+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

nithin700

Dec 1, 2011
Hello Mkshah,

Thanks for the advise.. So I think its better form me to send the application after finishing my French examination.. I think by that time I can claim some more points ( Expecting a baby soon).

Can you please guide me to the website where it is showing that once the application has been submitted we cant make any changes to claim more points

Thanks in Advance
NAX

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
nithin700 said:
Hello Mkshah,

Thanks for the advise.. you are welcome my friend.
So I think its better form me to send the application after finishing my French examination.. I think by that time I can claim some more points ( Expecting a baby soon). I can suggest you can reach A2 level within 3 months. Next A1/A2 exams will be held on 13th Feb/14th Feb in all centres of AF in India, and you can take both exams simultaneously, so you can think of this option. :)

Can you please guide me to the website where it is showing that once the application has been submitted we cant make any changes to claim more points
It is related to language proficiency as per new rules that you cant claim more points once your application is sent. However you can notify the BIQ about any changes in your status at any time within 30 days of your status change after the application is sent. And they also mentions the same thing in AOR sent to applicant.

Thanks in Advance
NAX

nithin700

Dec 1, 2011
Hello Mkshah,

I cant appear for the next A1 Exam because I am in UK and the next available date is Jan 16th but for that the cut-off date for registration is today. More over that I am not confident in taking the exam on Jan 16th. So I have to wait for the next available date which is on 19th of March.

Also do you think I need to take both A1 and A2 exam if I can score 58 + 4 pts ( child) = 62 Pts with out French ? .

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
nithin700 said:
Hello Mkshah,

Thanks for the advise.. So I think its better form me to send the application after finishing my French examination.. I think by that time I can claim some more points ( Expecting a baby soon).

Thanks in Advance
NAX
Regarding New rule applicable to points for langauge proficiency,
This is the Link: : http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/note-language-skills.html

Coming into force of the mandatory use of language proficiency tests
Effective December 6, 2011, all new candidates from the skilled worker subcategory who wish to obtain points in the selection grid for their French proficiency (applicants and spouses) and English proficiency (applicants only) must enclose with their immigration application attestations of results recognized by the Ministère. Children accompanying their parents are exempt from this new requirement.

In addition to optimizing the Ministère's selection practices, standardized tests ensure that the evaluation of candidates for their French and English proficiency is accurate, consistent and fair.

Effective December 6, 2011, the results of language competency tests recognized by the Ministère are the only language proficiency evaluation tool used for immigration candidates who submit an Application for Selection Certificate. Candidates who do not wish to submit an attestation of results recognized by the Ministère must specify this in the Application for Selection Certificate by marking the appropriate box on the form. They will not obtain any points for the language proficiency criterion.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
nithin700 said:
Hello Mkshah,

I cant appear for the next A1 Exam because I am in UK and the next available date is Jan 16th but for that the cut-off date for registration is today. More over that I am not confident in taking the exam on Jan 16th. So I have to wait for the next available date which is on 19th of March.

Also do you think I need to take both A1 and A2 exam if I can score 58 + 4 pts ( child) = 62 Pts with out French ? .
buddy, how much is the fees of A1 exam?
It will be no harm, if you appear in the exam in Jan 2012. At least you will get the feel of the exam and if you can prepare well till that time, then surely you will get atleast 2 points for clearing A1 Level.

Also, to share with you, the results of DELF exams are declared after almost 5 months of the exam, so if you can register for exam today, do it... by that way you are saving your 2 months, and A1 is pretty easy if you study just 2 hours daily after attending AF classes. I know it is too much :) but buddy, as language rules have changed overnight, they can bring any change any time, so it is better to get ready and submit as fast as you can. :)

If you can do just A1 then also ok for you to get points, but if you actually want to learn french, then you must study till B2 level. And take my words french will help you to settle and get job fast in quebec. :)
Good Luck to you for your application.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Stngr said:
I think its pretty much the same as it says, they've opened your case, good luck :)
Thanks for letting me know.
Well, I think different BIQ's have different AOR formats but I thought it would be a common format. I understood the overall contents of the mail from one reading but to get down and understand every word, it will take me a long time lol

So now I too need to wait for the interview invite!

