+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

Jun 25, 2012
PLEASE HELP ME
How many points would I get for DCS Business Administration diploma obtained in a foreign country? Business administration is not on the list of preferred training and I am very worried that I won't get any points. In Korean,there's no difference btw business administration and management.

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Dear MKShah,
I have sent an email to BIQ.HQ regarding to whether i have to send original or notarized copy of DELF A2 result.
They replied as below

Bonjour,

Veuillez noter que nous acceptons seulement l'original de certificat/ diplôme. Merci.

Votre dossier est présentement en attente de traitement. Merci de patienter.

Kindly note that we accept the original certificate/ diploma only.

Your file is in queue waiting for processing.

Please be patient.

mkshah said:
yes, this applies to all new applications submittted after dec 5th, 2011. So old applicants are not affected with this, but biq authorities advisesold applicants tosubmit lamguage test results to speed up the processing of their files.

fredna

Jun 24, 2012
mkshah said:
as per new rules post dec 5th, 2011 you must submit original certificates of language tests.

Attestations are not accepted by them. If you submit attestations, then there are chances that your entire application package may be returned to you as imcomplete application.
Thanks for you reply!
I have read in GUIDE DES PROCÉDURES D’IMMIGRATION from off.website next information:
Dans le contexte de l’évaluation de la demande, les points aux connaissances linguistiques sont octroyés uniquement en fonction des scores confirmés sur les attestations de résultats et diplômes transmis par les candidats.
Why my "Аttestation de réussite" can't be accepted by them like attestations de résultats?
Could you please give my any e-mail address of immigration office where I can give the same question.
I have already written to general email of my zone biq.vienne@micc.gouv.qc.ca, but nobody has reply.

I'm really worried that by that 5 months when I will be waiting for delf diploma, the list of first-priority professions will change. And there will be no my profession in the new one. :'(

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Hello Guys,

Anyone here who has received Interview Call in US/Canada?

I applied in Sept 2011, still no news.

Jun 25, 2012
Is it possible to send my application now update my TEF french result later? Without french, my total points are 49 but to be safe I want to take French exam. I know processing takes a long time so I am thinking of sending my application first then submit TEF result later on. Please answer my question. Thanks

nusrathq

Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
0125/1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intake of applications

Following a decision by the government published in the Gazette officielle du Québec on June 29, 2012, the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles has suspended the intake of applications for a selection certificate that can be submitted by certain economic immigration candidates.
New intake rules according to immigration class

Immigration subclass

Bussinesspeople

Investors

No new applications will be accepted
from April 14, 2012 to March 31, 2013

Entrepreneurs and
self-employed workers

No new applications will be accepted
from June 30, 2012 to March 31, 2013

Skilled workers
See below to determine if you can submit
an application in the Skilled worker class
between April 1, 2012 and March 31, 2013

Skilled workers

You can submit an immigration application as a skilled worker only if one of the following situations applies to you:

You temporarily reside in Québec as a temporary worker. You meet the eligibility conditions of the Programme de l’expérience québécoise (Temporary worker) (PEQ - Québec experience program for temporary workers) or are eligible to apply for a selection certificate under the regular program for skilled workers.

You have obtained a diploma awarded by a Québec teaching institution for studies done in Québec or you are about to obtain that diploma and you meet the eligibility conditions of the Programme de l’expérience québécoise (Québec Graduate) (PEQ - Québec experience program for Québec graduates).

You reside temporarily in Québec as a foreign student, you are eligible to apply for a selection certificate under the regular program for skilled workers and you are submitting your application in Québec.

You reside temporarily in Québec within the framework of a youth exchange program subject to an international agreement, such as a work holiday program. You are working full time in Québec, you are eligible to apply for a selection certificate under the regular program for skilled workers and you are submitting your application in Québec.

You or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 6 (see list, in French, 38 kb), 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at least equal to the number of years required to obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practised, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.
You or your accompanying spouse hold a Québec diploma or a diploma treated as a Québec diploma that sanctions at least one year of full-time studies. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practised, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.

You or your accompanying spouse hold an employment offer made by a Québec employer and validated by the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada informed you that your application for permanent residence in Canada was admissible for processing.

You reside temporarily in Québec, you were a Canadian citizen at one time and you are submitting you application in Québec.

If none of these situations applies to you, you cannot submit an application until after March 31, 2013.

[Source: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/applications-receipt.html]

:eek:

xyiday

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
::) does this mean no more group 1 group 2 and no quota for group 2?

seems like a good new...

manojneelu

Star Member
Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK/VO-ND
NOC Code......
2146 Aeronautical Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
Doc's Request.
Not yet
AOR Received.
Not yet
IELTS Request
Results sent / 7.5 band
LANDED..........
2013...??
Well, that's what it seems for now. BUT, as you can see, CIC is coming with updates too very often now-a-days. So don't get surprised with another one. This is just my speculation, though.

