQ application or something? Or would DELF A2 certificates for French be good enough to fast-track the application?

Also, my immigration consultants are refusing to file an application with just 6 months work experience although I am having 50 points with 6 months work ex which is beyond the minimum of 49 because according to them, the Quebec authorities can't really do a proper background check with so little work experience and my application would probably get rejected. Now this is confusing me, because I had a different response to this query on the forums.

psbirdi

May 15, 2011
Hi Friends,

I am from India and am planning to apply for Quebec Skilled Worker. I request the experts on this forum to help me with point calculation.

A brief about me:
I'm 31 year old and hold 8+ years of experience in Information Technology industry. Presently designated as a Senior Consultant with a top company and working in the role of a Project Manager. NOC 0213 matches my profile. I'm married and my wife is Masters in Commerce with specialization in Business Administration. She holds 5+ years of experience as Human Resources Executive.

1. Training:
a) Level of Education - Bachelor of Technology in Electronics & Communications Engineering in year 2002. This was a 4 year full time degree course after 10+2 of Indian Education System.
b) Quebec Diploma - Not sure if what I did is equivalent to it and I can obtain any points for this.
c) Areas of Training - Business Management. However NOC 0213 matches my profile.

2. Validated Employment Offer - No.

3. Experience - 8 years.

4. Age - 31 years.

5. Language Proficiency:
a) French - Started on this. Would be joining Alliance Française for DELF.
b) English - Mode of Language in Education & Work Experience had been English. However would appear for IELTS.

6. Stay and Family in Quebec - No.

7. Spouse's Characteristics:
a) Spouse's Education - Masters in Commerce with specialization in Business Administration in year 2002. Also did 1 year part-time Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration.
b) Spouse's Area of Training - Business Management.
c) Professional Experience - Not working from June 2010 but holds 5+ years of experience as HR executive.
d) Spouse's Age - 31 years.
e) Spouse's Language Proficiency - French Proficiency - Started on this. Would be joining Alliance Française for DELF.

8. Children - No as of now, but my wife is 1 month pregnant.

9. Financial Self-sufficiency - Yes. 5000 USD in bank, 8000 USD in fixed deposits.

10. Adaptability - Not sure how many points I would be able to gather.

Thanks so much in advance,

Regards
psbirdi