+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec CSQ Applicants in the USA

quebeccity

Oct 14, 2011
Hello Rase and everyone who got interview call in March,
Congratulations to you all and Good Luck.
When did you submit your application?

Friends,
Is the approx wait time now more than six months after submitting application to Quebec? It is a long wait time, no?

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
QuébécoiseHonoraire said:
Hi ShootingStar! :) I live in Chicago, Illinois. Just in case you're curious, I'm just an average native-born American, 2nd generation American on my mom's side, and 3rd generation American on my dad's side. My dad's side is mostly German ancestry with a little French, and my mom's side is mostly Dutch ancestry with a little Irish. I grew up on a farm in the state of Wisconsin by Lake Michigan, but have lived in the heart of Chicago for about ten years now. :)
Thank You for the detailed response!

I have sent you a PM too :)

newbienewbie

Jan 29, 2012
Hello,
I am a newbie here. I am prepare my documents to submit this week. I have some stupid questions and hope that you could help me out.
I am in the US as J1 visa-holder. Is there any problem with my application because of my J1 visa?
One more question: they require to submit 6 passport size photos. Do they mean that 6 photos of Canada passport size (2 3/4 " x2" or 50x70mm)? Do we need a stamp including address, date of the photo shop and certification+signature of a guarantor on the back of each photo? I do not see this requirement on QSC website but I saw this requirement for passport photos.
Thank you very much.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
newbienewbie said:
Hello,
I am a newbie here. I am prepare my documents to submit this week. I have some stupid questions and hope that you could help me out.
I am in the US as J1 visa-holder. Is there any problem with my application because of my J1 visa?
One more question: they require to submit 6 passport size photos. Do they mean that 6 photos of Canada passport size (2 3/4 " x2" or 50x70mm)? Do we need a stamp including address, date of the photo shop and certification+signature of a guarantor on the back of each photo? I do not see this requirement on QSC website but I saw this requirement for passport photos.
Thank you very much.
Any visa status is fine. You need to be a legal resident of the country from which you are applying. Also, I believe you need to be in the resident country for 12 months before the application date but I'm not sure of this one.
Yes, canada pass port size. But I did not do this, I just got the photos from my local drugstore. I believe the size is 2 x 2 .
No stamp is required.

quebeccity

Oct 14, 2011
Friends,
Is the approx wait time now more than six months after submitting application to Quebec (from US)? Please share your experience.

brebu

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 15, 2012 (hopefully)
Doc's Request.
w/app
Nomination.....
May 2012
AOR Received.
July 27, 2012
IELTS Request
w/app
Med's Request
July 27, 2012
Med's Done....
August 5, 2012
@ QuébécoiseHonoraire
Funny, I've been living in Chicago for about 10 years also.

@ Shootingstar
I envy you, I have applied beginning of December, they received the app December 9, 2011. Still no AOR, credit card not charged. I'm very anxious, hope I get some news fast.
Shootingstar, is your job on the Quebec's fast track list? Just curious.

Jul 27, 2011
Hi everyone! :)

Wow Brebu, I can't believe you live here, too. :) Do you care to tell me your neighborhood? I live near Uptown and Andersonville.

Hi QuebecCity! (the most beautiful city I've ever seen, by the way...) It seems that it is taking approximately 11 or 12 months to receive an invitation for an interview, and then approximately 3 months to get to the interview. It is my understanding (from my friend Mohamed, who successfully became a permanent resident via Québec) that if you pass the interview, you will be issued the CSQ right there at that time. (I guess I'm not quite sure though, if that means that you walk out the door holding your CSQ in your hand, or if it means that you are told that you are officially accepted by Québec to receive a CSQ...?)

By the way, I applied in July of 2011, and received my AOR in August. Regarding the "fast track" concept, I initially was quite certain that my occupation didn't qualify for priority processing, THEN I read something that made me think I DID qualify for it, then finally after some more detailed investigation --alas-- no, I don't qualify for priority processing. The "moral of the story" is that there's a document hidden deep in the Immigration Québec website that has this information. However, I read a different document that stated my occupation qualified. It's been my experience that there's a little bit of contradictory information here and there on the Immigration Québec website.

Dear ShootingStar, my account was saying I'm not allowed to send PMs... why would this be? :(

Hey everyone, do any of you know of any non-francophone applicant who did not require an interview and was still accepted for a CSQ? I was just curious...