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
mkshah said:
Hi, shootingstar,
I copied and pasted this text in google translate and it gives following translation..

"Re: Your application for a Québec Selection Certificate -
Open your file

sir,

We confirm the opening of your file and send you the receipt stating the collection of fees related to the study of your application for a Québec Selection Certificate.

We invite you to visit the website below for processing time being:

so, dont worry, it is your AOR..... now smile and be happy.... waiting is started :) ;)

Just look for 2 numbers in this letter. one is no. dossier and the other is no. ref. ind.
Thanks mkshah for your google translate help :)
Ok,so now I need to wait for interview call and looks like it takes one year for my BIQ. And i'm happy to know that I di not have any missing documents!!!

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
shootingstar said:
Thanks mkshah for your google translate help :)
Ok,so now I need to wait for interview call and looks like it takes one year for my BIQ. And i'm happy to know that I di not have any missing documents!!!
Ok. But you may get a reply from them soon also, if ur AOT is in demand or u have already scored 63 points without interview....
So.. Hope for the best while we wait... :)

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
mkshah said:
Ok. But you may get a reply from them soon also, if ur AOT is in demand or u have already scored 63 points without interview....
So.. Hope for the best while we wait... :)
I don't think I am in the priority AOT. I'm a computer systems analysst and so is my partner. Do we fall into any priority here(I would guess not)?
And I'm not sure how many points I score...So fingers crossed!!!! :)

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
nithin700 said:
So which all skills/jobs falls under priority category?.
As per my knowledge and posts I read on this thread following are priority AOT:
Nursing,
Chemistry,
Biochemistry,
Aviation/aerospace/aeronautical engineering,
Business Management,
Probability & Statistics
Civil engineering

nithin700

Dec 1, 2011
Does this mean that applicants under this category will get a response faster. I am applying under the Nursing category.

ambi1775

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2011
AOR Received.
22/02/2012
Interview........
02/04/2012,csq received same day
nithin700 said:
Does this mean that applicants under this category will get a response faster. I am applying under the Nursing category.yes, more quicker then other who are not in this category

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Hi
what points do we get for DELF A2

visaexpert said:
Quebec Immigration - Language Proficiency

The Language Proficiency criterion for English and French is one of the ten criteria for which points are awarded under the Quebec Immigration selection system.

Up to 22 points are awarded under the Language Proficiency criterion of Quebec immigration on the following basis:

French Language

French Proficiency Low Beginner High Beginner Low Intermediate High Intermediate Advanced

Listening 1 point 3 points 4 points 6 points 8 points
Speaking 1 point 3 points 4 points 6 points 8 points

Maximum 16 points

English Language

English Proficiency Beginner Intermediate Advanced

Listening 1 point 2 points 3 points
Speaking 1 point 2 points 3 points

Maximum 6 points

French Language Proficiency:

BEGINNER LEVELS:

LOW Beginner -

* Listening: Able to understand short statements (commonly used phrases);
* Speaking: Able to express basic needs.

HIGH Beginner -

* Listening: Able to understand practical information of everyday life;
* Speaking: Able to make yourself understood in familiar and foreseeable situations.

INTERMEDIATE LEVELS:

LOW Intermediate -

* Listening: Able to understand significant information about familiar and foreseeable situations;
* Speaking: Able to express yourself in a comprehensible manner on subjects related to everyday life.

HIGH Intermediate -

* Listening: Understand detailed information about subjects you are familiar with, or concrete and abstract subjects;
* Speaking: Can clearly express yourself on subjects related to your areas of interest.

ADVANCED LEVEL:

Advanced -

* Listening: Understand detailed information related to social and professional life;
* Speaking: Can confidently and precisely express yourself on a variety of subjects.

Stngr

Dec 12, 2010
saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Nomination.....