+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

Inurrite

Aug 27, 2012
Ievgen said:
You can submit your application with no french if you have sufficient points. After you receive AOR then you can update your application with french scores. It's recommended to have at least lower intermediate level B1 because if you submit beginner A1 scores it almost guarantees an interview call even with excessive points. Also, the rules will become more strict on french proficiency soon.
Thank you

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inurrite said:
Thank you
Even if the application will receive priority do you still think that an interview call is a must? The interview may be held in English, so I don't undertsand why if not submitting French test they will call you for an interview with excessive points. :(

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
ecekid said:
Hi Ievgen,
I found AOT on this website, but it's dated 2009. Is it updated each year or just the same?. Thanks
immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training . pdf
These AOT points are applicable until July 31. After that the selection rules are gonna be revised. Since your AOT gives you 6 points you should wait for two months to see if it might go to the priority list under new rules. Also, if your profession is regulated you need to check the requirements for professional order that issues work permit. I created a separate thread with discussion on this topic before here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/professional-orders-obtaining-a-permit-finding-a-job-in-a-regulated-profession-t149148.0.html;msg2300773#msg2300773

ecekid

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
Thanks Ievegen,
I'd be waiting. btw, do you recommend the best material for TCF? Thanks,
Ievgen said:
These AOT points are applicable until July 31. After that the selection rules are gonna be revised. Since your AOT gives you 6 points you should wait for two months to see if it might go to the priority list under new rules. Also, if your profession is regulated you need to check the requirements for professional order that issues work permit. I created a separate thread with discussion on this topic before here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/professional-orders-obtaining-a-permit-finding-a-job-in-a-regulated-profession-t149148.0.html;msg2300773#msg2300773

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
ecekid said:
Thanks Ievegen,
I'd be waiting. btw, do you recommend the best material for TCF? Thanks,
I prepared for the test with Rosetta Stone course. In 3 months I reached B1 level.

ecekid

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
In 3 months. That's amazing. I guess because TCFQ is not as challenging as DELF B1. Btw, for the professional order, do I need to get it before I submit QSW? Do you apply to Australia btw? It seems the systems work similarly.

Ievgen said:
I prepared for the test with Rosetta Stone course. In 3 months I reached B1 level.

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
ecekid said:
In 3 months. That's amazing. I guess because TCFQ is not as challenging as DELF B1. Btw, for the professional order, do I need to get it before I submit QSW? Do you apply to Australia btw? It seems the systems work similarly.
I took TEFAQ because you have the results are issued in month unlike DELF where you have to wait for four months to get a certificate. You don't have to apply to any orders if you don't want to as it's a separate application that has nothing to do with QSW immigration. Never considered Australia. It's hot out there ;D

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
pepe84 said:
Even if the application will receive priority do you still think that an interview call is a must? The interview may be held in English, so I don't undertsand why if not submitting French test they will call you for an interview with excessive points. :(
There's a high probability of being called for an interview if not submitting any french scores or if submitting only beginner results.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ievgen said:
There's a high probability of being called for an interview if not submitting any french scores or if submitting only beginner results.
sure french is either than ukrainian ;)

luckystar123

Apr 19, 2012
I have Computer Science degree almost 10 years I have work experience for 2 years as Network Engineer NOC 2147 seven years back now I am working in NOC 4131 six years which lies under A, B, O I got 6 points for AOT my questions is that my experience will count 2 year or 8 years and I am eligible for Quebec

1. I have WES Credit Assessment Report which equals my degree 4 years Bach. degree. should I sent this report as well.
2. IELTS Listing 6.5, Speaking 6.5
3. Age 34
4. Experience 2 years Network Engineer + 6 years Computer instructor = total 8 years
5. Funds 34,000 CAD
6. one child less then six months

Spouse

7. Age 27
8. MBBS
9. Experience 1 year
10. IELTS listing 8 , speaking 6.5

French admission slip attach with application TEF exam 21 july 2013 report ready to send by Aug 2013. Should I sent my application ???

Thanks

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
lemans207 said:
sure french is either than ukrainian ;)
I agree lemans ;D. It's easier, but a little more difficult than english.
By the way, I read that if you have a CSQ already you can practice "francais en ligne" for free on the immigration website.
It might be helpful preparation. Have you tried it already?

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ievgen said:
I agree lemans ;D. It's easier, but a little more difficult than english.
By the way, I read that if you have a CSQ already you can practice "francais en ligne" for free on the immigration website.
It might be helpful preparation. Have you tried it already?
im from francophone country , i have intermediate level, i dont think its useful, as you are there ;)

Mistaken_Identity

Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
Hello everyone

I'm a bit of a noob in this. I took the online evaluation and it says that I qualify. Here is my profile

First of all I've been studying French at Alliance Française de Dhaka for almost 3 years now. I've passed DELF A1 ( got 86.5) and DELF A2( got 88) and will give DELF B1 later this month. My level of French is reasonably good I think.

I completed my graduation from North South University, Dhaka, Bangladesh in 2010. I achieved a BSc degree in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering.

I've recently completed my MBA in Finance from the same university in April 2013.

In total I have 1 year and 10 months of permanent work experience (40 hrs/week). Out of that I have 1 year and 1 month of work experience as a computer/telecom engineer.

I gave IELTS in 2010 and got 9 in listening, 9 in reading, 7 in speaking and 6.5 in writing. That has expired so I'm giving it again. Already had my speaking test and the other parts of the exam are on tomorrow in fact.

I actually wanted to go for the FSW program and am still hoping I can apply for that but because of having to wait for IELTS score I might miss out there. I want to try for QSW. Do you think I need to sit for TEFAQ?

Hoping for some feedback guys. I have to register for the next etefaq exam by 10th june.
Also do I have to apply by 31st July?

Oh and I'm 27 and unmarried.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you should and before July 31st .
luckystar123 said:
I have Computer Science degree almost 10 years I have work experience for 2 years as Network Engineer NOC 2147 seven years back now I am working in NOC 4131 six years which lies under A, B, O I got 6 points for AOT my questions is that my experience will count 2 year or 8 years and I am eligible for Quebec

1. I have WES Credit Assessment Report which equals my degree 4 years Bach. degree. should I sent this report as well.
2. IELTS Listing 6.5, Speaking 6.5
3. Age 34
4. Experience 2 years Network Engineer + 6 years Computer instructor = total 8 years
5. Funds 34,000 CAD
6. one child less then six months

Spouse

7. Age 27
8. MBBS
9. Experience 1 year
10. IELTS listing 8 , speaking 6.5

French admission slip attach with application TEF exam 21 july 2013 report ready to send by Aug 2013. Should I sent my application ???

Thanks

Mistaken_Identity

Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
Hello everyone

I'm a bit confused about the Areas of Training Part. According to the Intake of applications page

There are 2 pdf links. One for you to get 6 pts and one for you to get 12 or 16 pts.

I have BSc in Engineering ( Electronics and Telecommunications) and MBA from Bangladesh.

According to the 1st link (i.e. to get 6 pts) it falls under the degree obtained in quebec or equivalent part.

In the quebec degree equivalency sheet and going to the Bangladesh page from there

I find BSc in Engineering is listed there. So is it equivalent to the quebec degree and am I eligible for those 6 pts?

Please help.

I wanted to post all the links but I was not allowed to.