+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BioMed said:
Thanks for the reply. Does that mean that I do need a PGWP in order to get the PEQ for three years (proportional to the duration of PhD)? I am planning to apply for PEQ as I am finishing PhD, but will have to leave Canada soon after my PhD for postdoc training in the US. However, I would be willing to come back to Canada as a PR after my postdoc training. That's why I don't really need a PGWP at the time. what do you think?
Thanks
The PGWP is to give you a status in canada and/or let you work while you wait for your PR (for quebec anyway because other provinces have a mandatory 1 year working period). The only issue that there may be a very good chance that the PEQ programme may change its requirements by the time you apply, but other than that there is no real reason to get it. I believe though that the PGWP is specific to when you graduated but am not 100% sure (i.e., you're supposed to get it soon after graduating, not years later). I had planned to leave the country for a few years and apply later for PR too (once you have your CSQ technically it doesn't matter if they change the requirements of the PEQ programme).

So after checking my CSQ document its validity is for 3 years from the date I got it. I actually don't think it has anything to do with PGWP but since I got both documents at the same time they have similar validity i suppose. ( quebec is in charge of CSQ and the federal govt is in charge of PGWP).

I would get the PGWP if you plan to be visiting canada in the meantime since like I said it gives you a legal status in canada (since your study permit will soon expire).

BioMed

Apr 23, 2013
Thanks again. The thing is I have a deadline to join a training program in the US right after my defence and cannot stay until I actually get my diploma and CSQ in Quebec. Therefore, in my case, I can apply for CSQ under the PEQ now (before I actually get my PhD diploma) and then leave Canada right after my defence and wait for the CSQ to be issued by presenting my diploma. Hopefully they wouldn't reject because I am no longer in Quebec.

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BioMed said:
Thanks again. The thing is I have a deadline to join a training program in the US right after my defence and cannot stay until I actually get my diploma and CSQ in Quebec. Therefore, in my case, I can apply for CSQ under the PEQ now (before I actually get my PhD diploma) and then leave Canada right after my defence and wait for the CSQ to be issued by presenting my diploma. Hopefully they wouldn't reject because I am no longer in Quebec.
Oh, that's not an issue. You can apply from anywhere.. in fact you can apply even before you get your diploma (I believe it's up to 4 months before you graduate (not the physical diploma because that's usually months later). In the CSQ application it will say when you expect to graduate) and then once you get all your grades back for your degree, you can demand your university for a letter of completion, which you send directly to the office handling CSQ and they will issue your CSQ shortly thereafter. But if you're not in a hurry to get your PR then you can wait until you get the diploma in hand, which will give you more leeway with your CSQ validity.

BioMed

Apr 23, 2013
I have a follow-up question also. As for PEQ language requirement, I've been doing my PhD at UdeM for more than 4 years and all my transcripts and attestations are already in French, however, no where it's specifically mentioned that the courses were in French (does any department issue such a letter at UdeM at all? as UdeM is already a French speaking university). Do you think that would suffice?
Thanks

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BioMed said:
I have a follow-up question also. As for PEQ language requirement, I've been doing my PhD at UdeM for more than 4 years and all my transcripts and attestations are already in French, however, no where it's specifically mentioned that the courses were in French (does any department issue such a letter at UdeM at all? as UdeM is already a French speaking university). Do you think that would suffice?
Thanks
I believe it says that if you have a degree from a french university it should suffice. But I would check their website for the language requirements. I think it's also listed in the actual form as well.

BioMed

Apr 23, 2013
Thanks,
I checked the website, here is what it says:
" You will be exempt from presenting an attestation of a standardized test if you provide one of the following documents:
a complete academic transcript attesting to the successful completion of at least three years of secondary or post-secondary study in French pursued full time in Québec or abroad; If you did your study program entirely in French in Québec and submit the diploma and academic transcripts to prove this, you automatically satisfy this requirement."
So, I guess I can enclose my transcripts now and once I defend my PhD present my diploma. Hope it works.

BioMed

Apr 23, 2013
on the PEQ application form, question 11 asks "Une fois que vous aurez obtenu votre CSQ, à quel Bureau canadien des visas déposerez-vous votre demande de visa de résident permanent ?" and according to their website thé answer this should be Sydney, Nova Scotia. Am I right?

chde0883

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Hello Everyone. I have applied on sept 13 and i got file number in March 14.

So how much time take to get Nomination Certificate & complete whole procedure ?

securer

Mar 21, 2014
Tacloban City, Leyte, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
nurse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2014
AOR Received.
April 21, 2014 but file opened march 17, 2014
IELTS Request
with the file
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
soon
Med's Done....
soon
Interview........
waived hopefully
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
hopefully this year
AOR is the same as the time your file was opened?

amitkadia

Jun 13, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I applied for my CSQ in Oct 2011 and received my AOR in January 2012. I applied for the CSQ from Toronto, Canada through a lawyer but when I received the AOR, I had to come back to my country of origin due to some personal issues and since then i haven't gone back. I've cleared my French level A1 and got the certificate.

Till date I've not received any communication from the Immig office about the status of my file. I'm not sure if anyone is facing the same problem. Can anyone shed some light in this matter?

Anand_Inida

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2014
Doc's Request.
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along
Interview........
Waived
Hello,

I applied for CSQ in Jan 2014 in Montreal. I am working in Montreal as Aerospace Engineer with Valid CAQ and LMO ( for aeropsace engineers) from a Canadian Employer. They are both valid for 3 years up to 2016 FEB. My questions are

1) My office is in ST-Eustache and in order to get the Maximum 10 points under the validated employment, CAQ and LMO are enough or I need any special document from my employer.
2) Do I recieve the proiority processing because I have a permanenr Job offer from my employer? ( I submited the letter from employer that my job offer is permanenr and on direct basis).

Appreciate for spending time in answering the above question.
Thanks and regards
ANand

Hadi.

Mar 25, 2014
Hello everyone,
I was wondering, can I send a "Change to the application" form to my application before receiving a file number or reference number?
Thank you

talk2melas

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSW:October 3rd,2013. Federal : February 16th 2016
Nomination.....
15-02-2015
AOR Received.
QSW:08-04-2014, Federal 20-02-2016
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
26-03-2016
Interview........
QSW: 15-02-2015
Passport Req..
20--04-3016
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hadi. said:
Hello everyone,
I was wondering, can I send a "Change to the application" form to my application before receiving a file number or reference number?
Thank you
You do not need to do that , wait till you get your file number in order not to lose your document(s) you want to update your file with.

Hadi.

Mar 25, 2014
talk2melas said:
You do not need to do that , wait till you get your file number in order not to lose your document(s) you want to update your file with.
Thank you for your fast reply. But what about the 30 days period they give you to submit the change?
If I waited, I may end up submitting the document few months late.