+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

Pratik2422

Jun 15, 2012
Thanx for your speedy reply Expert.

I have one question abt AOT, as you mentioned in that As my Bachelor is in chemical engineering I should get 12 pts. but the link provided by you,
in the PDF file in Pg no 5, section C, Under foreign degrees my AOT chemical Engineering ( Bach 4 years ) is mentioned,As I have completed my bachelors in India, So it says that I can get Only 6 points.

Or I can still get 12 points because of my Masters degree in chemical engineering ?

Awaiting ur response.

Thanx

Pratik2422 said:
Dear Expert

Please help me with Quebec point assessment, As I am planning to apply.

1. Qualification - Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering ( 1 and 1/2 year ) ( USA )
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering (4 years) ( India)
2. Age - 26
3. Work Exp - 1 year
4. Language - IELTS - (Speaking -7, Listening 7 Bands)
French e- TEFAQ ( Listening - 1 point, Speaking - 1 point )
5. Unmarried,
6. Funds no problem
7. Never been to Quebec.
8. No relative in Quebec

Can I get points for areas of training? if yes how much? and Can I get points for Occupation in Demand as my Major is Chemical Engineering? if yes how much?

Please calculate my points.

Thanks in advance for help.

Pratik

cvd222

Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Request
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2013
Can anyone help me???

I already have my CSQ, just waiting for PPR from the VO. I received my CSQ with a validated job offer (6 points), and I am already working in that job here in Montreal. What would happen if my company transfers me to one of their offices in another country before I receive my PR? Will my CSQ be revoked or reevaluated, and I'd have to go back to square 1?

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
I don't think so. you're still employed by the company right? But you have to inform the federal government for any changes in your employment or marital status etc. What's your aot by the way?

kuro_shio

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Nomination.....
CSQ 04-12-2014
AOR Received.
BIQ 22-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-04-2015
Med's Request
05-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
I think he mistook Chemical Engineering for Chemistry..

You are right Pratik, you get 6 points as your degree was obtained in India.

You have overall 46 points so you are lacking 3 for the interview threshold.

Regards

Pratik2422 said:
Thanx for your speedy reply Expert.

I have one question abt AOT, as you mentioned in that As my Bachelor is in chemical engineering I should get 12 pts. but the link provided by you,
in the PDF file in Pg no 5, section C, Under foreign degrees my AOT chemical Engineering ( Bach 4 years ) is mentioned,As I have completed my bachelors in India, So it says that I can get Only 6 points.

Or I can still get 12 points because of my Masters degree in chemical engineering ?

Awaiting ur response.

Thanx

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
gigianne2011 said:
HI THERE ALL..

ITS SO DEPRESSING. I HAVEN'T RECEIVE ANY LETTERS YET (WAITING LIST LETTER) AFTER MY AOR AND IT'S BEEN 5 MONTHS SINCE I RECEIVED IT. ;(

IT'S UNUSUAL BECAUSE IT ONLY TAKES 2-3MONTHS THEY WILL SEND YOU ANOTHER LETTER. JUST LIKE MY FRIENDS' SITUATION.

HAS ANYONE FROM PHILIPPINES HERE SENT THEIR APPLICATION LAST NOV-DEC2011?
Hi, I m from India and I applied to biq hk. I got my aor almost 9 months back and no communication after that letter. :(
Since last Nov-2011, biq hk has really became slow, else it is the fastest biq for qsw.
I contacted biq hk twice by email in last 2 months, but I got the same reply that
"they have rcvd huge numbers of application, so processing times have increased and my file will be treated when its turn will come.
The applications biq hk is processing currently is upto oct 2010 and if your aot is in priority list then only your turn will come ahead of all who have applied before you. Otherwise, you must wait for your turn to come as per the AOR number. :eek:
Till that time, I must contact biq only if there is any change in my status. Else, they will contact me." :(

This waiting is really frustrating. when I sent my application, I thought that within 6 months I will get my call for interview, but it is 9 months and no further process. What to do now other than waiting??? :( :(
Your friend got his interview can be because of his aot will be in priority list such as Nursing, Chemistry, Civil Engg, Aviation etc. Such applicants will get faster processing over others because of their aot in priority list.

sameer004

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2013 Received on ....:17-May-2013 . PER .... -29/7/2013الله أكبر
File Transfer...
02-Sept-2013
Med's Request
07-Jan-2014
mkshah said:
Hi, I m from India and I applied to biq hk. I got my aor almost 9 months back and no communication after that letter. :(
Since last Nov-2011, biq hk has really became slow, else it is the fastest biq for qsw.
I contacted biq hk twice by email in last 2 months, but I got the same reply that
"they have rcvd huge numbers of application, so processing times have increased and my file will be treated when its turn will come.
The applications biq hk is processing currently is upto oct 2010 and if your aot is in priority list then only your turn will come ahead of all who have applied before you. Otherwise, you must wait for your turn to come as per the AOR number. :eek:
Till that time, I must contact biq only if there is any change in my status. Else, they will contact me." :(

This waiting is really frustrating. when I sent my application, I thought that within 6 months I will get my call for interview, but it is 9 months and no further process. What to do now other than waiting??? :( :(
Your friend got his interview can be because of his aot will be in priority list such as Nursing, Chemistry, Civil Engg, Aviation etc. Such applicants will get faster processing over others because of their aot in priority list.
I think we in the same timeline mkshah, infact in my case i have degree in statistic and probability priority still it have not made any difference in processing time.
Can some one advice me the process of changing the primary applicant , also how many points are there for

Bsc statistics and proabability (Indian Degree) 3yr degree after highschool

been little worried now thinking my application is not dealt as it should be.

nn234

Jun 22, 2012
visaexpert said:
It's good that you score enough points without french.

