Biq-hkng
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
IELTS Request
submitted wid application
Hey freinds,m in a great trouble,trying to despatch ma file since august but some or the other hurdles r coming,now I wish to know that my category comes on grade A n m gettin 16points,but I don't have relevant experience of my trade but my intended profession is my trade only...freinds plz suggest what I shud mention in that intended profession form...??bcoz my plans are I will study after going there and practice my profession of aeronautical engg....?? Plz help....badly confused.... :'

Nik2012

Jan 16, 2013
Help requested in filling application

Hi all,
I am planning to apply for Quebec SW this year but I would need some advices from you about QUESTION 12 in the A-0520-AA document, which asks:

"List EVERY place where you have LIVED in the past 10 years".

I am wondering what "LIVED" means, because in Italy "Living" means to settle, to have a permanent residence, to permanently move. In that case, my answers will be only ITALY, otherwise, if LIVED means just "stay abroad for a time as to work, for instance", well, me wife (which will apply with me) have worked abroad for 6, 12 and 18 months in different places. That could seriously affect our application because of the huge problem to get information about her staying from those remote, development Countries which rarely have an Office dedicated to that.

But I am waiting for your answers based of your experience.
Thank you a lot.

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nik2012 said:
Hi all,
I am planning to apply for Quebec SW this year but I would need some advices from you about QUESTION 12 in the A-0520-AA document, which asks:

"List EVERY place where you have LIVED in the past 10 years".

I am wondering what "LIVED" means, because in Italy "Living" means to settle, to have a permanent residence, to permanently move. In that case, my answers will be only ITALY, otherwise, if LIVED means just "stay abroad for a time as to work, for instance", well, me wife (which will apply with me) have worked abroad for 6, 12 and 18 months in different places. That could seriously affect our application because of the huge problem to get information about her staying from those remote, development Countries which rarely have an Office dedicated to that.

But I am waiting for your answers based of your experience.
Thank you a lot.
If you have lived in any country for more than 6 months then you must need to provide PCC from all countries.

Nik2012

Jan 16, 2013
harit79 said:
If you have lived in any country for more than 6 months then you must need to provide PCC from all countries.
Hi, thank you for your prompt answer.
Could you please give me the official references about that one in order to better study the rules before my application?
In addition, did anyone have to prove his/her staying abroad by reaching the documents in foreign Countries or it is enough to state in the application?
Thanks a lot.

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nik2012 said:
Hi, thank you for your prompt answer.
Could you please give me the official references about that one in order to better study the rules before my application?
In addition, did anyone have to prove his/her staying abroad by reaching the documents in foreign Countries or it is enough to state in the application?
Thanks a lot.
Here is the source of info.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

I have lived in 4 different countries, so i have to provided PCC after getting my CSQ.

Ruky

Jan 17, 2013
Hello,

I am planning to apply for CSQ and would like to find out if Public Health is considered as one of the priority profession.

Thank you.

Nik2012

Jan 16, 2013
harit79 said:
Here is the source of info.
(...)
I have lived in 4 different countries, so i have to provided PCC after getting my CSQ.
So, you say that PCC should be provided AFTER getting the CSQ? I have still to send the application, should I delay it?
Finally, because of it is my wife who should provide that certificates (from Africa, South America) that will take SO LONG, do you think it would be better to apply alone (instead with her as wife of the principal applicant) in order avoid mention that Police Certificates and later make my wife join to me once in Canada or is it useless?

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nik2012 said:
So, you say that PCC should be provided AFTER getting the CSQ? I have still to send the application, should I delay it?
Finally, because of it is my wife who should provide that certificates (from Africa, South America) that will take SO LONG, do you think it would be better to apply alone (instead with her as wife of the principal applicant) in order avoid mention that Police Certificates and later make my wife join to me once in Canada or is it useless?
You dont have to delay your application if everything is ready.
Yes after getting CSQ you have to apply for PCC. So you will have immense time to apply for PCC.
So you better apply with your spouse now.

fruju

Nov 28, 2012
Hello,

I have two questions:

1. I have a master’s degree in “Electrical and Computer Engineering” from UBC in Canada, and a bacherlor's degree in "Electrical and Electronic Engineering" from a university in New Zealand. I have seen on the QC points grid that “Computer Engineering” qualifies for 12 points, while “Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering” qualifies for 6 points. Does anyone have any idea where they would place my degree? I seem to be stuck in the middle.

2. I am currently temporary resident in Quebec on a post-grad work permit. If I already have a job, can I still obtain a "certified employment offer" for that job, to gain those points.

I'd be grateful for any help or advice.

Thanks! :)

cjlaila

Mar 23, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 27.2011
Doc's Request.
sent all
AOR Received.
August 30.2011
IELTS Request
sent w/ application
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
JUNE 15.2012 TNX GOD
VISA ISSUED...
Recieved pp after 5wks
LANDED..........
...IN SHAALA by October 2012
RE: funds needed for Quebec nominee

Hi,

Any one who knows how much is the funds needed for Quebec provincial nominee?
For 2 adults and 2 kids?
Thanks

ian89

Jan 22, 2013
Good Day to all the Experts here!

My agent told me I got 49 points as of now and encourages me to submit my applications as soon as possible.

Degree: Bachelor of Science in Nursing= 10+12= 22 points
Experience: More than 1 Year= 4 points
IELTS: L=8.5 S=8, overall band is 8= 6 points
Financial: 1 point

Is is this correct? I hope some one can help me.

I have Zero French knowledge as of the moment but I am planning to enroll in one of the Universities here and learn on my own too.

Questions:

1. Am I eligible for QSW?
2. How long does one need to stay in Quebec, once landed, before he can transfer to other provinces? I am planning to reside in Toronto since I have my relatives there and I will be able to save much from housing and others.

Thank You Everyone! I hope someone will reply on this post. I badly need help since I am very much confused as of the moment. Thanks again. :)

ian89

Jan 22, 2013
Another thing, i'll be gaining 2 more points on my experience as a I will be on my 2nd year working as a nurse. Maybe in 3-6 months depending whether they'll honor non-remunerated duty hours ( I was a volunteer Nurse back in 2010 for 5 months) and started working last October 2011 as paid nurse.

I hope someone can help me. I need enlightenment on a lot of things. Salamat- Thank You! ;D

RITI

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Hi
I am from india and we have applied for the Quebec skilled worker program. Our application was recieved at BIQ hong kong on 3rd Oct but till date we have not heard anything from then neither the file no. is this is the normal time line what should we do in this scenario.

cezar99

Dec 11, 2011
I have a problem with obtaining a certified copy of my partner's undergrad diploma. The university she went to refuses to certify the copy, so I contemplating the following options:
- academic transcript showing that she has completed all the coursework and obtained a degree. However, they didn't accept and official academic transcript + unofficial copy of the diploma from my other university, so I am a little skeptical about this option
- academic transcript + notarized copy of the diploma. However, I am a little skeptical about this option because they state in the instructions that the copy should be certified by the institution that has issued the diploma.
- do I even have to provide a copy of undergrad diploma if I have a Master's degree?
- send the original diploma to my embassy and get a certified copy from them

Any thoughts/ similar experience wil be much appreciated!

Preeti27

Feb 4, 2013
I have Zero French knowledge as of the moment but I am planning to enroll in one of the Universities here and learn on my own too.
To prepare for the DELF exam, the best place to learn is the Alliance Francaise, as the DELF exams are conducted in the Alliance Francaise. But if you don't have any Alliance Francaise near where you leave, you can also use their online french course ClickOnFrench, that will help you prepare for the DELF.