+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

takemblues

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
STILLHOPE said:
if u apply now it will take atleast 1-3 months to get AOR and 6-10 for interview after aor.

so u have atleast 6-8 months to prepare for intervie. so if u feel comfortable just go and apply

good luck
stillhope
Means federal processing will start in 1 yrs time and if i show french proficiency, no wait for interview and processing starts right after AOR am i right? by the way how much time federal processing takes?

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
takemblues said:
Means federal processing will start in 1 yrs time and if i show french proficiencynot 100 % but atleast 8-12 months minimum from the date of applying until get csq

, no wait for interview It is 50 - 50 % chances that u get interview or interview waiver,if you are comfortable in french then interview is not very difficutl, they conduct interview to check person plans to settle down in quebec, knowledge about french etc.

and processing starts right after AOR am i right? yes

by the way how much time federal processing takes?It depends upon every biq (Visa Offices) some will get their visa stamped in 2-4 months some get 4-8 months

takemblues

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so without french its almost 2 yrs time.

don't u laugh at me if its mere point scoring(getting 63 points) my wife's expecting, another child and 4 more points bingo

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
@Takemblues,

If you are applying from Pakistan then you should submit your application at BIQ HK. BIQ HK rarely waives the interview and that is also if the applicant is fluent french speaker and many other factors are given importance, so what I am suggesting is that when you are submitting your application then don't ever underestimate the chance of being called for interview because HK 99 % of the times calls the applicants to interview.

Good luck

takemblues

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quebec2011 said:
@ Takemblues,

If you are applying from Pakistan then you should submit your application at BIQ HK. BIQ HK rarely waives the interview and that is also if the applicant is fluent french speaker and many other factors are given importance, so what I am suggesting is that when you are submitting your application then don't ever underestimate the chance of being called for interview because HK 99 % of the times calls the applicants to interview.

Good luck
and if one is not fluent in french what are the chances of successful interview. besides when one clearly mention's in application forms that i don't know french what's the purpose of calling for an interview if its just for checking french fluency.

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
@takemblues,

Actually interview is not conducted only to check your fluency of french but also to know your knowledge of Quebec, to check your original certificates to know your plan for settling down in Quebec etc... But you should not forget that at the end of the day french is decisive because mostly interviews are conducted in french.

If you could learn french after sending your application to BIQ then chances of being selected in interview increases but as I said knowledge of french is just part of interview not whole interview.

Don't ever mention in your application that you don't know french because you will find your application in your Mail box exactly one or two weeks later after sending it to BIQ because as I said french is important and you just can't convince the selectors to select you without french. So what you should do is that enroll in a french language course and attach the enrollment letter with your application and work hard to learn and improve your language and when you are called for interview I assure you that you will be in DELF A2 level and that is enough for a smooth and successful interview.

Good luck

naveedkhan

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
IS there is any legal binding for living in quebec? what if one lives for 4 years in toronto, would it affect the citizenship?

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
naveedkhan said:
IS there is any legal binding for living in quebec? what if one lives for 4 years in toronto, would it affect the citizenship?
We already asked your Q, yes there IS, period, if you wanna live in Toronto go through the right stream to avoid any problems.

naveedkhan

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Refer my the source/policy where it is mentioned that one MUST stay in quebec despite of having problems in settling down (may be due to language or any other reasons.). obviously first choice would be quebec.

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/dcs/D21.pdf

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/dcs/demande-certificat-selection-dyn.pdf

naveedkhan

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Its mentioned that: I DECLARE want to live in Quebec and respect for its values Commons and want to learn French, if I do not speak it already

specify the content where it is written that it is MUST for an immigrant to live in quebec and non compliance will result in the cancellation/deprivation of citizenship passport after 4 years.

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
STILLHOPE, i do not agree with you completely on your post below. For one to meet the cutoff score for employability, the threshold that applies is: - A minimum of 42 points for a single applicant; - A minimum of 50 points for an applicant with his spouse or law spouse. This threshold applies to factors Training, Experience, Age, Knowledge language, living room and family in Quebec, Job validated and, if appropriate characteristics of the husband or partner who accompanies them The clarification i am trying to make here is that spousal characteristic is part of the points for employability cutoff and not preliminary examination. All factors are taken into account during preliminary examination, except the Adaptability factor. furthermore, the employability cutoff is 42 for single applicants and 50 for married couples. Likewise, at the preliminary cutoff stage, the minimum requred points are 49 for single and 57 for double. Hope this clears the confusion.
STILLHOPE said:
hello snow,

employability/pre-screening stage: this put to the test applicants employment prospect in Quebec. factors considered here are: Education,Training,experience, age, Offer of employment,prio-visit/family in Quebec,language.for a double applicant, this stage has a maximum of 101 points, hence any double applicant with a score below 49 will have his/her application rejected without further processing.
for a single applicant, this stage has a maximum of 92points. A single applicant with score below 42 at this stage will have his/her application rejected without further processing.

2)second pre-screening stage:here the officer will consider the following factors: children,characteristics of spouse/partner and financial self sufficiency.at this stage double applicant must seek to increase their point to a minimum of 57 else the application will be rejected. a single applicant on d other hand must increase his/her point to a minimum of 49 else d application will not qualify for 4da processing.

3) SELECTION STAGE: if a double applicant is able to increase point to 63 from the second stage, selection decision will b made based on the file only and CSQ will b issued, double applicant who score less than 63 but up to 57 will b invited for interview where they will have d opportunity to earn part or all d 6-points that is at stake @ d adaptability stage.
A single applicant who score 55 from stage-2 will also get d CSQ without need for interview, while those with up to 49points but less than 55 will be called for interview.In all i believe any applicant who can make it to d second stage have a very strong chance of of success

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
hello

Yes u r write I also checked on the net, long time ago I asked this question and some body come with this answer, so I posted his answer here.

Stillhope

DONSOFT said:
STILLHOPE, i do not agree with you completely on your post below. For one to meet the cutoff score for employability, the threshold that applies is: - A minimum of 42 points for a single applicant; - A minimum of 50 points for an applicant with his spouse or law spouse. This threshold applies to factors Training, Experience, Age, Knowledge language, living room and family in Quebec, Job validated and, if appropriate characteristics of the husband or partner who accompanies them The clarification i am trying to make here is that spousal characteristic is part of the points for employability cutoff and not preliminary examination. All factors are taken into account during preliminary examination, except the Adaptability factor. furthermore, the employability cutoff is 42 for single applicants and 50 for married couples. Likewise, at the preliminary cutoff stage, the minimum requred points are 49 for single and 57 for double. Hope this clears the confusion.

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Very well then, just taught i should put the record straight. Thumbs up.
STILLHOPE said:
hello

Yes u r write I also checked on the net, long time ago I asked this question and some body come with this answer, so I posted his answer here.

Stillhope

Hectar

Apr 19, 2011
Hi Guys..

I have already Applied for Canadian immigration under family sponsorship .( My Brother is a canadian citizen ) but living outside canada due to which might be my application will refused ( the case is still processing )..I want to know whether can i eligible to apply independently under Quebec Skilled worker immigration program ? or first i have to withdraw my application of family sponsorship ( By Profession I am a Computer Engineer ( BSc ( 4 years program ) + 3 years of work experience . Age is 25 years.