I advice you to join french language class for 2 to 4 months, no need to take any DELF level exam. French will help you a lot when you go to Quebec. It's not difficult but require some time to understand.

Visa officer will take your interview and you may get the CSQ if you have little knowledge of french since you already score enough point to pass.
Hi, I read about you on the Canada Visa discussion forum. Can you please help me for Quebec Skilled Worker Program,

I have studied Bachelors of Management Studies (3 years Bachelors Degree) and Masters Of Science in Finance. Can I claim points for Business Management DCS, 3 years . In the Areas Of Training they say that Business Management (DCS - 3 years) . It means they want DCS and mine is a Bachelors degree, so can I score points or not??? Is there any other Area which I can claim points for if not this one??

Regards,
Thanks a lot,
Nishit

nn234

Jun 22, 2012
visaexpert said:
It's good that you score enough points without french.

I advice you to join french language class for 2 to 4 months, no need to take any DELF level exam. French will help you a lot when you go to Quebec. It's not difficult but require some time to understand.

Visa officer will take your interview and you may get the CSQ if you have little knowledge of french since you already score enough point to pass.
Hi, I read about you on the Canada Visa discussion forum. Can you please help me for Quebec Skilled Worker Program,

I have studied Bachelors of Management Studies (3 years Bachelors Degree) and Masters Of Science in Finance. Can I claim points for Business Management DCS, 3 years . In the Areas Of Training they say that Business Management (DCS - 3 years) . It means they want DCS and mine is a Bachelors degree, so can I score points or not??? Is there any other Area which I can claim points for if not this one??

Regards,
Thanks a lot

nn234

Jun 22, 2012
kuro_shio said:
I think he mistook Chemical Engineering for Chemistry..

You are right Pratik, you get 6 points as your degree was obtained in India.

You have overall 46 points so you are lacking 3 for the interview threshold.

Regards

For the Quebec Skilled Worker Program,

I have studied Bachelors of Management Studies (3 years Bachelors Degree from India) and Masters Of Science in Finance (from UK 1year degree). Can I claim points for Business Management DCS, 3 years ????. In the Areas Of Training they say that Business Management (DCS - 3 years) . It means they want DCS and mine is a Bachelors degree, so can I score points or not??? Is there any other Area which I can claim points for if not this one??

Regards,
Thanks a lot,
Nishit

fredna

Jun 24, 2012
Bonjour
I'm going to send the Application for Selection Certificate(skilled workers program). I'm collecting all the necessary documents now.
I have a next question.
I have passed the DELF test(Diplôme d’études en langue française).
But I must wait more than 5 months to get the original diploma.
Is it possible to prove my language skills in French by the another official document which called "Аttestation de réussite". And submit it in support of my Application.
This document was given for me by the national commission of DELF of ministry of education of France in the official center that offers the this test in Ukraine.
I have passed the test there.
This document contain next information:
- the results of my test
- identity information
- center, there I have passed the test
- seal
- signature of the president of jury.
Thank you for your reply.

reginaforquebec

May 20, 2012
To all seniors,

Need your help regarding work certificate needed.

Can i send certified true copy instead of the original copies?
I am asking this because I still need to use the original.

Thank you.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
as per new rules post dec 5th, 2011 you must submit original certificates of language tests.

Attestations are not accepted by them. If you submit attestations, then there are chances that your entire application package may be returned to you as imcomplete application.

fredna said:
Bonjour
I'm going to send the Application for Selection Certificate(skilled workers program). I'm collecting all the necessary documents now.
I have a next question.
I have passed the DELF test(Diplôme d'études en langue française).
But I must wait more than 5 months to get the original diploma.
Is it possible to prove my language skills in French by the another official document which called "Аttestation de réussite". And submit it in support of my Application.
This document was given for me by the national commission of DELF of ministry of education of France in the official center that offers the this test in Ukraine.
I have passed the test there.
This document contain next information:
- the results of my test
- identity information
- center, there I have passed the test
- seal
- signature of the president of jury.
Thank you for your reply.

sameer004

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2013 Received on ....:17-May-2013 . PER .... -29/7/2013الله أكبر
File Transfer...
02-Sept-2013
Med's Request
07-Jan-2014
mkshah said:
as per new rules post dec 5th, 2012 you must submit original certificates of language tests.

Attestations are not accepted by them. If you submit attestations, then there are chances that your entire application package may be returned to you as imcomplete application.
I guess this doesn't apply to the people who applied before language tests were mandatory like in Sept 2011 to be precise.

Jun 25, 2012
I received a 2 Years College diploma in Business administration from Korea. In the preferred list of training, only those in Business management DCS gets 12 points. Do I get 0 POINTS because I am in business administration? It's not even on the list, but i always thought they were about the same.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
yes, this applies to all new applications submittted after dec 5th, 2011. So old applicants are not affected with this, but biq authorities advisesold applicants tosubmit lamguage test results to speed up the processing of their files.

sameer004 said:
I guess this doesn't apply to the people who applied before language tests were mandatory like in Sept 2011 to be precise.