Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
shootingstar said:
Good Luck friend!

I applied exactly one year after you, OCt 2011 :)
I'm live in NY too, and so my interview might also happen in NY.

So it took a year after AOR to receive your interview invite?
Yes, I mailed the application in October 2010. Credit card charged and AOR received in January 2011. I got an official invitation to an interview in December 2011.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
ekim8587 said:
Yes, I mailed the application in October 2010. Credit card charged and AOR received in January 2011. I got an official invitation to an interview in December 2011.
Thanks for the reply ekim.
I ask this question just to get an idea of my time lines.

brebu

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 15, 2012 (hopefully)
Doc's Request.
w/app
Nomination.....
May 2012
AOR Received.
July 27, 2012
IELTS Request
w/app
Med's Request
July 27, 2012
Med's Done....
August 5, 2012
@shootingstar,

I have a question for you. They just took the money from my credit card, but I still did not receive an AOR. Are you suppose to receive the AOR pretty much on the same date they charge your card? Please let me know as soon as you see this, I wanna call them and ask them what's going on...

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
brebu said:
@ shootingstar,

I have a question for you. They just took the money from my credit card, but I still did not receive an AOR. Are you suppose to receive the AOR pretty much on the same date they charge your card? Please let me know as soon as you see this, I wanna call them and ask them what's going on...
No, it took 2 weeks to receive the AOR. I got it by e-mail.

Ayinka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
U.S.
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8th 2012
AOR Received.
3/16/12
Med's Request
3/16/12
Med's Done....
3/21/12- in process since May 3rd 2012
Hey all-

Here's my timeline. I live in the US as well.

September 2010- sent application for certificate of selection to Quebec
November 2010- Received AOR
October 2011-additional documents request
December 2011-received Certificate of Selection
February 2012- Send Residency Application to Nova Scotia

Hope it helps...

brebu

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
w/app
Nomination.....
May 2012
AOR Received.
July 27, 2012
IELTS Request
w/app
Med's Request
July 27, 2012
Med's Done....
August 5, 2012
Thanks shootingstar,

I was kinda worried about not receiving the AOR. I guess it will be another week or so, they took the money on February 3. Also, if I remember correctly, did you say they already told you u're on the list for an interview? Or that you should receive a schedule in the near future? That was really fast. Are you on the fast track because of your job?
Thanks a lot for all ur answers!!!

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Thanks Ayinka.
That was helpful :)

Are you in the priority list of occupations? since you received the CSQ without interview?
Ayinka said:
Hey all-

Here's my timeline. I live in the US as well.

September 2010- sent application for certificate of selection to Quebec
November 2010- Received AOR
October 2011-additional documents request
December 2011-received Certificate of Selection
February 2012- Send Residency Application to Nova Scotia

Hope it helps...

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
brebu said:
Thanks shootingstar,

I was kinda worried about not receiving the AOR. I guess it will be another week or so, they took the money on February 3. Also, if I remember correctly, did you say they already told you u're on the list for an interview? Or that you should receive a schedule in the near future? That was really fast. Are you on the fast track because of your job?
Thanks a lot for all ur answers!!!
No, I have not received any interview notice. Infact, after the AOR there was no correspondence.
I'm thinking of sending an e-mail but not sure where to send it.
In your case, you sould receive the AOR in a week from today. I got mine by email.

Ayinka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
U.S.
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8th 2012
AOR Received.
3/16/12
Med's Request
3/16/12
Med's Done....
3/21/12- in process since May 3rd 2012
shootingstar said:
Thanks Ayinka.
That was helpful :)

Are you in the priority list of occupations? since you received the CSQ without interview?
To Shootingstar:

Not priority. I'm fluent in French and I beleive that if you've got enough points and your file is straighforward, the interview is mostly to test language proficiency. I know of many who are fluent in French who receive their certificate without an interview. I also know of a couple of people who were called in and they reported that the questions were mostly about moving the canada and preparations; as if the interviewer was doing small talk to test their french skills. I know how how lengthy this process can be, just be patient and it'll be rewarding. I'm happy to answer any other questions...know of a few cases.

brebu

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
w/app
Nomination.....
May 2012
AOR Received.
July 27, 2012
IELTS Request
w/app
Med's Request
July 27, 2012
Med's Done....
August 5, 2012
hello shootingstar,
good and bad news from me... I did receive my AOR through regular mail, with my file number and receipt for the money they charged.
Unfortunately, I also received another letter included with title:

OBJET: VOTRE DEMANDE DE CERTIFICAT DE SELECTION DU QUEBEC - PREUVES DE COMPETENCES LANGAGIERES EN FRANCAIS ET EN ANGLAIS
This letter goes on about the need for the principal applicant to document skills in English and French, as well as for the spouse in French. The reason I'm nervous is because we did send results for the principal applicant for both English and French and only I (the spouse) still need to send the French result; I just took Delf B1 last week, waiting on results. But it sounds like they haven't received anything, or maybe this is the standard letter they send...also, it says they don't offer telephone answers about a specific case, so how do I know if they only need my French results or they don't have my spouse's either?

