Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
LetSayEden said:
Hi everyone,

I hope someone who has experience with Quebec immigration would be able to advise me on this matter.

I graduated my education (pre-uni) from a bilingual system. I did 12 years of French (from primary up to senior high school), in which I had to take French literature, Maths and Physics all in French. I then passed with high distinction the French Baccalaureate Exam after year 12, which is equivalent to the exam French kids have to take. However, I haven't taken any standardized tests (DELF or DALF) and I wouldn't have time to study for those now. So, I'm wondering if my background is enough to say that my French level is advanced? Note that I've been living in an English speaking country for almost 5 years ...

Many thanks for that!

[blue] @ LetSayEden,
it seems that you have good hold on french langauge and literature, and I am sure you can refresh your knowledge just by checking some french material/study books once again. Better grab a study book for any of test (DELF/DALF or TEF/TCF) from the market and finish it to the end.

so my suggestion for you will be to go for TEF/TCF exam instead of DELF/DALF.
In TCF/TEF you need not to take exam level wise, there is a common exam, but candidate will get score based on his performance in the test. This score is equivalent to specific level of DELF/DALF corresponding to the decided score matrix by Quebec.

So, Check with your local centre of Alliance Francaise about the next date of TCF or TEF, take the exam and get the result certificate.
As you mentioned here, you will be able to get good score, so why to worry.

Bonne Chance!

Brad_cin_dell

Jun 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
Doc's Request.
16-01-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2011
mkshah said:
Hi All,

Did any one take transcripts from Osmania University recently ? Need ur helps folks !!!

Regards

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
immi_advice said:
Thanks StillHope for your reply.:)Yes I will be the PA.I have totalled the points and I am getting 55.
How much time does generally need to learn and give French exam?As I am working and can only go on weekends or see if evening classes are avaialable try to join evening classes there.

What do you think about me giving DELF or TEF choice is your but most of peoples are giving delf here instead of tefaq?Can you let me know what level I need to clear to get points for French At least both of u can pass before interview is delf a2, but my suggestion is keep learning until u get visa, because it will help u lot to settle down there. Learning french is for your benefit.
Would be of great help if you can explain the level wise points criteria?Are these held online?

Also can you suggest any recognised institutes in Delhi for french. I know AF is in delhi but u can google and find out the address where it is

Assuming I clear a particular level and I meet the required 63 points,is their chances of Interview waiver frankly speaking no, in my case we had almost 67 points without adaptability point but still i went through the interview and i m sure most of the peoples here went through interview only people whose french is first or second language are exempted / waived from interview but still not 100% sure ?

Your response will be of great help in solving my anxiety.Thanks

stillhope

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
devang3d said:
Hi..

I am new to this forum...recently i applied for quebec immigration and i got file number in july month....i wish to know about whats next after congratulation for your aor,

if your area of training is in priority then u can expect correspondence from your biq with in 3-6 months if not then u have to wait atleast 8-12 months
?
Seniors please comment.

Regards

Dev

babake

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Stillhope,
I thought when your area of trainning is on priority list one can expect correspondence in 60 days time, now you say 3 to 6 months.......guess you are right man! No wonder am still waitting for BIQ paris to get me my results.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
babake said:
Hey Stillhope,
I thought when your area of trainning is on priority list one can expect correspondence in 60 days time, now you say 3 to 6 months.......guess you are right man! No wonder am still waitting for BIQ paris to get me my results. Yes i seen so many case now not talking about one year ago. Personally my experience i seen some biq send your aor with in one month but after that u have to wait for another 2-4 months or some time more for your interview.

immi_advice

Aug 30, 2011
Thanks a lot StillHope for your guidance.What I understand is that,the success of applicant for Quebec immi depends on either person knowing french as 1st or 2nd language or hoping you fare well in the interview and the interviewer is in the best mood:)

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
Yes u r right

immi_advice said:
Thanks a lot StillHope for your guidance.What I understand is that,the success of applicant for Quebec immi depends on either person knowing french as 1st or 2nd language or hoping you fare well in the interview and the interviewer is in the best mood:)

Aug 28, 2011
letsgotoCananda said:
No I didnt completed my degree coz of some dificult conditions at the time.

I see I m not qualifield..should I apply under other categories? or I dont stand a chance..

Thank you Yogie
Plz Yogie let me have your answer...I really wanna go to Canada...

priya7

Aug 17, 2011
yogie said:
yogie said:
Hi Yogie

Thanks a lot for the reply . I have few more questions which I am unable to find the answers for .

1. Can CSQ be applied anytime once you are in Quebec or after few months or a year ?

2. If we wait for completion of 1 year of our jobs , will we get more points for that . As of now , you mentioned 5 points .