Let us see...

xyiday said:
::) does this mean no more group 1 group 2 and no quota for group 2?

seems like a good new...

amisimer

Jun 1, 2012
mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
Biq-hkng
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
IELTS Request
submitted wid application
Hey freinds I hv done aircraft maintenance engg...in avionics stream...I hv a doubt,I hv done an apprenticeship of 6 months in air India...can I count dat as my work experience bt dt ws unpaid...as of now without calculating experience points m scoring 49 points...bt m nt applying coz I dnt want to b on d edge side....d only available option ws to giv A1 to earn points....so I started learning...bt I know it ll tke a lot of tym....freinds is Der any other way out....?? So dt I can apply earlier.....if I can count experience means I ll b having sufficient points.....bt dt is only my doubt.....Can I??? :'( :(

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
amisimer said:
Hey freinds I hv done aircraft maintenance engg...in avionics stream...I hv a doubt,I hv done an apprenticeship of 6 months in air India...can I count dat as my work experience bt dt ws unpaid...as of now without calculating experience points m scoring 49 points...bt m nt applying coz I dnt want to b on d edge side....d only available option ws to giv A1 to earn points....so I started learning...bt I know it ll tke a lot of tym....freinds is Der any other way out....?? So dt I can apply earlier.....if I can count experience means I ll b having sufficient points.....bt dt is only my doubt.....Can I??? :'( :(
Hi ami,
Pls check below link:

I think, your work exp during apprenticeship will be counted though is was unpaid.

Below is the text taken from this link:
www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/glossary.html#work-experience

Work experience
Recognized experience
The work experience by a skilled worker candidate must have been acquired:
*in the five years preceding the date of submission of an application for a selection certificate
*in an occupation with a skill level above “D” as
defined by the National Occupational Classification (NOC)
*legally in the country concerned.

The following experience, which respects the aforementioned conditions, is recognized:

*experience that was acquired full time or part timein remunerated jobs

*full-time or part-time work internships as part of an apprenticeship, training or specialization recognized by a diploma, both remunerated and non-remunerated.

Hope this helps.

amisimer

Jun 1, 2012
mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
Biq-hkng
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
IELTS Request
submitted wid application
Hi...mkshah...thanks fr replying...y I m confused is bcoz I hv a diploma of 3years in which 2 n half yr is theoretical n 6 months OJT in air india....which makes it complete 3yrs....nw plz suggest....can I count it...??? ???

shanindia2007

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I HAVE ALSO DONE MBA, BUT IN QUEBEC IMMIGRATION , : LIST OF TRAINING FOR BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMIN. IS GIVEN 6 POINTS ONLY , WHILE BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (DCS) IS GIVEN 12 POINTS. SO SOME MEMBERS ARE TELLING WE GET 12 POINTS UNDER AREA OF TRAINING AS WELL AS FOR EDUCATION 12 POINTS . BUT IF WE SEE OFFICIAL SITE IT IS ONLY 6 POINTS FOR AREA OF TRAINING FOR MBA , IN EDUCATION ONLY12 POINTS.

raghav

Jun 6, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK / VO-ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
Interview........
Still Waiting...
Hi,

Is there any information on the application dates for which the interviews are being conducted now. I had applied from Delhi in July'11 but yet to get my call for interview. it's been quite sometime whereas when I had applied the quebec website said that the interview will take about 8-10 months. I hope they are not running too far behind in application processing.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi raghav,
As per previous update, BIQ HK was processing applications received till October-2010. Latest update says, presently there are no interview scheduled for India.
pls check below link:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/processing-times-table.html#hongkong

There is one interview mission scheduled for HK from August 27, 2012 to Oct 5, 2012, http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/schedule-missions.html but it is less chances that applicants like us who applied in later half of year 2011 will get our turn for interview in this schedule.
May be we will be called in next interview mission. Still not announced, but I guess it will be in ND in Nov-Dec 2012.

raghav said:
Hi,

Is there any information on the application dates for which the interviews are being conducted now. I had applied from Delhi in July'11 but yet to get my call for interview. it's been quite sometime whereas when I had applied the quebec website said that the interview will take about 8-10 months. I hope they are not running too far behind in application processing.

genona

Apr 29, 2011
Uae
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - sub to montreal FEDERAL - sub to VO ABUDhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Aug -16-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/09/2012 App received by CIC 11/03/2013 IN PROCESS
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
march 2013
Interview........
JULY 13, 2012( csq received)
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
guys, i just want to ask if during the interview, do we need to fill another form of selection certificate for update?