1. Did you receive something similar since you haven't sent your spouse's language skills proof?
2. Since I just took Delf B1, I'm going to have results in 2 weeks, but the actual diploma comes from France in a few months. Are results enough, you think? Is that what you sent?

Of course they also mentioned we're on hold while they're waiting for documents so it will probably take forever to get the ball moving. I'm so disappointed I'm thinking of quitting the process altogether and just reapplying through federal July 1:((

brebu

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
w/app
Nomination.....
May 2012
AOR Received.
July 27, 2012
IELTS Request
w/app
Med's Request
July 27, 2012
Med's Done....
August 5, 2012
We called Quebec today but they won't open the "dossier". They said we need to send the test results again, since they don't have them. I can't get the results for the French result for my spouse since she took it in a different country and they only offered one original diploma. I am absolutely 100% I sent it in with our file, I even have a copy for the whole thing. I guess somebody played a bad joke on us or they simply didn't look at the the entire file, which was about 1.5 inches thick.
All I hope for is to be able to get the $500+ that they already charged me back.
After months of creating the file and spending hundreds on exams and other required things, I believe their rigidness has won over my intentions. And since I missed the federal application in July just because 3152 filled-up couple of days too soon, I think maybe I'll just stick to the US for now...
Good luck to all of you still in the race, I hope u accomplish what u set-out to do.
This is my last post.

Brebu

papago

Aug 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-02-2012
AOR Received.
23-05-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
Med's Request
23-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-06-2012
Just to update the forum that I received a CSQ today. I did not get any interview invitation. I suspect it is because I sent in results of a French test that I scored pretty high on. Post any questions you may have, and I'll respond. It took exactly one year to get it, so be patient if you just applied.

Prabhu.canada said:
Hello,

My interview is on Mar 9th. Would you mind sharing your contacts to discuss the interview preparations?

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Ayinka said:
To Shootingstar:

Not priority. I'm fluent in French and I beleive that if you've got enough points and your file is straighforward, the interview is mostly to test language proficiency. I know of many who are fluent in French who receive their certificate without an interview. I also know of a couple of people who were called in and they reported that the questions were mostly about moving the canada and preparations; as if the interviewer was doing small talk to test their french skills. I know how how lengthy this process can be, just be patient and it'll be rewarding. I'm happy to answer any other questions...know of a few cases.
Ayinka,
that is interesting - I thought priority occupation list was the only criterion.
IfI knew this I would have sent test results for principal applicant. May be I will try to get my husband to take a French test in the next 3-4 months :p

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Hello brebu,

Sorry to hear about this - do not give up. This is no big deal. atleast, you can improve upon this area.

I'm wondering if you submitted your application on or after Dec 6,2011? Because on this date they decided that test score results (English and French) are mandatory. May be that's the reason.
brebu said:
hello shootingstar,
good and bad news from me... I did receive my AOR through regular mail, with my file number and receipt for the money they charged.
Unfortunately, I also received another letter included with title:

OBJET: VOTRE DEMANDE DE CERTIFICAT DE SELECTION DU QUEBEC - PREUVES DE COMPETENCES LANGAGIERES EN FRANCAIS ET EN ANGLAIS
This letter goes on about the need for the principal applicant to document skills in English and French, as well as for the spouse in French. The reason I'm nervous is because we did send results for the principal applicant for both English and French and only I (the spouse) still need to send the French result; I just took Delf B1 last week, waiting on results. But it sounds like they haven't received anything, or maybe this is the standard letter they send...also, it says they don't offer telephone answers about a specific case, so how do I know if they only need my French results or they don't have my spouse's either?

1. Did you receive something similar since you haven't sent your spouse's language skills proof?No, I did not.
2. Since I just took Delf B1, I'm going to have results in 2 weeks, but the actual diploma comes from France in a few months. Are results enough, you think? Is that what you sent?Yes, DELF score results are enough. I sent the same.

Of course they also mentioned we're on hold while they're waiting for documents so it will probably take forever to get the ball moving. I'm so disappointed I'm thinking of quitting the process altogether and just reapplying through federal July 1:((nope, it won't take forever. Once you update your file, they will get it going. Also, you mention that you sent test results for the principal applicant, so why don't you write them an e-mail giving your dossier number and explaining this situation.