Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quoted from: http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/presse/communiques/com20140218.html

Translated via Google Translate

News

Filing a new immigration law in Quebec

Quebec must change its method of selecting immigrants

Quebec , Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - The Minister of Immigration and Cultural Communities and Minister of the Charter of the French language , Diane De Courcy , today tabled in the National Assembly a new law on the Quebec immigration to replace the current law , which dates from 1968 . The new law allows updating issues related to immigration and establish a new way of selecting immigrants based on a statement of interest.

"Quebec is seen as a destination of choice and we want it that way. Our current times are still too long . Too long for immigrants who put their life project parentheses waiting for our answer. Also too long for Quebec society , as today we select based on applications received it a few years and needs there several years. Quebec and the people who want to live there deserve to have done differently and we will do better , "said Minister Diane De Courcy .

Reflect the issues of the day

The bill promotes the French language , regionalization and integration , especially integration in employment. He recalls that integration is a shared responsibility between the immigrant and the host society . It also stresses the importance of promoting the common values ​​of Quebec society with immigrants . "The French language , integration and regionalization are not even mentioned as objectives in the current law ," said the minister to illustrate the importance of a new law .

EOI

Immigration to Quebec in the economic class applications have been growing in recent years. The rising demand helps to generate an inventory of more and more difficult to control , at the same time lengthening the processing time. From 2009 to 2011 , the inventory has reached nearly 100,000 immigration applications and is currently made ​​up of about 80 000 files .

One objective of the new law is to ensure that the popularity of Quebec on ​​the international scene is an asset to select immigrants. The instrument of this asset will be the implementation of the statement of interest, a system that has already proven itself , including Australia and New Zealand.

Under the new system , the applicant must first submit a statement of interest and satisfy a number of criteria to incorporate the bank of candidates . In order of priority set according to the needs of Quebec, targeted candidates will be invited to make a formal application for immigration. The Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities can thus continuously select the most suitable to meet the needs of Quebec candidates.

Candidates who have not been invited to submit their application and whose declaration has expired will have their statement be removed from the bank. However, they may submit a new declaration of interest if they wish .

"This method has many advantages . The large number of immigration related to the popularity of applications Quebec become an advantage rather than clog the system. Banking applications allow us to choose the best talent to ensure the development of Quebec society and the development of our common language , "said the minister.

Strengthen good governance practices

Several other provisions designed to improve good governance practices : acquire the necessary levers to prevent and combat fraud, protect immigrants and Quebec society, and strengthen the integrity of immigration programs. For example , immigration consultants shall be chargeable , under penalty , the veracity of the information provided.

"The Department of Immigration and Cultural Communities has invested significant efforts to modernize its processes and improve the services offered to immigrants . I am proud to help accelerate modernization and have contributed to better define the consistency and continuity of interventions immigration , francisation , integration and regionalization . As of 2014 , the Québec must have a modern immigration system to achieve a goal which we all adhere to, that of a strong immigration of his " Quebec , the Minister concluded .

Brace yourselves, EOI is coming...

fiirm

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012
Good day,

Kindly help me under what area of training will MSc CORPORATE RISK MANAGEMENT be on th area of training grid.

Fiirm

ranirani

Feb 22, 2014
Hi anybody, Can anyone tell how long does it take for processing to quebec under skilled worker category. Is it true 12-18months? I applied in October 2013.

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
ranirani said:
Hi anybody, Can anyone tell how long does it take for processing to quebec under skilled worker category. Is it true 12-18months? I applied in October 2013.
I am regret to say that it is almost impossible to get done entire process within 12-18 months.But,I have noticed that a very rare applicants with high level of french proficiency and liscence from the professional order have got selection certifiicate within the time frame you mentioned.

jimmy80

Oct 19, 2012
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ 15-05-2011 Federal 25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
update of Docs requested in June 2014 and provided in July 2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 29/08/2014(without interview) Fereal application 20-09-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR 10 -08-2011- Federal AOR 30/01/2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable, (C1,B2 in TEFAQ Jan-2014)
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Request
06-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 inchallah
ranirani said:
Hi anybody,.
Please note that actually there is no processing time, or time frame for the application process.
it's different from country or zone to another and if priority AOT it's much more faster.
I know many people applying since Jan 2011 and they are mot called for anything.
i personally applied since May 2011 AOR received in Aug 2011 and i got C1 B2 and also my spouse she got the same and we send it to Quebec but always no news.
so keep your expectation as lower as you can since with them nothing is guaranteed and easily they can work on new procedure which can put our case in a bad situation.
At the end Good luck." il faut bien patienter"

Tosode

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Root
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03 Jan 16
Nomination.....
19 July 16
AOR Received.
17 Nov 16
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
upfront 15 Aug 17
Med's Done....
passed + ADR 21 Aug 17
chde0883 said:
Yes Tosode, We have to passed exam until B2 level so we get 14 Marks. For A1, A2 and B1 there will be 0 points. Its depend on them to issue CSQ or not ? Because they are looking french learner people. If our point is above required point or not ...