Okay, night night! :)

Jul 27, 2011
By the way... how are you all doing on your French studies? I really need to crack the whip on myself again, and get back into some serious studying... ;) By the way, when I visited Québec in September, the whole province is VERY francophone (yes, even Montréal!). Yes, it's true that many people can speak English if you need help, etc, but it is not at all bilingual, per se. Let's put it this way: I would feel extremely uncomfortable living in the province if my French was not eventually quite fluent. French is pretty much the only language you will see (i.e. public signs), hear (i.e. overhead announcements on trains, at airports, etc.), and read (i.e. menus, directions, etc.) Yes, one can find English if one is desperate, but it is totally francophone. However, it's surprising how quickly one can adapt to the cadence and pronunciation of French. By my fourth day there, I actually felt quite optimistic that I could one day become fluent if I work at it (which I haven't been doing). ;)

brebu

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
w/app
Nomination.....
May 2012
AOR Received.
July 27, 2012
IELTS Request
w/app
Med's Request
July 27, 2012
Med's Done....
August 5, 2012
QuébécoiseHonoraire,

I"ve always lived in the north side, mostly in the Uptown and Andersonville area. I even went to Truman College before I transferred to UIC. Now I live a bit further north, in Rogers Park. When I will be settled in Montreal, I know for sure I will greatly miss the north side of Chicago, not that downtown is that bad:)
As far as the French langiage is concerned, I'm going to try and take the DELF B1, which they have next Thursday at AF, I hope I still remember enough French to pass. I haven't studied it for the last 15 years, but I was almost fluent at some point in the past...
I hope we all get interview calls really fast, because from what I heard on other topics of this forum once you have the CSQ it all goes quite fast (but first I still need my AOR!!!).
Good luck to u all and talk again soon!

Jul 27, 2011
Hey there, Brebu!

Wow, that's pretty cool that you're from my 'hood. ;) I took my French classes at Truman. Believe it or not, I learned A LOT. In only two semesters, I got a solid foundation in many principles. Obviously, it would be in my best interest to take all four classes. (They offer 101 - 104.) One thing that was pretty cool was that when I went to Alliance Française for my placement assessment, it turns out that at Truman we had covered up into the lower end of the "intermediate" category of the international scale in only two semesters. The professor there is rather tough, but good. When I took the TEFAQ, I ended up scoring at low end of intermediate. Not super great, but I think it demonstrates to Immigration-Québec that I've been making an effort to learn French and that I've gotten a foundation which can be improved upon. (of course, I'm keeping my fingers crossed) Rogers Park is kind of up-and-coming, and has some pretty cool things. I'm thinking of Metropolis coffee, Heartland Cafe, Mayne Stage, etc. Okay, take care! :)

sadupops

Jan 13, 2011
U.S
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-11-2010
Hello Brebu, nice to see that there is some here who is in Chicago as i am . i had my interview December 8th 2011 and sent my application October 2010. did i get the CSQ? no :( because of my french. wasn't rejected though. i was given 12 months to study french and now i am taking a private lesson at AF Chicago and using Rosetta stone which is pretty effective. all i have to do if take the TEF test and send the results if i am sufficient they will send me the CSQ no questions asked as all documents and files were verified at the interview.

Jul 27, 2011
Hi Sadupops,

Congratulations on the provisional acceptance. This is really good, despite the temporary roadblock of the language issue. It's great that they allow one to study more and retest again later. May I ask where the interview took place? (in New York?)

Webby

Dec 3, 2011
Hi guys,

I am new here. I submitted my application about three weeks ago. Anyway i sent only 2 passport pictures. Do they require more than 2 for the applicants?

brebu

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
w/app
Nomination.....
May 2012
AOR Received.
July 27, 2012
IELTS Request
w/app
Med's Request
July 27, 2012
Med's Done....
August 5, 2012
@QuébécoiseHonoraire,

Nice! Did u take French with Miriam(the girl from Teheran)? I took 101 there and I actually liked it too. Can u tell me how long it took u to get ur AOR? I've been waiting for about 2 months now and nothing. And also I saw that u said something about priority list, but that u're not in it. What occupation do u have, if u don't mind me asking? Do u also want to move to Montreal? Please tell me more about Quebec, you seem to have visited and I don't think I'll get a chance to before I actually (hopefully) move there.

@sadupops

Hello neighbor. I'm glad Chicago has such strong numbers in this forum. If you like, I think Truman College is also a pretty inexpensive way to develop ur French skills. But I'm sure AF is very good too. Let me know what ur interest in Quebec is fueled by and where u plan to live there. Btw, I'm constanty watching the weather in Montreal and it seems like Chicago winters are NOTHING! We're gonna be freeeeeeezing...

Ok friends, talk to you soon!