+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec CSQ Applicants in the USA

Prabhu.canada

Dec 25, 2011
Hi,

My interview is on Mar 9th 2012. Will appreciate if you can let me know your contacts. Might help to discuss the interview preparations

sheva84

Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/11
AOR Received.
03/11
Excuse me Prabhu.canada, I have a question for you if you dont mind ? When did you sent your document to BIQ montreal?

seanaz

Nov 14, 2011
Hi Shootingstar,

All my documents were returned to me before receiving the AOR.

So now i have some updates in my case. My wife which is the main applicant just graduated this last december with a master in education with concentration in French. she will be an adjunct instructor in the French language in the same university she graduated from.
Thus, we have to make some changes in the application and send the new degree along with the other documents. We will hopefully be :D able to do so by the end of this month or february at the most. We keep our fingers crossed. :D

rasein

Dec 16, 2010
Boston, MA, US
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal (CSQ) & Buffalo (Federal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/01/2011
AOR Received.
03/10/2011
Hi All,

Did anyone got the Interview letter, i received letter from Quebec Immigration, stating that i am in the Waiting List for Interview.

I guess i will be called for March Schedule - New York.

Thanks
Rase

rasein

Dec 16, 2010
Boston, MA, US
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/01/2011
AOR Received.
03/10/2011
Prabhu.canada said:
Hi,

My interview is on Mar 9th 2012. Will appreciate if you can let me know your contacts. Might help to discuss the interview preparations
Prabhu...

Whats your Job Role & have you taken any French Certification...

Thanks
Rafiq

Jul 27, 2011
Bonjour tout le monde!! :)

Hopefully, all of you are doing well, and keeping your spirits up while we wait for our destiny! :)

Dear Rafiq/Rasein, Ekim8587, and Prabhu1977: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) You should feel happy and proud to have this big step! Best of luck on the interviews! My friend said that some of the questions that he was asked during the interview (en français, bien sûr) were:
- "Why did you want to come to live in Québec?"
- "Why did you choose to leave your country?"
- "What are you going to be doing after you immigrate to Québec?"
- "After immigrating to Canada, to which country will you feel most loyal... your home country, or your adopted country of Canada?"
Also, he said that the Province of Québec truly feels itself to be a nation, so make sure to focus on Québec province, and only a little bit on Canada. (By the way, he received his Permanent Resident Visa in July 2010! In case any of you are curious, he's an MD in Radiology, originally from Egypt.) Again, best wishes!

Dear Brrandon: Congratulations on your AOR!!! It's a big step and accomplishment to get this far! :) Regarding the name issue, in my opinion, DEFINITELY make sure that your file is spelled absolutely correctly! This advice applies to all of you, especially those of you coming from countries using scripts/alphabets of Arabic, Hindi, Chinese, etc. (i.e. NOT Roman alphabet) where your names might not be transliterated/translated in a completely standardized way. (for example: Muhammad/Mohamed/Mohammed/Mohammad/Mohamet, Huang/Wong, etc.) The most important is that YOU come up with a standardized version of your name, and YOU use it consistently, and YOU make sure that it's spelled correctly on ALL of your documentation, so that all of the documentation matches. I work in healthcare, and we often have patients that have five or six different spellings of their name in one file, which can potentially have disastrous consequences. One thing to consider... in the future, you could face an obstacle regarding questions of fraud, etc., i.e. "If you knew your name was spelled incorrectly, then WHY wouldn't you have it corrected? What kind of motive is going on here?" (Maybe I've lived in Chicago waaaaayyyy too long, and am very cynical... haha) That's just my unsolicited advice... Congratulations, though; it's a huge accomplishment!! :)

Dear Wallflowr22: I wish you best of luck! :) It sounds like you're in a good position, seeing as you're already there in Québec. It's tricky, but very exciting! :)

Dear Brebu: Applying as soon as possible is probably best, but be very careful with the new language requirements. I think there's a new protocol as of January 2012.

Dear Vibez-Well: I love your chart! :)

Dear ShootingStar: I really love your posts, your optimism, and your information! I wish you best of luck! :) By the way, being a bit neurotic, I wanted to make sure my application was as complete as possible, including language certification, and I had to wait about seven months for the TEFaQ! Yikes. ;)

Dear Abir/IWCI: I think there are several factors of yours that are potentially good: you're well educated, you have three years work experience, you and your wife are young, your English is at an advanced level, and your child is young (i.e. he or she is still young enough to become completely francophone by adulthood). Do you have any friends or relatives in Canada, or especially Québec? My advice is to continue careful study of the immigration process and rules, and assess your points on the Immigration Québec website.

Okay everyone, take care and best wishes, and hopefully we all meet in Québec! À votre santé!! :)
Jessica

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
seanaz said:
Hi Shootingstar,

All my documents were returned to me before receiving the AOR.

So now i have some updates in my case. My wife which is the main applicant just graduated this last december with a master in education with concentration in French. she will be an adjunct instructor in the French language in the same university she graduated from.
Thus, we have to make some changes in the application and send the new degree along with the other documents. We will hopefully be :D able to do so by the end of this month or february at the most. We keep our fingers crossed. :D
Hello!

Sorry about the delay in response.