I think if we clear B2 level then i didn't find any reason to CSQ rejection if all paperwork on good manners.

Its apply to all whoever apply on period of 1st Aug to 31st March 14.
Thanks again, are now saying if I don't have B2 I won't be able to be granted selection certificate?

manoj2014

Nov 22, 2013
hi, i was applied june 2012 first but some document are missed then i got back my file but i got latter with file no. then i was applied my file again jan 2013 in gs family my cousine is in manitoba but i havn't get my file no . yet ... is have any idea ?

kelsey1900

Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
AOR Received.
10/08/2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Interview........
22-02-2014
so I had my interview last friday but no decision was made. the interviewer said she needs to check out something and get back to me within a week or two. what does that mean? she didnt tell me what she was going to check on etc. is that a good or bad thing?

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelsey1900 said:
so I had my interview last friday but no decision was made. the interviewer said she needs to check out something and get back to me within a week or two. what does that mean? she didnt tell me what she was going to check on etc. is that a good or bad thing?
Usually they hand out csq after interview. But at least you had your interview done. Good luck on the results!

livingwater

Mar 5, 2014
Can anyone tell me what has changed after August 1,2013? earlier applications were processed in respective visa office of so and so regions. Now all applications are being processed at Montreal. does that mean its more faster than earlier processing?
Does applicant knowing french get higher priority than other applicants?
Please repsond.

quebec2013

Aug 27, 2013
Honey89 said:
HI Senior Members
ATTENSION PLEASE!!!!
Can anybody have right information about this issue I want quebec skill worker immigration so I heared that quebec immigration is closed right now because of excess of application submitted and cap is full now and it will be closed for 2015 & 2016 ....please can any body tell me it is right??
Please check this link http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/notice-immigration.html

canadaPRPR

Mar 11, 2014
Hello,

So i got the PPR and sent the passport to ottawa and they sent it back to me on march 5th, it reached montreal on march 6th and still didn't receive it yet, i used xpresspost. I called canada post and they told me they are investigating about my passport.

Now they are saying that it is not lost yet but they are trying to locate it

My question is if they lost it what can i do ? Can ottawa issue a new visa if i apply for a new passport ? please help

BioMed

Apr 23, 2013
Hi dear friends,
I have two quick questions for you guys and would very much appreciate it if anyone can share their experience or knowledge:

- Was wondering if if a Quebec graduate applies for CSQ under PEQ from inside Quebec and while awaiting its issuance or just after that, leaves Canada for a short-term training (e.g. 1 yr or so) in the US, does that cancel the CSQ application or the subsequent federal PR application?

- Alternatively, can one apply under PEQ from abroad e.g. US?

Many thanks

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BioMed said:
Hi dear friends,
I have two quick questions for you guys and would very much appreciate it if anyone can share their experience or knowledge:

- Was wondering if if a Quebec graduate applies for CSQ under PEQ from inside Quebec and while awaiting its issuance or just after that, leaves Canada for a short-term training (e.g. 1 yr or so) in the US, does that cancel the CSQ application or the subsequent federal PR application?

- Alternatively, can one apply under PEQ from abroad e.g. US?

Many thanks
No, it doesn't cancel. In my case my CSQ was valid until my PGWP was expired (or 3 years), and Yes you can apply under PEQ from abroad. In fact, depending on where you're from, it's seems to be much faster to use an overseas immigration office to have your PEQ processed (like paris etc).

BioMed

Apr 23, 2013
dior12 said:
No, it doesn't cancel. In my case my CSQ was valid until my PGWP was expired (or 3 years), and Yes you can apply under PEQ from abroad. In fact, depending on where you're from, it's seems to be much faster to use an overseas immigration office to have your PEQ processed (like paris etc).
Thanks for the reply. Does that mean that I do need a PGWP in order to get the PEQ for three years (proportional to the duration of PhD)? I am planning to apply for PEQ as I am finishing PhD, but will have to leave Canada soon after my PhD for postdoc training in the US. However, I would be willing to come back to Canada as a PR after my postdoc training. That's why I don't really need a PGWP at the time. what do you think?
Thanks