3. Also , will the points be more in case any one of us gets a permanent job ?

4. Also , as of now we are having contractual jobs , so do we still get points for that ?

Thanks in Advance .
Priya

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
sanity said:
I am confused with the allocation of points so any assiatance will be much appreciated.

1) Could you help assess the point if the PA completed graduation Bsc (computer science) in 2004 and is also a post graduate (wireless networking) in 2010.
I was not able to understand from the education table, the point that one is allocated. Please help!
Stillhope, Yogie, Francaise

Please could you help with this query as it will help me to calculate the points?

Sanity

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
priya7 said:
Hi Yogie

Thanks a lot for the reply . I have few more questions which I am unable to find the answers for .

1. Can CSQ be applied anytime once you are in Quebec or after few months or a year ? - Yes, you can apply anytime for CSQ

2. If we wait for completion of 1 year of our jobs , will we get more points for that . As of now , you mentioned 5 points - No, there is max. 8 points for Quebec stay (Max. 5 for study/work and 3 for family member(PR/Citizen) in Quebec)

3. Also , will the points be more in case any one of us gets a permanent job ? - Yes, 6 points for permanent job offer above skill level D in RMM (Montreal metropolitan area) and 10 points for the permanent job offer above skill level D outside RMM

4. Also , as of now we are having contractual jobs , so do we still get points for that ? - yes, the points(5) I mentioned above is for your study/work for 6+ months in Montreal,but for this you have been there on an appropriate study/work permit(The work should be above skill level D)

Thanks in Advance .
Priya

Yogie

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanity said:
I am confused with the allocation of points so any assiatance will be much appreciated.

1) Could you help assess the point if the PA completed graduation Bsc (computer science) in 2004 and is also a post graduate (wireless networking) in 2010.- It is obvious from the table that there is 4 points for Post Graduate Diploma in ...(Any field), whereas 6 points for B.Sc(Computer Science, 3 years,INDIA)
I was not able to understand from the education table, the point that one is allocated. Please help!
Yogie

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
yogie said:
Thanks Yogie. Sorry I cannot find the info from the table - 4 point is allocated for any PG diploma stream - see below.

Level of Education Points
Secondary school general diploma 2 points
Secondary school vocational diploma 6 points
Postsecondary school general diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies 4 points
Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 1 years of full-time studies 6 points
Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies 6 points
Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies in training listed in Section A or B of the 'Areas of Training' criterion 10 points
Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies 8 points
Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies in training listed in Section A or B of the 'Areas of Training' criterion 10 points
Undergraduate diploma attesting to 1 or more years of full-time studies 4
Undergraduate diploma attesting to 2 or more years of full-time studies 6
Undergraduate diploma attesting to 3 or more years of full-time studies 10 points
Master's Degree 12 points
Doctorate 12 points
Maximum

1) I suppose we have to go for the highest qualification i.e if the PA is a graduate (Bsc) with PG diploma - point allocated is 4 (?) << Not 10pt that can be claimed for Bach (CS) >> + AOT (Computer Science =12pts) . Should the PG diploma be directly related to the AOT or is it okay if the graduation is in this field ?

I could not understand why you have quoted 6 pts for Bsc ( CS)- could you clarify please? Is this for education or AOT ?

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanity said:
Thanks Yogie. Sorry I cannot find the info from the table - 4 point is allocated for any PG diploma stream - see below.

Level of Education Points
Secondary school general diploma 2 points
Secondary school vocational diploma 6 points
Postsecondary school general diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies 4 points
Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 1 years of full-time studies 6 points
Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies 6 points
Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies in training listed in Section A or B of the 'Areas of Training' criterion 10 points
Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies 8 points
Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies in training listed in Section A or B of the 'Areas of Training' criterion 10 points
Undergraduate diploma attesting to 1 or more years of full-time studies 4
Undergraduate diploma attesting to 2 or more years of full-time studies 6
Undergraduate diploma attesting to 3 or more years of full-time studies 10 points
Master's Degree 12 points
Doctorate 12 points
Maximum

Please refer to the following link....

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI_3_1_INDE.pdf

1) I suppose we have to go for the highest qualification i.e if the PA is a graduate (Bsc) with PG diploma - point allocated is 4 (?) - yes << Not 10pt that can be claimed for Bach (CS) >> + AOT (Computer Science =12pts) . Should the PG diploma be directly related to the AOT or is it okay if the graduation is in this field ? - For getting max. points just consider your B.Sc (Computer science) which can get you 6 for education and 6 for AOT (PG diploma can get you only 4 points according to the table and there is no any points for AOT factor for Wireless Networking)

I could not understand why you have quoted 6 pts for Bsc ( CS)- could you clarify please?- Please refer the above table (If your B.Sc is of 4 years then in that case you can get 10 points) Is this for education or AOT ? - No, it is for Education Factor

For AOT list please refer the following link.....

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI_3_1_Annexe_1_Liste_dom_2009.pdf
Yogie