Good Luck!
:)

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
QuébécoiseHonoraire said:

Hopefully, all of you are doing well, and keeping your spirits up while we wait for our destiny! :)

Dear Rafiq/Rasein, Ekim8587, and Prabhu1977: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) You should feel happy and proud to have this big step! Best of luck on the interviews! My friend said that some of the questions that he was asked during the interview (en français, bien sûr) were:
- "Why did you want to come to live in Québec?"
- "Why did you choose to leave your country?"
- "What are you going to be doing after you immigrate to Québec?"
- "After immigrating to Canada, to which country will you feel most loyal... your home country, or your adopted country of Canada?"
Also, he said that the Province of Québec truly feels itself to be a nation, so make sure to focus on Québec province, and only a little bit on Canada. (By the way, he received his Permanent Resident Visa in July 2010! In case any of you are curious, he's an MD in Radiology, originally from Egypt.) Again, best wishes!

Dear Brrandon: Congratulations on your AOR!!! It's a big step and accomplishment to get this far! :) Regarding the name issue, in my opinion, DEFINITELY make sure that your file is spelled absolutely correctly! This advice applies to all of you, especially those of you coming from countries using scripts/alphabets of Arabic, Hindi, Chinese, etc. (i.e. NOT Roman alphabet) where your names might not be transliterated/translated in a completely standardized way. (for example: Muhammad/Mohamed/Mohammed/Mohammad/Mohamet, Huang/Wong, etc.) The most important is that YOU come up with a standardized version of your name, and YOU use it consistently, and YOU make sure that it's spelled correctly on ALL of your documentation, so that all of the documentation matches. I work in healthcare, and we often have patients that have five or six different spellings of their name in one file, which can potentially have disastrous consequences. One thing to consider... in the future, you could face an obstacle regarding questions of fraud, etc., i.e. "If you knew your name was spelled incorrectly, then WHY wouldn't you have it corrected? What kind of motive is going on here?" (Maybe I've lived in Chicago waaaaayyyy too long, and am very cynical... haha) That's just my unsolicited advice... Congratulations, though; it's a huge accomplishment!! :)

Dear Wallflowr22: I wish you best of luck! :) It sounds like you're in a good position, seeing as you're already there in Québec. It's tricky, but very exciting! :)

Dear Brebu: Applying as soon as possible is probably best, but be very careful with the new language requirements. I think there's a new protocol as of January 2012.

Dear Vibez-Well: I love your chart! :)

Dear ShootingStar: I really love your posts, your optimism, and your information! I wish you best of luck! :) By the way, being a bit neurotic, I wanted to make sure my application was as complete as possible, including language certification, and I had to wait about seven months for the TEFaQ! Yikes. ;) Thank You for your kind words. you made my day :)

Dear Abir/IWCI: I think there are several factors of yours that are potentially good: you're well educated, you have three years work experience, you and your wife are young, your English is at an advanced level, and your child is young (i.e. he or she is still young enough to become completely francophone by adulthood). Do you have any friends or relatives in Canada, or especially Québec? My advice is to continue careful study of the immigration process and rules, and assess your points on the Immigration Québec website.

Okay everyone, take care and best wishes, and hopefully we all meet in Québec! À votre santé!! :)
Jessica

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
ekim8587 said:
Well mes chers amis,

I received the official invitation for an interview in New York. I'm scheduled for March 14th! Am I nervous? Yes. Am I confident? Yes!! :)
Good Luck friend!

I applied exactly one year after you, OCt 2011 :)
I'm live in NY too, and so my interview might also happen in NY.

So it took a year after AOR to receive your interview invite?

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
sheva84 said:
Excuse me Prabhu.canada, I have a question for you if you dont mind ? When did you sent your document to BIQ montreal?
Yes, prabhu.canada - it will really help if you let us know your timelines. Thank You :)

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
QuébécoiseHonoraire said:
Hi
i'm wondering if you live in north america?

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
rasein said:
Hi All,

Did anyone got the Interview letter, i received letter from Quebec Immigration, stating that i am in the Waiting List for Interview.

I guess i will be called for March Schedule - New York.

Thanks
Rase
Rase, Sorry to bother you - do you know if the interview schedules run every month at NY?
I applied in Oct 2011 and I know I have a long wait before I receive the interview invite, but I'm just curious.

rasein

Dec 16, 2010
Boston, MA, US
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/01/2011
AOR Received.
03/10/2011
shootingstar said:
Rase, Sorry to bother you - do you know if the interview schedules run every month at NY?
I applied in Oct 2011 and I know I have a long wait before I receive the interview invite, but I'm just curious.
Hi Shootingstar,

i guess it doesn't happen every month, it happens once in 3 Months...

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/divers/Programmation-missions-travailleurs-lieu-en.pdf

Jul 27, 2011
Hi ShootingStar! :) I live in Chicago, Illinois. Just in case you're curious, I'm just an average native-born American, 2nd generation American on my mom's side, and 3rd generation American on my dad's side. My dad's side is mostly German ancestry with a little French, and my mom's side is mostly Dutch ancestry with a little Irish. I grew up on a farm in the state of Wisconsin by Lake Michigan, but have lived in the heart of Chicago for about ten years now. :)

Hi Rasein! So, how were you notified of the interview and waiting list? By email, by phone, or by standard (snail) mail? How does it work when they notify you? Do they say that you've been selected for an interview, and that they will contact you in the future with more information? I'm very curious about the specific details... :)

Okay, take care!

a

Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Congrats and good luck to all who are slated for interviews this year!!! Dont to forget to gather all original docs and bring your recent payslips with you.

And to those waiting keep practising on your langauge skills as it will help you in the big day itself. Im not from usa but we do have our proverbial csq last sept and now preparing for the federal part.

Hang tight and we'll hope for the best.

A.