+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Applications Estimated at 24 Months?

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Some input which contradict this a bit :

1- Applicant from Philippines, sponsor from Quebec (same city as me), submitted in january 2023, 1 week before ours. Got PPR last month after exactly 12 months of processing. No kids.

2- Applicant from Philippines with a 15yo daughter (father is deceased), sponsor from Quebec, submitted end of january 2023. Just got a letter to do re-medical with 2 IMM1017 forms. I think a decision will come shortly as our medical will expire end of april.

The second case is ours so those data points mean not everyone might have to wait that long. I also saw a couple other PR applications from Quebec recently approved within the 12-14 months.

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Some input which contradict this a bit :

1- Applicant from Philippines, sponsor from Quebec (same city as me), submitted in january 2023, 1 week before ours. Got PPR last month after exactly 12 months of processing. No kids.

2- Applicant from Philippines with a 15yo daughter (father is deceased), sponsor from Quebec, submitted end of january 2023. Just got a letter to do re-medical with 2 IMM1017 forms. I think a decision will come shortly as our medical will expire end of april.

The second case is ours so those data points mean not everyone might have to wait that long. I also saw a couple other PR applications from Quebec recently approved within the 12-14 months.
This doesn't contradict anything, the timelines are the average processing time which means some applications take shorter and some take longer. And regarding the medical, my wife's medical expired last November (2023) and they recently extended the expiry date until Jan 2025--I take this to mean she is low-risk so they didn't think she needed another medical. Nonetheless, that expiry occurred months ago yet no decision yet; hence, an expiring medical doesn't mean a decision will or will not come shortly. In our case, we have had everything but decision made for over 6 months now. AIP came last July (2023) and the the 4 milestones listed in the tracker portal have been completed since March 2023.

TL;DR, some applications go much faster the the posted processing time and there is no clear evidence of why it happens; nonetheless ,the processing time means a lot of applications take quite some time.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The way that IRCC constructs these timelines / the meaning of them is that 80% of applications submitted [x] months ago have been approved - so by definition it's well more than half have been processed more quickly.

These very long timelines (right now) that are being posted can be very volatile (jump around a lot) and can or could mean that some significant percentage (or more at least than the usual 20% IRCC thinks are usually 'complicated') are taking longer. Unfortunately it's harder to tell with more detail what's happening to make the timelines so long. But it can be consistent with what you have seen - some are going ok, some (and more than usual) are taking much longer.

Logk

Feb 13, 2024
Hey everyone. I'm trying to understand the CSQ processing time for Inland spouse sponsorship as google got me a bit confused.

I've seen for most people here that CSQ are approved within a 3-4 months timeline after submitting a request. Then starts a long waiting time for IRCC which varies drastically from one case to another, but with a tendency to reach 1-2 years total to get the PR.

Did I get the timeline right? I came here thinking that the CSQ itself would take a year or so, then IRCC would be only a few months for PR. Skip a couple of hours reading the forum and here I am questioning everything. I could use some clarification if you can!

Thanks for your help!

SCcanuck

Dec 4, 2023
Hey everyone. I'm trying to understand the CSQ processing time for Inland spouse sponsorship as google got me a bit confused.

I've seen for most people here that CSQ are approved within a 3-4 months timeline after submitting a request. Then starts a long waiting time for IRCC which varies drastically from one case to another, but with a tendency to reach 1-2 years total to get the PR.

Did I get the timeline right? I came here thinking that the CSQ itself would take a year or so, then IRCC would be only a few months for PR. Skip a couple of hours reading the forum and here I am questioning everything. I could use some clarification if you can!

Thanks for your help!
https://www.quebec.ca/en/immigration/sponsor-family-member/sponsoring-spouse-conjugal-partner/submitting-undertaking-application

If you scroll down on the page, they say they take about 3 months. I don't know about others but my CSQ took a matter of weeks. But this was back in April 2023 and I don't how its going now. I was told it would be a few months but was surprised it waqs more like 3 weeks.

Reactions: Logk

Logk

Feb 13, 2024
Thanks @SCcanuck. I have been checking this page regularly which is why I was confused by the stories of people waiting years when it's shown "most within 3 months". And thanks for your timeline!

@tea_1984 thanks for your timeline!

Regarding the overall process, I'm still trying to wrap my head around why Quebec has double the duration for PR processing if the CSQ is not the slowing down factor. My confusion came from these news of people waiting so much longer, up to 4 years, to get their PR from Quebec, and some even waiting for the AOR from MIFI. I assumed the CSQ was the delaying factor but I can see I misread the situation.

Now that you've clarified this point, could someone share a link or an explanation as per why the process is slower once IRCC has everything including the CSQ? Is the CSQ not supposed to say you are "Quebec approved" so IRCC can move on with their usual deadlines which seem to be around 9-12 months these days?

We already have the Medical and Biometric done, the Background check is in progress, and according to your timeline, we could expect to get our CSQ within 4-5 weeks. I would have though by December 2024 the PR would be done.

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Thanks @SCcanuck. I have been checking this page regularly which is why I was confused by the stories of people waiting years when it's shown "most within 3 months". And thanks for your timeline!

@tea_1984 thanks for your timeline!

Regarding the overall process, I'm still trying to wrap my head around why Quebec has double the duration for PR processing if the CSQ is not the slowing down factor. My confusion came from these news of people waiting so much longer, up to 4 years, to get their PR from Quebec, and some even waiting for the AOR from MIFI. I assumed the CSQ was the delaying factor but I can see I misread the situation.

Now that you've clarified this point, could someone share a link or an explanation as per why the process is slower once IRCC has everything including the CSQ? Is the CSQ not supposed to say you are "Quebec approved" so IRCC can move on with their usual deadlines which seem to be around 9-12 months these days?

We already have the Medical and Biometric done, the Background check is in progress, and according to your timeline, we could expect to get our CSQ within 4-5 weeks. I would have though by December 2024 the PR would be done.
The slower process is due to the quotas Quebec sets.

Reactions: Logk

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Got PPR after 14.5 months (we had a complicated case), Family Class, Outland.
Requested virtual landing. I hope it won't be delayed too much.

Good luck to others waiting for the golden email!

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
Got PPR after 14.5 months (we had a complicated case), Family Class, Outland.
Requested virtual landing. I hope it won't be delayed too much.

Good luck to others waiting for the golden email!
I am really happy for you @ERCAN !!
That looks inline with the NDVO timelines. I hope the Mississauga outland timelines are similar too.

Reactions: ERCAN