Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
brebu said:
We called Quebec today but they won't open the "dossier". They said we need to send the test results again, since they don't have them. I can't get the results for the French result for my spouse since she took it in a different country and they only offered one original diploma. I am absolutely 100% I sent it in with our file, I even have a copy for the whole thing. I guess somebody played a bad joke on us or they simply didn't look at the the entire file, which was about 1.5 inches thick.
All I hope for is to be able to get the $500+ that they already charged me back.
After months of creating the file and spending hundreds on exams and other required things, I believe their rigidness has won over my intentions. And since I missed the federal application in July just because 3152 filled-up couple of days too soon, I think maybe I'll just stick to the US for now...
Good luck to all of you still in the race, I hope u accomplish what u set-out to do.
This is my last post.

Brebu
Brebu, I don't understand why you want to give up? It is just a matter of resending your test results and sending your French test scores. Imigration officers are humans and can make mistakes. I had a similar incident with US when filing my visa application. US does not even give you a chance, your visa is just rejected :( .So i had to do the whole thing again. I'm not sure if you will get your money back because the application is not rejected. So go ahead and submit scores. You have a copy of what you sent isn't it? Make another copy of your spouse's test scores and send your French schores too. Attest everything. It will reach them in a week and your file will get moving again.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
papago said:
Just to update the forum that I received a CSQ today. I did not get any interview invitation. I suspect it is because I sent in results of a French test that I scored pretty high on. Post any questions you may have, and I'll respond. It took exactly one year to get it, so be patient if you just applied.
Awesome papago, and congrats :)
I wish we had submitted test results for principal applicant. I'm the spouse and I submitted French and English results but my spouse did not have test scores at thattime and so we just sent the file.
My application was received in sept 2011, long way to go for me :)

brebu

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 15, 2012 (hopefully)
Doc's Request.
w/app
Nomination.....
May 2012
AOR Received.
July 27, 2012
IELTS Request
w/app
Med's Request
July 27, 2012
Med's Done....
August 5, 2012
Hey shootingstar,

I was really dissapointed. Admittedly, I only provided language tests for the principal applicant, but that should be what they care about. So it is so frustrating for them to consider my case incomplete and to ask for all the tests again. And when I called and explained we have already provided the test results for the principal applicant, they just told me they can not look at my file and I should provide everything that was asked for in the letter.
And of course the stupid IELTS and TEFAQ exams don't want to provide another diploma (like it's made of gold), or they take forever to do so. This is so discouraging, and then it's just the beginning. Who knows what else they're gonna say they didn't get? Or how long it's going to take...
The main reason I chose Canada was because it seemed like a relatively straightforward process, which shouldn't take more than 18 months all together. But after reading that some people wait for more than 1 year just for the CSQ and sometimes even more for Federal, I'm not sure I want to spend the time, money and stress to get this thing to fruition.
But I do want to greatly thank you for all your time and encouragement. I might just send them a copy of my spouse's test results with my test results and see what they say. Or I might just try to do the Federal in July again, although it's almost impossible to get in before 500 other from the entire world...
Good luck with the process going forward!

ekim8587

Aug 13, 2010
Connecticut, USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 2010
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
Alors mes amis, j'ai mon entrevue le mercredi! Je suis très confident mais nerveux aussi! :)

sheva84

Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/11
AOR Received.
03/11
Bonne chance. And dont forget to let us know how the interview went.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
brebu said:
Hey shootingstar,

I was really dissapointed. Admittedly, I only provided language tests for the principal applicant, but that should be what they care about. So it is so frustrating for them to consider my case incomplete and to ask for all the tests again. And when I called and explained we have already provided the test results for the principal applicant, they just told me they can not look at my file and I should provide everything that was asked for in the letter.
And of course the stupid IELTS and TEFAQ exams don't want to provide another diploma (like it's made of gold), or they take forever to do so. This is so discouraging, and then it's just the beginning. Who knows what else they're gonna say they didn't get? Or how long it's going to take...
The main reason I chose Canada was because it seemed like a relatively straightforward process, which shouldn't take more than 18 months all together. But after reading that some people wait for more than 1 year just for the CSQ and sometimes even more for Federal, I'm not sure I want to spend the time, money and stress to get this thing to fruition.
But I do want to greatly thank you for all your time and encouragement. I might just send them a copy of my spouse's test results with my test results and see what they say. Or I might just try to do the Federal in July again, although it's almost impossible to get in before 500 other from the entire world...
Good luck with the process going forward!
I understand what you are saying - it is definitely frustrating to go through such glitches. I would suggest that : try and send the documents that they ask for. Once that is done ,just forget about this whole process and get on with your life. May be, one fine day you will be pleasantly surprised with the CSQ or CSQ interview :)
Good Luck.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Has any one contacted the CIC office for a status on the application? I want to contact them but not sure which e-mail address to use? There is one on the immigration website but I'm not sure if that is the appropriate one for this question.

Any suggestions?

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
ekim8587 said:
Alors mes amis, j'ai mon entrevue le mercredi! Je suis très confident mais nerveux aussi! :)
Good Luck ekim :)

maryr

Star Member
Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
December 2, 2014 (Email)
AOR Received.
January 2012
Goodluck ekim and please do share your interview experience.

thank you.

ekim8587

Aug 13, 2010
Connecticut, USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 2010
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
I had my interview today and received my CSQ! What an exciting day! The lady greeted me and was not overly friendly, but not overly cold either. We went over all of my documents, she asked me some questions to clarify a few things, asked me about what I know about practicing my profession, a few questions here and there about my visits to Quebec and what I know about Quebec. All the while she was entering things into her computer and she said, "Bienvenue chez nous!" The interview went for no more than an hour, though I couldn't tell you exactly how long and it was completely in French.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
ekim8587 said:
I had my interview today and received my CSQ! What an exciting day! The lady greeted me and was not overly friendly, but not overly cold either. We went over all of my documents, she asked me some questions to clarify a few things, asked me about what I know about practicing my profession, a few questions here and there about my visits to Quebec and what I know about Quebec. All the while she was entering things into her computer and she said, "Bienvenue chez nous!" The interview went for no more than an hour, though I couldn't tell you exactly how long and it was completely in French.
Awesome , congragulations :)

Which was your interview center?

ekim8587

Aug 13, 2010
Connecticut, USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 2010
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
Thanks! I was very thrilled... Speechless actually! I had my interview at Rockefeller Center in New York City.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
ekim8587 said:
Thanks! I was very thrilled... Speechless actually! I had my interview at Rockefeller Center in New York City.
I can imagine how happy you must have been :)
Enjoy the good news.

I'm also in NYC and my interview, if I have one, will happen at Rockefeller center too. Can I request your help for some more information, by sending you a PM? Please let me know.

ekim8587

Aug 13, 2010
Connecticut, USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 2010
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
Absolutely feel free to send me a message!

Bihari

Oct 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received 1st communication after my AOR on 02/28/2012. The letter stated that I am on interview wait list. How long does it take for the interview date confirmation?

Thanks!